Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Creativity corner

Creativity corner Share your creativity with the world, get some feedback, and so on.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Yama, and other stories as I finish them.

yeah, I don't think I have edited any of htese for error in grammer or such, I had final copies printed out and saved on another computer, but those got lost when it crashed.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM
The Savage Wolf

OK! My wife found the rest of the stories I had written, saved on her work computer of all places. Here are PLENTY more.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Cherished_Things.doc (27.0 KB, 372 views)
File Type: doc Yama's_Nightmare.doc (22.0 KB, 372 views)
File Type: doc Super_hero_story.doc (28.5 KB, 370 views)
File Type: doc Close_Combat.doc (23.5 KB, 423 views)
File Type: doc Yama_love.doc (26.5 KB, 410 views)

-Warning-

Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
The Savage Wolf

Ok, another one, based on my adventures in the Yagyu RP. I don't know if everyone can get on tehre, so I thought I would post it here too.
Attached Files
File Type: doc return of the black Katana.doc (54.0 KB, 394 views)

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM
The Savage Wolf

Newest story. An event from the history of my character in Ashi's RP on his site. Hope you enjoy.

Sala walked down the street, darting from shadow to shadow. She hoped she coudl get back to her home before any of the street thugs who walked the night caught sight of her. She coudl handle herself, but she was malnourished and tired. She hadn't been able to steal enoguh to eat this week, and the rain made her bed uncomfortable so she hadn't been sleeping well. Her 14th birthday had passed without event two days ago, and it had now been three months since she earned her freedom.

She shuddered, feeling eyes on her back, but she saw nothing when she looked around. At last she ducked into the alley that led to the place she had been sleeping lately. She hadn't been able to shake the feeling she was being watched, but she was too tired to stay out any longer. She started scrambling through the hole in the wall that gave her access to the abandoned warehouse when a hand grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her back outside. Sala screamed in terror and kicked out at her asailant, but she hit nothing. She spun around as she scrambled to her feet, but found the alley empty. Who had grabbed her?

A laugh echoed from above her, but the fire escape was empty when she looked for the source of the sound. She put her back to the wall, making sure she couldn't be surpised again.

"You smell soooo inviting." a voice said from beside her, and before she could react a cold hand was on her throat pinning her to the wall. "Mmmm. And the fear makes it so much better. Tell me little tart, why can I smell you from across the street? I usually can't smell a victim's blood from more than a few feet away."

Sala struggled vainly in his grasp. "What do you want?" she choked out.

Her attacker laughed again. "What do I want? I want YOU little one." and he reached back and backhanded her across the face, knocking her from her feet. Something in her snapped when he hit her, and she felt a flood of warmth flow through her that she had never felt before. Suddenly the world came alive to her senses, the smells, the sounds, even her sense of touch suddenly told her things she never thought she coudl know about her surroundings. Once her eyesight cleared from the force of the blow, she saw her attacker in a new light. He looked... cold. His back was to her and he was talking to himself, or to her, she coudln't tell. Like a bad comic book villain he was monologing in preperation of what he thought was his victory. The changes in Sala were continuing, the warmth spreading and intensifying. She felt her bones and joints pop and begin to reform, she held her hands up and saw the fingers elongating, claws coming from her finger tips. She climbed to her feet, her skin felt alive with motion, and she realized as she changed a fine layer of white fur was growing. She didn't know what was happening, but she did know that she was feeling all her fatigue wash away with the warmth.

Her attacker finally turned to look at her just as she felt teh changes stopping, and his mouth fell open at teh sight of her. He snarled and leaped at her, but even his amazing speed was not enough. She knocked him out of the air with a swipe of her new claws, scoring several deep cuts onhis body amd slamming him into the wall. Without thinking she leaped after him, and her new increased mass bore him to teh ground as he tried to recover from the daze his impact with the wall caused. Sala clawed and tore at him, but he threw her off like an adult tossing a pet cat away. They both stood and face off, her in a crouch, him nursing what looked to be a broken arm. "So, was this the plan all along sweet tart?" he asked mockingly. "Lure me in with your sweet sent and then kill me? I won't fall so easily. I'll let you live tonight, I wasn't prepared for one of your kind. Lucky for you I am too hungry to meet you at full strength." and with that he turned and ran away so fast he was barely a blur in even her new improved sight.

