Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > Forum and Site Comments

Forum and Site Comments Suggestions, comments, and complaints related to our site or forum go here; any other posts will be deleted.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important poll regarding the new forum

We will be moving to a new (Version of these) forum(s) sometime in the near future and I want to get the opinions of everyone here first, on a few things.

Please reply with answers to the following questions, it will help us quite a bit:
  • Should we start from scratch, and delete most of the posts and threads that already exist? An archive (Separate from the main forums) will still exist if we do. Users, private messages, and so on will be kept regardless.
  • If you answered yes to the previous question, what types of threads do you want kept? If you answered no, why do you want the threads kept in the new forum?
  • What forums do you think should remain on the new forum?
  • Should we give the forums a new name? I.e. 'The Katana' becomes 'General talk', or something else entirely.
  • Would you be interested in a dedicated roleplaying area?
  • Should the forum design match the landatwar.com design?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:59 AM

HajimeSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HajimeSaito Send a message via MSN to HajimeSaito
Default Re: Important poll regarding the new forum

I think cleaning up the forums is very good idea. There are plenty of old threads and even forums that serve little purpose at this point in time. An archive is always nice to revisit the older threads. I think important sticky threads and most family section posts should be kept. The new forum should probably be an outline of this forum. An announcements section, a general section, a T:LaW section, etc. Basically this forum but without all of the extraneous boards that are not being used often enough. I think a dedicated roleplaying area is a terrific idea as there is a decently sized group that participates in RP on here. And as far as design goes it may make sense for the forums and site to at least have some similarity whether it be in layout or aesthetics.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

-yes, as saito said cleaning up the forums is a good idea, kind of a fresh start, keep the relevant posts, ideas suggestions, and things of that sort that could serve as a reference to what the community expects or wants from the game.

-well, let's see, the news section, general, and tlaw are a must, you can discard the community projects they usually die out within a few months.

-yes, give the forums new names, simple and direct to the point.

-RP? well, i've seen it first hand, RPs dont last that long to require a dedicated RP area.

-Yes, i think that would be nice, give a sense of uniformity and professionalism.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

1 Progress is always good. I wouldnt mind seeing some changes.

2 Id be happy to see the family threads become open for creation and be remade that way we clean out old families who havent had activity in years. Theres really only a handful of families currently anyway that are active. But i dont think anyone really who is active has to worry about losing their names.

3 Id hope my manga and comic site would stay lol. I am still working on new panels, i just havent released the pages yet since the art does take some time, and since there was zero activity for awhile i took some long breaks.

4 I think general talk would help new members, and make it easier for the moderators. (On a side note I notice only a few mods are still active so id be happy to be a mod if needed as i literally check the forums two to three times a day lol).

5 Sykoi my friend I have been running many rpgs since i joined, if you decide for a dedicated rpg area id be happy to run it again, if not and ppl want to play i have no prob making a good thread again. I would say instead of making it the way u had before. Make an activities area, inside make the rpg section (for various member run rpgs. and r an official tatsumaki rpg) again if u need an official tatsumaki rpg i can run that. And im sure many players here would be happy to help.

6 Yes i like the way the design looks and you guys have enough on your palette to have to redesign the forum look. Concentrate on the game and on giving us good updates.

(Side note, im gonna send you an email with some ideas for you to think over. )
Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle

1. Yes, I believe we should start from scratch and achieve what is old. A new era is dawning for game updates, and it should be for the forum as well. Plus, it will shelter new users from past discussions.

2. I can't think of anything really worth keeping, to be honest

3. I prefer forum names that start directly what they are, like general discussion

4. Not really. As someone mentioned before, they die quite fast

5. Yes. It makes it a smoother transition for the user, and it also looks nice
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about

preface: I did not read anyone else's posts.

Getting rid of the dross would be great. I would suggest keeping threads like the Wishlist. Ones with a lot of input and discussion.

Current forums are good. Giving RP its own area makes sense.
Naming - I like the Japanese motif. Maybe use 'bakufu' for the Admin section, Kabuki for RP, etc.

Design - up to you. Do you want a Tatsumaki forum, or an EoE forum?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Kado Tsuyosa is on a distinguished road

I think clearing things up would be good to make it seem more active, and not seeing last posts from 2007 lol. with the User thing, I think we should be able to have a chance to change our username if we wanted, and maybe users that have been inactive for 3+ years should be deleted to clear up some original names for some.

The discussions about the game, and suggestions forums threads that were or are very active would be good threads to keep.

I think more direct names would be appropriate such as General discussion, fan art, and so forth...or give every single forum a traditional title like SunWu suggested

A dedicated RP would be useful for people who actually want to do it, but it could end up being very inactive

and the forum would look good with the same format as the website, however it looks nice the way it is now also.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
The Guy

DeXtrose is on a distinguished road

I think guests should only be able to post in a single introduction thread, that way the spam is all in one place.