Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > Role-playing

Role-playing Post stories, character descriptions, or role-play as your character here.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New yagyu rpg ccg game table

After a few hours of hiking in the hot spring sun the team stummbled upon enemy spies.

"Shinobi spies! we cannot let them escape and report our numbers. Attack."

Last edited by Yagyu; 05-12-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

Yama quickly readied himself for battle.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

Jubei flung a shuriken, taking down one ninja immediately, and charged off into the brush after another.

Yama traded attacks with the ninja attacking him, and was surprised when he took a small wound to his arm. In a rage he crushed the ninja on the next attack.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 AM

Shinobikaito is on a distinguished road

In'ei struck at the shinobi once, leaving him dead on the spot. The shinobi hardly had a chance to defend himself.

"Dishonored pest!"

"I have a reputation for speed." ~Hozoin In'ei
Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 PM

NOTEDue to 2 months of inactivity and several live group quests i am going to summarize the events leading to the next chapter.) <Also note that shinobikato's is no longer playing Hozoin Inei from this point on, but will be playing Shinzou.>

Jubei vanished into the forest, pursuing the Ninja assassins. The party had been routed, when yama lead them further they found Miyoshi forces barring the main roads through the mountains.

Fearing for Jubei's safety, Yama turns the team back to search for him, however the hunt is in vain. Injured and weary the team returns to Yagyu valley to regroup and report Jubei's disappearance.

Upon returning to Yagyu Valley they find Jubei has also returned with news of the Miyoshi forces occupation of Nara. Hozoin Inei gets a message from his Master at Hozoin Temple to return. His Master has been poisoned and the temple is in danger from Miyoshi forces.

After a fond farewell, Jubei's father Yagyu Ieyoshi calls a meeting and sends Yagyu Kenichi, Ryubara Yama, Miyamoshi Motonosa and Uke Gyobbu, a recently returned Shonobi Spy and Assassin of the Ura Yagyu, on a second attempt to return General Kisawa Nagamasa to Yagyu Village.

Jubei is called away for another secret mission. Meanwhile Kenichi leads the team through the Kasugi mountains. But they find the bridge that connects the mountains has been sabotaged. When they follow the tracks to find the culprits, Yama falls into a tunnel trap, the team not wanting to abandon their comrade leap into the hole to follow. But the tunnel takes a split and the group fall into the opposite direction of Yama.

Falling into separate prison cells, the fellowship find themselves in the custody of a group of Bandit Ronin mercenaries, Hired by the Miyoshi clan to capture any Yagyu clan members trying to reach nara.

Yama after having a heated exchange of words with the leader of the rabble, manages to trick a guard into getting to close to his cell and frees himself. He then sees his old adversary Porkchop the Boar. The Porkchop holds Yama's stolen treasure, his fathers sword, in its mouth. it taunts him then runs away.

Yama trys to follow but loses the boar, he then finds his companions in another prison. After dispatching the guard and making a huge ruckus doing so, he frees them only to have drawn the attention of several more guards.

After a violent battle in which our heroes show their great skills, they make their way out of the underground structure to find the leader of the mercenaries waiting. It begins to rain and the leader taunts them with a choice of honor or dishonor.

All but Yama choose a dishonorable attack and rushed the man. After a fierce battle in which many of them suffered broken weapons, a sign of karma, the leader fell.

After continuing on they had finally come to a temple road near the city of nara. When they reached shoshoin temple they found the temple had been taken over by the Miyoshi.

Upon seeing the miyoshi kenichi and Yama charged and a battles ensued. After finishing off the guards Uke was sent in to scout the grounds and find out the strength of the Miyoshi force inside the temple. However Uke's luck was not with him when a Miyoshi soldier spotted him and attacked.

The sounds of battle drew his friends to come to his aid and after another grand skirmish, the Yagyu had liberated Shosho-in temple.

The monks informed the Yagyu that the Miyoshi now completely controlled Nara and had set up border gates at all the main roads. After giving their liberators monk robes for disguises the team double backed and choose to seek help from their friend and ally Hozoin Inei.