As the adrenaline wore off Sala realized she couldn't sleep here anymore. It was almost an unconsious act to change back to her normal form, but her ragged clothes were now non-existant after growing to such a size. She crawled into her hideout and grabbed what she could not live without, including a number of a Yakuza who had offered to shelter her if she needed it. He was a good man despite his mob connections, but he also knew of her training and wanted to use her talents for himself. Sala didn't think she would tell him of this new development in her talents when she accepted his offer of shelter.Hell, she didn't even know what to make of it herself. She promised herself that she would do some research on whatever it was she had done out there when she had the time.

'Well,' she noted to herself, 'at least the cold isn't bothering me so much now.'

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road

Surprisingly good, I was hella bored while I started to read this thinking "omg fanfiction durrrr", but I am glad I can say I was wrong

Really well written story, sure some typos, but the overall was great and you painted the picture of the happenings really well.

There is gonna be a continue, right?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 PM
The Savage Wolf

Yes, there should be several short storeis about her, She is my character In Ashi's online RPG, and I am filling in importand events in her backgound with short stories. Some will be more fun than others.. but I like the character overall.

I assume you were speakingof the last posting.. Have you read the rest of them? you know, the entire first 3/4 of the thread? lol many differnet stories here. I am very eclectic in my writings. I try to take what I can from Jim Butcher, my favorite author currently. Anyone else a fan of "the Dresden Files?"

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road

Yea I noticed the other stories aswell and trying to find the courage to get over my stereotypes and read them aswell, but aren't Dresden files like a.... umm a cheap copy of x-files?
I've only seen like half episode of dresden files and that was the impression I got, sorry ^^'
Old 07-20-2010, 11:58 PM
The Savage Wolf

The TV series was a poor copy. The books are tons better. A Wizard in modern day who moonlights as a PI to make money. All the things that myth and legend talk about exist, but not quite in the way we think. Most of the storys have nothing to do with his PI job, and everythign to do with his history and this or that event inthe supernatural world. I strongly reccomend if you are interested in trying them out, Read this:
Restoration of Faith
It is a prequel to the first book in the series.

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
The Savage Wolf

ok, another Superhero one. More or less. Kinda the beginnings of the story for one I made up in Heros Unlimited. (Palladium RPG system) It is a bit incomplete. I woudl say overall one of my poorer works, but I had to get it down when it was coming out of my head.

"Damn it!" he said as his pick broke. This lock was nothing to sneeze at. He drew another tool from his pouch and took a deep breath to steady himself. After everyone else had given up and left, he endured. This dig site had taken forever to provide anything that his colleagues would have been interested in, and their funding had been pulled a week ago. That is when everyone else had left; when he had found out he was jobless and homeless. Every last cent in his accounts had been pulled so he could keep working alone here, and finally he had gotten to this door. Admittedly he had broken most of the rules of archaeology to find it, but it was a find an a half. He had used sonic imagery to try and see how the locking mechanism worked and his equipment had overloaded. He tried an old X-ray machine he had bought with the last of his money, and while it worked on other parts of the ruins, he only got blank images here. He had finally taken the time to try and decipher the glyphs on the walls around the door, but had met with additional frustration. They were not like anything else in the ruins. From what he could tell they were a combination of dead languages, and a few images that matched nothing he had ever even heard of. Piecing together the bits and pieces he could translate, it looked like a greeting to some holy personage. That right there made him certain that whatever was hidden behind that door would be valuable. He had buyers lined up to pay ten times what he could get from the museums, enough money to fund plenty of digs here and maybe eventually find out what the reason for the strange combination of languages outside this door.
So he had ended up having to go low tech on the door. He had tried blowing it, but three sticks of dynamite hadn't even scratched the door. That had really confused him. How could simple stone be that resistant to damage? Now he was down to simple picks and tools to try and manually open a surprisingly complex lock dating back to the earliest civilizations on record.
Click. He had finally gotten the third tumbler to drop. Only one more to go. He glanced at his watch and was surprised to see he had been working on that one for nearly an hour, at this rate he wouldn't get any sleep tonight. He swore to himself. He would see this door open and prove that he wasn't a failure. The museums may not benefit from his efforts, but his bank account would be much happier after this door opened. He took another breath to steady himself and got back to work.

