Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan
Default Re: [Q]Cults and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojwk View Post
I suppose there is the possibility of a few lone Christian missionaries who wound up in Japan at that time.
Yes, it would be safe to assume that with the firearms came with Jesuit priests.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Zafsk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessan View Post
Yes, it would be safe to assume that with the firearms came with Jesuit priests.
Lmao! Heh, well it depends on how much you are willing to sacrafice for a great game. Imagine the publicity if the game ended up on New York Times or USA today with headlines "Politically Incorrect Game TLaW" >
Old 03-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Ay, people these days take religion too seriously. It is not the organization that matters, it is one's Faith.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:36 PM
sneak master

the sneak is on a distinguished road

I dont know if any of you have followed some Second life news but apparently there was public defacement of John Edwards Virtual Camp. But it was actually talked about. and just stretched the ever thinning line between the real breathing world and the ever evolving virtual counterpart just a little thinner. pretty interesting here is a link to anyone who wants to check it out http://valleywag.com/tech/virtual-politics/the-real-saboteurs-of-second-life-241703.php"]
there is the link to the story.

But I agree that the dark sides of things shouldnt always be left out. I agree that this is easy enough to get rid of. But maybe some brave soul could pre order for life, and as their in game item create a cross and the good book. become a personal evangelist.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Zafsk is on a distinguished road

With light ALWAYS follows dark, its the way life works. I do agree with the fact that the organization of it all is over rated, I am good enough just to say I follow Christ but some people have a issue with that. I am not going to harp on you, but before this turns ugly I still think that religion would add another element of realism to the game if that is what we are shooting for.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Miyakami_Tatsuya is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that we should stick with the basic religions that have been in Japan for a very long time and not try to incorporate any western religions into it because, like people have said, it would cause too much hassle and I think that if someone started to harp on about their own religion then it would cause quite a problem, so maybe people should stick to what might be ingame and go with the flow.

Everyone will be there to have fun and not sprout religious rhetoric about how one religion is better than the other, stick with the peaceful Japanese religions and we will all be fine!!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Ninjitsu Master

True. Some people would find it hard to RP following the tenets of an unfamiliar faith when a more familiar option is available.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep this on topic
Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

You know, someone's probably gonna try to bring christianity into the game at some point or other, and i can actually think of a few ways to do it, since the game is structured to allow freedom. So, really, this example shows, in answer to the original question, that there will probably be cults and the such eveantually in TLaW, if it gets big.

P.S.: Personally i'd love to see a war that gets people going as much as religon in tatsumaki, but i hope it isn't something as... out of game as religon >< And the whole rebels/empire thing probably won't be too big of a deal until player families realy start becoming prominent.

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Hand of God

Chronor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You know, someone's probably gonna try to bring christianity into the game at some point or other, and i can actually think of a few ways to do it, since the game is structured to allow freedom. So, really, this example shows, in answer to the original question, that there will probably be cults and the such eveantually in TLaW, if it gets big.

P.S.: Personally i'd love to see a war that gets people going as much as religon in tatsumaki, but i hope it isn't something as... out of game as religon >< And the whole rebels/empire thing probably won't be too big of a deal until player families realy start becoming prominent.
I agree. And i don't see many people itching to make one of their characters join some sort of cult. Even though this is just a game, I personally wouldn't want to join something like that. If there is any sort of cult or cult-warfare, it will probably be in the form of families and empirical alliances.