When they reached Hozoin temple they could see that the scars of battle had taken place here. Graves to unknown Miyoshi soldiers marked the sides of the road to the temple. When finally they reached Hozoin, they were at first mistaked for more invaders, but after being identified properly by Inei they were welcomed in with open arms.

After bathing and eating, the Yagyu warriors and Ryubara Yama couldnt help but jump at the opportunity to test themselves against the famous Hozoin Ryu Shitojutsu.

After defeating the students and instructors they were surpised to find Jubei had witnessed their victory. After explaining to the victors that after his secret mission he was sent to help them in their mission, Jubei also succumbed to the temptation to test himself in the famous temple. Setting up a small tournament, Yama and Kenichi draw the even straws and dueld one another.

After a difficult and close duel, Yagyu Kenichi came out as victor. Uke Gyobbu was next, He and Kenichi fought a fierce contest against one another, but again kenichi's skills proved to be the stronger.

Kenichi then had to face his cousin Jubei. The battle was one to be added to the annals of Hozoin history. The duel was fought hard and long but in the end Jubei took the win.

However Jubei still showing his immaturity and his tendancy to like to sleep decided to not face inei, and allowed his friends instead to advance.

After each of the warriors tested themselves against Inei, the leader of the Hozoin temple was defeated. In respect he bestowed a gift upon Uke being his personal Spear.
A weapon which had been modified from a masterpiece, creating the first Jumonji spear.

The team finally departed Hozoin temple and snuck through a small forest to enter Nara.
Arriving at the Nara bar they found a man who had just been sent flying through the entrance door.

When they entered they saw a familiar face. It was Yagyu Katsuro, trying to squeeze a barrel of Sake through a small back door.

after getting his attention and having some reunion drinks, Jubei sent Motonosa outside to tend to the bartender, who had been tossed out of his own bar for refusing service to Katsu who had plenty of money to pay.

However the Miyoshi patrol saw Motonosa and took him for a bandit, Moto trying to explain himself and failing decided to take flight. Half the partol pursued him and the other half entered the bar to arrest Katsu.

After watching them tie Katsu up, Jubei knew he couldnt let the comedic situation go any further. Kenichi agreeing with Jubei walked up to a guard and punched him igniting a bar brawl.

After the group had finished off all the guards they were reunited with Motonosa who had double backed and returned to the bar. Explaining the Miyoshi would now be looking for them, Jubei inquired as to the whereabouts of General Kisawa.

Katsuro recalled with some difficulty from his excessive drinking, that General Kisawa was arrested. Upon leaving the team caught the attention of a man cloaked in shadows. He explained he was Kisawa's contact and that the General was brought either to the Magistrates office, or to the Yakuza Mansion which the Miyoshi Soldiers had taken over and were using a sa base of operations.

Jubei split the fellowship into two teams. He and Kenichi headed for the magistrates office, and Motonosa leading the secondary team headed for the Yakuza mansion.

Upon arriving at the Yakuza mansion the group attempted to sneak into the back through the forest, but there was a Band of Yakuza lying in wait. After a qiuck skirmish the yakuza were defeated.

Motonosa wasted no time when he reached the mansion. Storming through the paper doors, he reached the room with General Kisawa tied up, his team behind him.

But a large group of miyoshi samurai were waiting in an ambush. Finishing off all the Miyoshi in the room, finally the leader revealed himself. It was non other then Miyoshi Masayasu, the man who lead the devestating attack on Yagyu village.

Sparks flew as battle ignited, Katsu remembering his fellow villagers burning in their homes attacked with the ferocity of a fire oni. With a mighty swing he split Masayasu's spear in two.

Without his weapon, the captain of the Miyoshi was in deep trouble. realizing his defeat, he took flight and escaped. Freeing General Kisawa The team left to return to Hozoin temple and await Jubei and Kenechi.

meanwhile Jubei and Kenichi reached the Magistrates office, which also had been taken over by the Miyoshi. Jubei kicked the door in to find several archers guarding the halls. After dodging a flurry of arrows kenichi and Jubei cut through the archers like paper.
Several more soldiers tried to prevent their advance but failed.

finally reaching the magistrated room, they saw a heavy set monk in strange black battle armor, armed with an ancient chinese Jion sword.