"He is almost through. Shall I slay him?" the voice interrupted his meditations.
"No, it is time I passed on the mantle, and despite his fixation on revenge his soul is pure. I very much doubt he would follow through on the path he has planned."
"He is impure, and unbeliever and a grave robber!" the voice insisted
"Was I much different? Were any who have held this position as pure as they seemed?"
There was a pause. "You are right of course. But he MUST be tested. I claim the right to do so."
"Very well, but first I will greet him and explain what he has found. He deserves that much at least."

FINALLY! The last tumbler clicked into place and the lock turned. He stood up and stretched his cramped muscles. With an almost giddy anticipation he put his shoulder to the door and gave it a heave, but instead of millennia old hinges and thousands of pounds of stone door using the laws of inertia to foil his efforts he fell flat on his face as the door silently and easily swung open. He slowly raised his head and was rather shocked to see an armored boot step down right in front of his face.
"Get up impure one." a metallic voice, like it was coming from deep within a metal tube, said above him. A strong hand grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and lifted him like a puppy to his feet, then dragged him forward and all but threw him back down to his knees in front of a set of stairs. It all happened so quickly that he barely had a chance to see anything around him, much less his accoster.
"Peace Guardian." a gentle but powerful voice came from atop the short set of stairs. He looked up and saw standing atop about four steps was a fully armored warrior, all but glowing with power. "I welcome you to my sanctuary. You have met the Guardian of the Sanctuary. I am known only as The Paladin. I know we are not what you expected, but since you have found us you have placed us in a bit of a predicament. But we will talk of that later. Tell me, what is your name?"
"Stu... Stuart." the man stuttered.
The Paladin nodded, his expression hidden behind the armored helmet that he wore. "Stuart, you have fulfilled one of the requirements of becoming a Paladin. You have found us. Sadly we are not what we once were. Let me tell you of our glory and downfall.
"Once there were ten of us. Our leader, the Justicar, was a being of pure law and order, a beacon for all that was good in the world. Next, there were three Holy Bastions, warriors of faith and steel who's mere presence on a battlefield could ensure a victory. Finally there were the six Paladins, the foot soldiers in the battle against evil waged every day. In addition to these ten there were the Immortal Guardians of the Blades, one for each of us. The Guardians existence was tied to the Blades of Power from which each Paladin gained his abilities. The origins of the blades are lost to time, but their power was undeniable.
"The Paladins themselves served for a time, and passed their blades on to a worthy successor, either through choice or death. The duty of the Guardians was to collect the Blade of a fallen Paladin and return it here, to the sanctuary, for a successor to be chosen. Then they would test that successor to determine his or her worthiness for the position of a Paladin. Hopefuls would search for entrances to the Sanctuary around the world. The magic of the Sanctuary of the Paladins allowed it to exist in all places at once. A doorway that gave entrance to the Sanctuary once may never again open upon our halls. This system worked for millennia, until suddenly a Guardian failed to return from retrieving a Blade. Few were powerful enough to defeat a guardian, for even if one were to fall they would be reborn here in the sanctuary. Then the full force of the Paladins would be brought to bear to return the Blade to its rightful place.
"When the Guardian failed to return, and was not reborn, it shook our society to its foundations. What could be powerful enough to completely destroy a guardian, or even hold it against its will? None could answer those questions. It was the first time ever that something like that had happened, and the first time we were at less than full strength. The missing Blade was that of the Paladin of Compassion, not the most powerful of our brethren, but still a force to be reckoned with. But that was not the end of our troubles. Less than a year later the Bastion of the Cross did not return from a mission and the Guardian of the Cross was unable to be found. Things quickly got worse from there. The Paladin of Valor was slain by his own Guardian, who claimed the Paladin had been corrupted by an outside force, and that the Blade of Valor had to be cleansed from the taint. One after the other all of the Paladins of the Blades and their guardians disappeared, save myself and the Justicar.
