Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Aucillion is on a distinguished road
Default Caste System

This fits under both the question and idea prefixes but I figure most of it is a idea, if the dev's say they didnt plan on it

Will there be some way of being born with a merit of being of the samurai caste, or a demerit which would give you extra option at start up for being the disinfranchised (Eta) and would there be there own set of options for being somewhere in between? Or if there is no bonus points to tweak you starting stats, and maybe get merits, maybe it could be a option, just make sure people read the benefits and penalties of being a samurai carefully before chooseing it, or just make sure they wet there feet in the game for like 10, or 15 hourse before they choose any caste other then the commoner, the heimen (I think) . Anyways the only reason I think being a samurai should be able to be choosen at chargen and not solely a clan thing is, even a disowned samurai/ronin, is still considered to be of the buke/samurai class, even though nobody will trust him
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
sneak master

the sneak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Caste System

I think it would be interesting to see a system where you were chosen at random. Almost like how it used to be in SWG, where the Jedi were slim and randomly generated. I honestly dont know how you would implement such a framework but once again, it would spice up the Flava!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Aucillion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Caste System

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sneak View Post
I think it would be interesting to see a system where you were chosen at random. Almost like how it used to be in SWG, where the Jedi were slim and randomly generated. I honestly dont know how you would implement such a framework but once again, it would spice up the Flava!
I perfer not random but paid for, if you were a samurai, and depending on the era, the ability to legally have and wield a katana would be paid for by either having to fight, or you were a ronin, who still fought, but the main penalty is everybody (and this would have to be NPC's) would distrust you, then again if you were a Eta you could get away with murder you were excluded from the justice system, then again if somebody wanted revenge, you were excluded from the justice system, and heimen (the commoner class) well the lower rung of that class the merchant, well, he could be filthy rich, and you could become a farmer if you wanted to climb the ladder of status in the commoner status, but then again the filthy rich merchant, could just as easily buy samarai status and be a Ji-Samurai, sorta like a half caste, they could still wield a katana though it was shorter since they werent born into the class, but it wasnt a wakisashi either, and there children could have full sized katana.

Edit- And if there is one thing I hated with a passion in SWG, is I could never stand the game or the grind neccessary to become a jedi let alone make it to Jedi Knight Status, ability to stat a mind numbing grind does not seem like a good criteria for jedi, besides they just put that grind in to limit population, it might have been cool if they did what City of Heroes/Villains did and just make you hit level cap, before you get your shiney jedi.