Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Polls and Surveys

Archived: Polls and Surveys Polls and surveys will be housed here; only developers are allowed to create new threads.

View Poll Results: Which death system?
Re-incarnation 53 25.00%
Perma-death 37 17.45%
Injury Induced Sleep 77 36.32%
Spirit 45 21.23%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [Poll] Death

My views on perma-death are basically: All or nothing.
If we're going to have characters be deleted at all because of death - it should be the pure perma-death system, not a variation of it.

However, there are plenty of ways to follow Sun's idea without the dreaded thought of perma-death.

I'm for the injury induced sleep / recovery - if a player dies too much from the same wound, that wound will take a very long time to heal before they can do anything too demanding (Fighting) - this would enforce everything below:
a) Farming
b) Hospitals
c) Restaurants
d) The economy (As a result of all of the above)
e) Fishing
f) Other tradeskills
g) Starting festivals
h) Helping other players
i) Forming families
j) Forming towns
k) Forming alliances with other families
...And the list goes on.

What do you do when you're hurt really bad, and in the hospital? You hone your other skills - you help other people - you try to pass the time any way you can - and gradual injury induced sleep / downtime would be similar to this.

We could possibly work on something like this:
-If you get killed from a blow to the head, your intelligence will be lowered and you will be passed out for awhile, unable to move very much until you heal
-If you die from a leg wound, you won't be able to walk for awhile and will have to work on getting on your feet (Slowly)
-If you die from arm wounds, well... Obviously anything that uses your arms will be greatly damaged.
-And your chest - you won't be able to do anything that requires a lot of blood pumping through you / that makes you breath heavier (Lots of physical activity)

For 30 minutes or so, you won't be able to do anything - but you'll slowly get better.
After 4-5 hours, you'll be able to fight and such again, but won't be as good
After a day, you'll be almost completely healed but the damaged area will still be very weak.
After a week, your wound will be completely healed and you can do anything you want.

If you get hurt, or die from the same thing (or in the same area), you'll take twice as long to recover; if you get hurt or die from it AGAIN, twice as long again (Four times as long) and so on.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2005, 09:32 AM

Mano is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mano

i voted for reincarnation,

my thoughts about perma death system is that putting some roleplay in death can mean the new char may get some "gift" from the former character.

Since not many games actually features real perma death system, i guess its hard for the team to know what would be good or not,

i do think the reincarnation would follow a somewhat religion that can give some roleplay aspect, that should'nt be put away. Since the death is not something really "cool" (if i can say that) in a game the way would be to be something mixed between some hard aspect and others better.

loosing most possession (except if the person gave to a lawyer or somethin) as exemple, but gainin the house, or former char's famous saber / fishstick / whatever, or gainin some bonuses in some skill,

well i do think reincarnation is a cool way to go, i hope we'll see it released
Old 05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Racoon of Hell is on a distinguished road

Well, now I guess I'm going for Sykoi's idea of injury induced sleep recovery. It seems fair enough to me.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Shogun of all Japan

connick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For 30 minutes or so, you won't be able to do anything - but you'll slowly get better.
After a day, you'll be almost completely healed but the damaged area will still be very weak.
After a week, your wound will be completely healed and you can do anything you want.
Do you mean a week in real life or a week in game? I think that a week in real life would be too much. I'm all for realism, but I wouldn't sacrifice that much gameplay.

I do like the idea of your cause of death affecting your recovery. Something like a recovery period would be a great alternative to a long respawn time. As you said, you could sit around and play Go or Shogi at the hospital. Maybe hobble around and cook meals for other patients. I think all the threads on death are starting to take a more solid form. Especially since I believe we can close the lid on permadeath; I don't think anyone is that big on realism.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Well after a day you can do whatever you want, you just have to be careful - theres no real sacrifice there, you just have to make sure you don't get too injured

Also keep in mind that during the week you'll be slowly healing - so after 3 1/2 days, you'll be 50% recovered; and even then, it'd take a lot to kill you.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:17 PM

BrainBandAid is on a distinguished road

Is the karma idea out the window? If you kill someone in cold blood, and then you die, you have more harsh consequences than the inocent guy you killed? That's fair. And what kind of stats are we talking about losing? This is starting to sound more and more like a standard RPG every day... [whine]

And what about seppuku by the way?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:17 PM

OdaNobunaga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykoi
My views on perma-death are basically: All or nothing.
If we're going to have characters be deleted at all because of death - it should be the pure perma-death system, not a variation of it.