"When it was just the two of us and our guardians, The Justicar came to me. He said he had found out why the Blades had been disappearing. It had been a corruption within our ranks; we had been betrayed by someone we trusted. He went on to say that it was only a matter of time until something like that had happened. He said that the corruption had spread throughout the entirety of the Paladins, that even though I had not shown any symptoms I was corrupted too. Then he apologized for what he would have to do next. He said that the only way to cleanse the corruption was to take all of the Blades' of Power and combine their energy into a single source under his control. He said it was the only way he could truly be the Justicar for eternity, and fulfill his destiny. He had been the one causing the Blades to disappear. He had been the one corrupted. But he could not complete the destruction of the Blades to steal their power until he had all of them. His power was unmatched, but I could see the madness in his eyes. I stood before my leader, whom I had sworn to follow and defend as long as I had a Blade in my hand, and defied him.
"The battle was long, and the only reason I could find that I actually survived was that once his corruption was known, the Sanctuary itself defied him. Justice was on my side. I could not defeat him, but I was able to drive him off. The Guardians would not interfere, mine because its power was only linked to my Blade, his because it had been corrupted along with him. I have guarded the Sanctuary ever since, to prevent him from gaining entry and taking control of the powers that exist here. I have found no trace of any of the Blades, and assume either the Justicar keeps them with him, or they have been lost to the world.
"Now we come to the present, where you have found your way into the Sanctuary. It is long past the time when I should have passed my Blade on to another, and I have grown weary of the constant vigilance. The Sanctuary has made it known to me that you are an acceptable replacement; you need only complete the test of the Guardian. The predicament I mentioned when I first began to speak to you is this; you cannot leave here as you are. None who enter the Sanctuary are allowed to leave without either becoming a Paladin, or sacrificing their life to keep the secret safe."
Stuart stared at the Paladin, shock on his face. "But I didn't come here knowing what it was. I was researching the site! Trying to discover what I could of the history here for mankind! You can't kill me for that!"
The Guardian stepped forward and thrust a blade into the ground at Stewart's feet. "The time of the Trial has come. Defend yourself or die. I hope you simply let me kill you, I don't think you are worthy of the Blade. Sniveling coward that you are." and the guardian stepped back and drew a second blade out of thin air, preparing to strike.
Stewart grabbed at the blade in front of him like a starving man at food. He swung it around clumsily in an attempt to defend himself. The Guardian struck the weapon from his hand with a practiced ease. "As I thought, worthless." he looked at the Paladin. "This one isn't even worthy of hearing your story, much less taking over your mantle."
Stewart's face grew red at the insult, and he snatched the blade from the ground in a fury. "Stop it! I am NOT WORTHLESS!" he screamed at the Guardian. He launched a series of horribly clumsy attacks at the guardian, all of which were easily deflected.
"At least he doesn't give up easily." the Paladin said from his position watching the encounter.
Stewart continued to attack, but the Guardian defeated each attack with barely an effort. "You are nothing but a grave robber." the Guardian said condescendingly to Stewart. "You care nothing for what you take, only that it lines your pockets and increases your standing.”
Stewart Grew angrier with each comment, attacking with renewed fury each time. "YES! I admit it; I just wanted to sell something so I could keep working! Is that so wrong?" he suddenly dropped the blade and began crying. "I didn't want to be a failure. I put so much into this dig site, everything I had, and lost it all. I knew there was something here that could change my life, just knew it! What justice is there in me giving everything I have to science, to the betterment of my people, and losing it all because the people who funded me thought there was no money in what I was doing? The only justice they see is the size of their bank accounts, why shouldn’t I do the same? They have all the money and no one can tell them what to do. There is no justice left in the world for those who don't have the money to do it for themselves."
The Paladin raised his hand to stop the Guardian. "He has passed, he seeks justice, and that is what I give." The Paladin walked over to Stewart and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I will give you what you want. The Power of Justice. But know this; I don't give you this as a reward. I give it to you as Penance for the crimes you have committed. Your intentions are good, but the ends do NOT justify the means." He drew his sword and handed it over to the shocked man. "You are now the Paladin of Justice. Each of us has different abilities, but always will you be able to know the Just path. I will stay here in the sanctuary to teach you, as there are no other Paladins left to help you learn."

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME