Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Creativity corner

Creativity corner Share your creativity with the world, get some feedback, and so on.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle
Default What is the Best Business Model for an MMO?

If anyone is interested, and since it kinda applies to you guys (), I just had my first article published by Suite101!

It's titled "What is the Best Business Model for an MMO?" and can be seen here: http://internet-games.suite101.com/a...model_for_mmos

Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 10:54 AM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What is the Best Business Model for an MMO?

Nice piece. Gratz!

Critically: It seems a little disjointed in places - talking about and referencing disadvantages in an 'advantage paragraph.' Also, you repeated yourself a few times.

Constructively critical: It's a good start. There is a lot of info that could be added to really make this a serious piece. Go into more detail, list more examples of current games' histories - why does WoW succeed as a P2P? Why did (e.g.) FungWanOnline/Stormriders fail? Maybe get it published ($$) in a gaming magazine?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle
Default Re: What is the Best Business Model for an MMO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunWuKong View Post
Nice piece. Gratz!

Critically: It seems a little disjointed in places - talking about and referencing disadvantages in an 'advantage paragraph.' Also, you repeated yourself a few times.

Constructively critical: It's a good start. There is a lot of info that could be added to really make this a serious piece. Go into more detail, list more examples of current games' histories - why does WoW succeed as a P2P? Why did (e.g.) FungWanOnline/Stormriders fail? Maybe get it published ($$) in a gaming magazine?
I blame my editor for the disjointment there. He didn't like the way I had originally organized the article, and also had me add in introductions and summaries. This also caused the repeating, though I only repeat critical information, so I don't mind that.

The maximum article length is around 800 words, but I do plan to go into more specific articles like you mentioned. When you link articles like that, it will improve the articles SEO and also get more Page Views to the other articles

Thanks for looking at it.