Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 PM

ostrich229 is on a distinguished road
Default [Q]Shops

With shops will players be able to create desriptions for thier items?

Also will players be able to keep items up permently(weather the item is in stock or not)? so when a player puts up a certain item on a regular basis but is not in stock when a persons come they will no that the item is sold there.

Can players
make signs?
pay for advertisement(like in the theater and such)?
put up posters?
make a logo?
create a franchise or multiple shops in different locations?
hire players as employees?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito
Default Re: [Q]Shops

oh well, if you're willing to open a shopping mall... (kidding)

Oh well... this is pretty much a good thing... but... such things would be everywhere... since everyone would like to go selling everything... of course it could have some "item selling" poster on a "message board" in the cities... but... Hiring players... well... that could be cool... but they could rob you, eh? A NPC would be somewhat more trustful... or not... anyway... I think a logo and all wouldn't be hard. like you put that on the shop's title... and... having lots of shops would be really interesting... but it would finish off anyone who have not much to sell and all... it should be somewhat balanced, like, a family want to own all shops... they just go buying all the shop places and all they can everywhere.... It wouldn't be really cool, right?

but most of it could be really cool

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM

ostrich229 is on a distinguished road

well Sykoi said that houses would be expensive so i dont think a family could just go buying all the spots and also i think you can build houses like anywhere so i dont think they will run out of spots but yeah i guess logos would be very hard and hiring players wouldnt be too safe unless you knew them but you could just lock the shop and have them guard the outside.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 PM

Delerium is on a distinguished road

one thing i really dislike is in games where the people just go afk selling their stuff. it really clutters up the landscape with people spamming what they have for sale. That alone made me become bored with guildwars. I don't know, maybe have a designated place like a market in every city and some sort of interface. the saga of ryzon? one was pretty good. they had a specific npc to use as the market interface. i just can't stand people sitting around clogging up my frame rate.

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
A sharp katana, thick armor, a strong heart......that's how I roll.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I'M BATMAN!

About the houses, yeah that's true, but... It'd be a city with 3 residential houses, and 42 shops... That'd suck a lot, because most of people would like to open shops and all, I, personally, would like to open a blacksmith somewhere... Oh, well, every game like that suck, in ragnarok it was a pain to walk the main streets and see that that 60% of the people online the game were those selling whores... They just went away and let it be... So only real time shopping will own, if there's a offline selling setting... it will make sellings crappy, and after all, the fun of being a salesman is to talk to people and all... Also taht would probably reduce the mind-bogglingly number of those salesmen....

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

My view is that you should have to buy a commission to open a shop.. and that would not be cheap, also each town would only allow a certain number of commisions to be purchased. trading outside shops should be allowed on a limited scale, but most commerce would be focused through those shops. THe way the skill system is supposed to work, you will basically have to be specialized in an area to excell at it enough to make money at it, like as a soldier or a blacksmith, so there shouldn't be a large problem with people selling their stuff all over.

ALso, one way around that would be for there to be a set price on items of a specific nature, and incorporate a trade type skill. WHen you enter a shop, your ranking with that particular shop owner's family or clan (because to have the money or pull to open a shop you should most definately have to have backing) and is combined with your trade/haggle skill and compared to that of the owner of the shop, and the result will slightly adjust the price you see for items. (only slightly. You can't get a huge discount or get terribly ripped off by it, but you could make out inthe long run). this might take a bit of work to get hammered out in the short term, but I think would smooth out the commerce system in the long run. It would also allow people who want to do nothing but run a shop or work a trade to make a living. Lemme know what you all think.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 03-15-2007, 04:11 PM

yeah like in eve online you can see what the going rate is for something but it still gives you the ability to purchase it if needed. i think that really helps keep inflation down.

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
Old 03-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

how about like it is in the real world... only x number of lots in the town to build stands of which you have to pay rent for (higher rent depending on traffic) when your contract for that lot ends, there is a bid off for the lot. Amount of lots can be allocated by the founder of the city, or the ruling prefect (which ever is the case) this will allow offline selling, without cluddering the town.

this will allow for small numbers of shops while allowing selling while offline

(sorry for grammer, i just got off a 5hour drive)

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I'M BATMAN!

Indeed that would be pretty cool... But... I stull don't like the Idea of gaining money without your effort to sell it... just to get it... Like... It'd be real to hire someone to sell, even npc, but... that' be "easy" money, not really cool, but... many few would like the idea... But only being able to sell online, and hiring being pretty expensive... that'd own...

Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM

i like the idea of an npc vendor that can only be placed in your house. it would seem logical that you shouldnt be able to open a store until you have somewhere to live. unless its blackmarket stuff. I just hate seeing spam clutter up my game anytime i go into a town, people kneeling with whatever they are selling plastered above their heads or just shouting it out and jamming up spatial chat.

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方