The Monk identified himself as Tsutsui Junsho, lord of the Tsutsui clan and General of the Miyoshi army. Jubei and Kenichi wasted no words. An epic battle began, the very ground shook as katana met jion.

Sparks flew and ignited the paper doors and the magistrates office began burning. Still amidst the flames Junsho fought the Yagyu cousins. Finally with Kenichi badly wounded, and Jubei exhausted and amazed at the monks skill and stamina, the young Yagyu lord finally knocked the blade from Junsho's hands and delivered a mortal wound.

Junsho realizing his only hope was escape ran into the flames laughing. Jubei took the Jion as a prize, and helping his cousin left the burning building, returning to Hozoin and his friends.

After a few misadventures on the journy back to Yagyu village through the mountains of kasugi, General Kisawa had finally been safely delivered.

But that was just the beginning...

Chapter 4

The Council of War

Mount Shigi Castle was quiet. The only sound was the chirping of cicada's in the forests of the mountain the great fortress sat upon.

Hosokawa Ujitsuna walked down the hall to Lord Miyoshi's personal chambers. He hated having to bow to this unrefined warlord. He was a noble after all, related to the emperor and descendant of both great nobles and samurai alike.

But unfortunately his bid for Kanreiu, Guardian of the Shogunate had failed. Now cast from his clan he had turned to what he felt was the only true power that could give him his revenge over his brothers in the Hosokawa.

That being the powerful warlike Miyoshi clan. The Miyoshi was a clan comprised of heroes and villains alike. There were good honorable men here as well as those who had no honor whatsoever. Miyoshi Nagayoshi was surprisingly an honorable man.

Honest and loyal but firm and strong. he was the perfect model of a Samurai. Perhaps that was why Ujitsuna hated him. He was everything Ujitsuna was not. Everything that Ujitsuna's brother...was.

There was only one man in the Miyoshi clan whom Ujitsuna hated more then the man he now called lord. The daimyo of the Matsunaga clan, Matsunaga Hasahide. Hasahide was perhaps also the only man who Ujitsuna truly feared.

Matsunaga Hasahide was Akira himself. He had a tongue of silver and could manipulate almost anyone into doing as he pleased. He was also unreadable. Ujitsuna could not tell if the man was good or evil or even human.
Whatever motives Matsunaga had were his own and could not be unearthed by any normal man.

The Miyoshi clan was complacent and content to rule over its own lands until Matsunaga came before Nagayoshi. After masterfully convincing Lord Miyoshi Nagayoshi that Japan was bleeding from the warring daimyo, and that only the Miyoshi could bring peace and justice to the land by an iron fist, Matsunaga become the right hand man of Nagayoshi and was given the title of High General.

Ujitsuna had to give him credit however. The man was a brilliant strategist.
The Miyoshi territory had expanded three times greater then it was by force of conquest. The entire land now feared the diamond crest of the Miyoshi.

Even the most powerful warlords such as Takeda Shingen, Hojo Ujitsuna, Uesugi Kenshin, Imagawa Yoshimoto and Oda Nobunaga would not dare go to war with the Miyoshi. In fact the ashikaga Shoganate had been too cowardly to punish Miyoshi for his conquests.

Now the Miyoshi had grown stronger then the Shogunate and the Emperor's forces combined. It was only a question of when Miyoshi would decide to march on Kyoto and seize the capitol and the title of Shogun for himself.

But it seemed that Matsunaga had convinced the Lord once again that the Miyoshi clan must control more, they must control the great warriors of Yamato. Primarily the Yagyu clan, the Hozoin monks the Ryubara clan, and the Kageha.

With these warriors in his army Miyoshi would be invincible.

Ujitsuna entered the chambers.

"My Lord, I come with news on the..."

His words dropped off as he saw his lord turn to face him in synch with the man standing next to him. It was none other then the high general Matsunaga Hasahide himself.

Hasahide smiled.

"Ah Lord Hosokawa, such a pleasure to see you. I trust you are well. Please tell us what news you have come to share."

His voice was silvery and sweet, he looked more like a woman then a man, it was very hard to remember how he hated him. But Ujitsuna focused on his Lord.

" General Tsutsui has failed his mission. They had managed to capture General Kisawa Nagamasa at some bar, however a covert group of Yagyu and Ryubara slipped past the patrols we set up in the mountains surrounding their valley. They managed to assault Captain Miyoshi Masayasu and escape with Kisawa."

Miyoshi Nagayosha lifted his hand and wiped the sweat from the top of his stubble head.

"This heat is unbearable. So the Yagyu and ryubara are proving to be as difficult to conquer as I thought. I guess you owe me 100 ryo Matsunaga."

Miyoshi said with a chuckle.

"Yes indeed my lord. A shame to hear of such failure however. But it just makes getting the Yagyu and the Ryubara conscripted into our army all the more desirable."

Matsunaga smiled feeling very pleased he had chosen a worthy target.

"Also General Tsutsui has retreated our forces from Nara. The Magistrates office burned when the young Yagyu lord and an army of his Shadow Yagyu Ninja attacked. They killed everyone in the building, women and childen, officers, Jittemen, cats, dogs..everyone."

Matsunaga got a perplexd look on his face.

"Now that doent sound like the Yagyu at all, that sounds more like something the Hojo would send the Fuma to do. Who gave this report?"

Ujitsuna looked down at his scroll.

"General Tsutsui, he said he did everything he could to save the people, but he claims the yagyu are blasphemers and should be destroyed by order of buddha himself."

Matsunaga laughed.

" So Tsutsui is now on speaking terms with Buddha? The report has clearly been...exaggerated. I wouldnt be suprised if it was just Jubei and one of his cousins."

Ujitsuna looked back at his scroll.

" Unfortunately that is not the only bad news. The Kageha have gone into hiding, we have not located their shinobi villages yet, the ones we did were abandoned. The Ryubara are also proving difficult to find, we know they have a castle somewhere in the mountains, but few have been there."

Nagayoshi scratched his jaw, the beard bothered him from time to time but as lord of the Miyoshi he needed to look and act in a certain manner.

" I am sure eventually we will find them. By the way, have we just tried speaking with the leaders of these clans and seeing if they would join our cause?"

Matsunaga shook his head.

" We have not yet located the Kageha head, we sent Tsutsui to speak with the former lord, Yagyu Ieyoshi, i believe they call him the old man of Yagyu village. According to Tsutsui's report the old man became inflamed and is an avid supporter of the Shogun. He even tried to assassinate Tsutsui's messenger, Miyoshi Masayasu. A battle erupted and some buildings were burned down in the chaos."

Nagayoshi shook his head.

" I have heard that the old man is short tempered. Ad if he truly is a supporter of the Shogun then we have no choice but to defeat him now, rather then let him rally Yamato against us."

Nagayoshi paused and swatted at a cicada that had flown into the room.

"Order Tsutsui to retake Nara. Inform the lord of Awa to take his army and stop searching for Ryubara. Divert them to Nara to take command of operations there until Tsutsui can learn to handle matters without so much bloodshed."

Ujitsuna Bowed to both men and then left.

Nagayoshi turned to Matsunaga.

" If Tsutsui didnt own lands so close to Yagyu i never would have let him be the advance force. Remind me why we didnt execute him when we conquered his lands?"

Matsunaga smiled

"Because it would have been a barbaric thing to do my lord. Besides it would be bad Karma to execute a head priest of Buddha. Even if that priest is as repulsive and corrupt as Junsho. However remember my lord, all men have their uses. Good and evil, Yin and Yang, night and day. If one wishes to rule the land he must rule both the good and bad, the yin and the yang. One cannot exist without the other. Without night the birds wouldnt not know to sleep. Without day they would not know to sing."

Nagayoshi sighed.

" Your right as always. And I suppose we dont want a revolt of his army on our hands. Let us hope this situation with the clans of Yamata can be resolved soon. The Ashikaga has no control of the land. Hojo sends his Fuma dogs to spread chaos in every corner. Takeda sits in his castle like a mountain blocking the shguns authority and roaring like a tiger to scare anyone who comes near. Oda plays wargames with Imagawa. Imagwa feeds off of the Shogun like a festering cancer.