However, there are plenty of ways to follow Sun's idea without the dreaded thought of perma-death.

I'm for the injury induced sleep / recovery - if a player dies too much from the same wound, that wound will take a very long time to heal before they can do anything too demanding (Fighting) - this would enforce everything below:
a) Farming
b) Hospitals
c) Restaurants
d) The economy (As a result of all of the above)
e) Fishing
f) Other tradeskills
g) Starting festivals
h) Helping other players
i) Forming families
j) Forming towns
k) Forming alliances with other families
...And the list goes on.

What do you do when you're hurt really bad, and in the hospital? You hone your other skills - you help other people - you try to pass the time any way you can - and gradual injury induced sleep / downtime would be similar to this.

We could possibly work on something like this:
-If you get killed from a blow to the head, your intelligence will be lowered and you will be passed out for awhile, unable to move very much until you heal
-If you die from a leg wound, you won't be able to walk for awhile and will have to work on getting on your feet (Slowly)
-If you die from arm wounds, well... Obviously anything that uses your arms will be greatly damaged.
-And your chest - you won't be able to do anything that requires a lot of blood pumping through you / that makes you breath heavier (Lots of physical activity)

If you get hurt, or die from the same thing (or in the same area), you'll take twice as long to recover; if you get hurt or die from it AGAIN, twice as long again (Four times as long) and so on.
yeah i see some similar points from wat i posted on post number 12
Still as a Mountian.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Osumi is on a distinguished road

I prefer permadeath over excessive wait times. And by excessive I mean anything that could take more than two days til you are fully healed. Atleast with permadeath you can get right back into playing the game again as soon as you feel like starting over.

I would understand if it took 30 minutes til you could leave the hospital and then maybe 2 hours til you were moving at normal walking speed with half health. and then maybe another hour or two and you would be fine. No more than 5 hours of downtime or I'll lose my mind. Atleast not on movement and major stats. If you want to add a penalty for a few days on some of the minor stats, I understand. But I'm not gonna pay to sit in a hospital for a week. I'd rather just flat out die.

-Osumi
Old 05-11-2005, 09:46 PM

OdaNobunaga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osumi
I prefer permadeath over excessive wait times. And by excessive I mean anything that could take more than two days til you are fully healed. Atleast with permadeath you can get right back into playing the game again as soon as you feel like starting over.

I would understand if it took 30 minutes til you could leave the hospital and then maybe 2 hours til you were moving at normal walking speed with half health. and then maybe another hour or two and you would be fine. No more than 5 hours of downtime or I'll lose my mind. Atleast not on movement and major stats. If you want to add a penalty for a few days on some of the minor stats, I understand. But I'm not gonna pay to sit in a hospital for a week. I'd rather just flat out die.

-Osumi
i agree with you that down time should not exceed more then 30mins i would go mad too if i keep getting down time and cant play the game waiting for hours or days to pass
Still as a Mountian.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Ninjitsu Master

KazeKuroi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KazeKuroi Send a message via Yahoo to KazeKuroi

Permenent Death is just to harsh, that means no room for mistake from a new player, leading to discouragement amongst players, then the work goes to waste.
Reincarnation, this I believe is more Mystical then Realistic, and again, you lose all your work and all your effort, and can become discouraged. Death can be an easy event to meet. Although Type B personalities might not mind any of the two mentioned previosly, your Type A would and majority of the world is type a.
Injured induced sleep. This one seems more logical, but when it comes down to having your head cut off whats going to happen? You surely can't walk yourself to a hospital for treatment either... I believe maybe a chance of rescue here, 30 seconds in this faze with an herbal remedy that will give you an oppertunity to be reserected. A gift from the goddess of Luck and Wisdom, Benten. But with use of this resurection administered by someone else, Your body will be plagued with great illnesses, ect. going to the self induced recovery system.
Spirit will be the next step if you are not givin an herbal rememdy within a 30 sec time frame, Thing is you shouldn't be able to enter combat once again as mentioned previously. For several days, which would be a bit nicer if their days weren't in real time but like 24 days of the games time is equivelant to 3 days of our time. 3h=1day

But then again what I am saying really isn't thought through, please dun rebuttle it. =p

It's fun to be young, dumb and full of cum, but it's funner to be old, wise and full of suprise. -Unknown