Uesugi are so busy digging themselves out of snow and worshiping deities that they cant even decide on a ruler yet. Meanwhile The ashikaga Shogun cowers in his palace, letting the Daimyo act in anyway they see fit. The people of the land suffer more and more. They need a strong hand to guide them to peace."

Matsunaga smiled.

"That hand must be your my lord. You are the epitome of a true Bushi. No other can quell the chaos of this Sengoku Jidai."

Nagyoshi moved and stood at the terrace, he looked down on the view and saw the kasugi mountains in the distance.

" I wonder Matsunaga...I wonder what it would be like to face one of these clan heads myself in a duel. To test myself as I once did in my youth when i had my shugyosha. If there were warriors as great as Yagyu Jubei, Rybara Yama, and Chizoshi Ichimaru, and those they lead..."

Matsunaga placed his hand on Nagayoshi's shoulder.

" Dreams of another time and another life my lord. You are a leader of men now. Your tests are of the art of war, and you shall master that as you have mastered everything else you have set your mind upon."

Matsunaga brushed the hair from his eyes and stared our at the kasugi mountains as well.

" Soon the land of the rising son will be at peace"....

Jubei opened his eyes and swatted a pesky fly away. He knew it was almost time to awake anyway.

In one week the Council of War would be held in Koyagu castle. The heads of the clans of Yamato would meet and debate. They would then make a full decision if the combined clans of Kisawa, Yagyu, Ryubara, Hozoin and Kageha would join and go to war against the invading Miyoshi forces officially.

An official declaration of war would mean the Shogun would have to take notice. he would be forced to send forces to aid one side or the other. This was General Kisawa's hope and why he had come to Yagyu valley. Using his old sensei's clan as a lightning rod to rouse the heads of the clans of yamato he would devise a way to turn the tables on the Miyoshi.

Jubei had to admit he liked the old man. He was lewed and not afraid to get his hands dirty. He drank and belched and womanized and smoked and even gambled. yet his mind was brilliant when applied to the art of war.

He fit in very well with the group, he even would go on drinking contests with Yama and Katsu. Jubei wondered how this man could have been best friends with his father.

Yagyu Ieyoshi, the old man of Yagyu valley and father of Yagyu Jubei, was quite the opposite of General Kisawa. He was always proper and proud. Always mannered and stern. He did have a hot temper but his word in the land of yagyu was law.

Now Jubei thought, I am the Lord, yet my father still treats me as if im his lazy son.

"Ah well, time to get up, dinner will be served soon. I should see how the others are doing."

Last edited by Yagyu; 07-24-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

Nazo sat on the top of his hut in the woods near the main kageha village, he sat there sharpening his kodachi, the subtle scratching sound against the stone was rather irritating to the ears of people who were not used to it, the oil seeped on the sides of the stone as the wind blew moving the trees along with it.

A moment of silence followed as Nazo stopped sharpening his kodachi, then spoke “What brings you here?
“My lord, the yagyu sent messengers, they speak of the attacks on the yagyu valley, and of a meeting to be held in a week’s time in the Koyagu castle” A shinobi dressed in black spoke from behind Nazo, on one knee with his head lowered.
I see, so the miyoshi finally lost their senses and went for mount kusagi? Very well then, ready my horse, tonight I ride to the yagyu village” Nazo said as he wiped the oil off his blade and sheathed it onto the backside of his waist, “it’s time for a reunion”.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM

NOTE

The Game table has now moved to the yagyu clan website. We will still be using the OOC here as well as the decks and links page.

But all in game posts will now need to be made here at the new site. To do so you will have to join the clan forum by applying as its a members only forum.

http://yagyu.webs.com/
Old 07-31-2010, 09:30 PM

Ha thought i was gonna give another weird mask huh lol.

Im posting this here even though its on the new site cuz the new site sucks for images. so here is the nice sharp image of the chapter 4 gift.

Also you need a minimum of 10 days of posts to put this card in your deck.

Yup we got a quota now because it aint fair to the ppl who are posting faithfully to have those who just think oh i posted once each chapter and so that entitles me to the reward.

and even if there arent any of those we want ya posting more if your not so get posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carrying Cloth Ch 3 copy.png
Views:	368
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	2966