Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Et Cetera

Et Cetera A forum for useless conversations, testing signatures, and flame wars.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Philosophus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philosophus Send a message via Skype™ to Philosophus
Default Mortal Online

Mortal online trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCNj1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMv6Ip04pA

for more search and look around on youtube, there is plenty!

I`m just curious how many minds in here are playing this in await-ens for other games and or Tatsu.
Anyhow if you are interested and or are playing i wish to extend my hand and ask if you are unguilded to consider joining me in great fights to come.
Ie Joining my guild in that game
IF so feel free to jump into our Ts3 server or skype to chat with me
-

Not to be a fanboy, i do know this game has its issues and is incomplete in its current state.
but to clear a few things, currently they are working on the desynch/lag issues amongst others and there will be a New game server.
Current graphics are due to low textures for beta purposes, so please dont let it discourage bonding and testing, lets test it together.

Skype Info: birdness ( tell me who you are)
Ts3 info: fishing.servebeer.com - 9987

Apologies if it became a bit recruitment like, by all means feel free to discuss the game itself in here.
I am Honestly curiours as to what people think

Shinobi or Samurai, that is the question?,
Good or evil that's in the eye of the beholder
Which fate brings me to conclusions?

Last edited by Philosophus; 04-02-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Ninjitsu Master

zeus3715 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mortal Online

After having played MO for a long while, it's come to the point as if it releases
( there have already been multiple delays) im going to end up waiting 3-6 months to see how the game is.

Good idea on concept but their coders just cant seem to pull it off.
They have released multiple (6+) fixes for a single error, and each time they state that they think they got it everything gets worse.

Its a game based on the player economy, and states how you can build a town, castle and all sorts of buildings for your town.

However, if you do that, its all useless.
Houses at the time(2 weeks ago is when I last played) were completely un-self sufficient. Meaning you wouldn't be able to craft, sell or even create an economy in the town.

Now, MO has come a long way. Im not exactly saying its a bad game, im saying that they just have a lot of work and changes they need to make for it to interest me.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM

Shinobikaito is on a distinguished road

I have played it recently.

I am gonna wait a while, but I think a lot of people take the game for granted.

"I have a reputation for speed." ~Hozoin In'ei
Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

I played it for a few days, and was very frustrated. First off, finding anything was a pain in the backside, took me an hour to figure out where each of the shops were. Next, first time I died, I couldn't seem to figure out where the "closest" priest was to rez, so I got to the edge of the starting town for me and then hit the "rez at neartes preist" thingy, and suddenly found myself on the other side of the mountains. Needless to say I was killed by another player mere moments after ressrecting. Had to start a new character.

New character. I couldn't collect any resources to try crafting. Silly me I picked skills that might help me later in the game and found out I didn't have any gathering skills.

New character. Killed stuff fine, started crafting. Realized when I crafted that my 5 pounds/units of wood per bow I crafted made a 12 pound/unit bow, so I quickly overburdened myself trying to up the crafting skills. Then I find they are worthless, not even 1 copper in value to sell, so crafting is simply a grindfest to up another skill. and the crafting didn't make a ton of sense to me. It was WAY to involved at the outset.to make a bow I had to choose several options, most of which I couldn't even use, and I was making the simplest bow I could. then I tried using the bow. The arrows kept getting stuck in the air and even point blank was impossible to hit.

Next day. I found that people had realized that killing other players was allowed as long as you were out of town, the entire area was filled with player battles, and anyone who left town to try and do anything was mobbed by 1-4 PKers. I died before I knew what was going on. After 2 or 3 days of being stuck in town only to try and sneak out at night and dieing anyways to PKers, I gave up.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3715 View Post
After having played MO for a long while, it's come to the point as if it releases
( there have already been multiple delays) im going to end up waiting 3-6 months to see how the game is.

Good idea on concept but their coders just cant seem to pull it off.
They have released multiple (6+) fixes for a single error, and each time they state that they think they got it everything gets worse.

Its a game based on the player economy, and states how you can build a town, castle and all sorts of buildings for your town.

However, if you do that, its all useless.
Houses at the time(2 weeks ago is when I last played) were completely un-self sufficient. Meaning you wouldn't be able to craft, sell or even create an economy in the town.

Now, MO has come a long way. Im not exactly saying its a bad game, im saying that they just have a lot of work and changes they need to make for it to interest me.
Not to defend, but i assume i dont have to say its a beta.
the self sufficient things you are looking for i grant dont exist atm, but if someone has like 3-8 houses places over strategic areas, one can be pretty self reliant as a group. The Self sufficient part i think are not meant to be in the way you look at it.
To add its all about knowing where to go, you know about the orks and what they drop?

As for content one can assume they are withholding such to test properly and make the game feel new once it releases, that statement i base on how the devs approach things and have said they wish every patch to feel like the game is new.

To add they are pulling Epic games in to help them deal with the desynch issues, also speedtree 5.1 is coming so they are currently converting files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobikaito View Post
I have played it recently.

I am gonna wait a while, but I think a lot of people take the game for granted.
I agree, allot dont give it enough credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svage View Post
I played it for a few days, and was very frustrated. First off, finding anything was a pain in the backside, took me an hour to figure out where each of the shops were. Next, first time I died, I couldn't seem to figure out where the "closest" priest was to rez, so I got to the edge of the starting town for me and then hit the "rez at neartes preist" thingy, and suddenly found myself on the other side of the mountains. Needless to say I was killed by another player mere moments after ressrecting. Had to start a new character.

New character. I couldn't collect any resources to try crafting. Silly me I picked skills that might help me later in the game and found out I didn't have any gathering skills.

New character. Killed stuff fine, started crafting. Realized when I crafted that my 5 pounds/units of wood per bow I crafted made a 12 pound/unit bow, so I quickly overburdened myself trying to up the crafting skills. Then I find they are worthless, not even 1 copper in value to sell, so crafting is simply a grindfest to up another skill. and the crafting didn't make a ton of sense to me. It was WAY to involved at the outset.to make a bow I had to choose several options, most of which I couldn't even use, and I was making the simplest bow I could. then I tried using the bow. The arrows kept getting stuck in the air and even point blank was impossible to hit.

Next day. I found that people had realized that killing other players was allowed as long as you were out of town, the entire area was filled with player battles, and anyone who left town to try and do anything was mobbed by 1-4 PKers. I died before I knew what was going on. After 2 or 3 days of being stuck in town only to try and sneak out at night and dieing anyways to PKers, I gave up.
That`s quite the story, looks like you were plain unlucky there dude.I assure you with a group of friendly faces the story would have changed dramatically.
Btw how long ago was this`?

--------

If you guys wish to look aside from the issues and still play/ test i am in dire need of proper company to do anything sensibly right now.
On the other hand i know where all the resources and good spots are, know location of every town. Got Ties to the most feared/ hated guild. So all i need is a few friendly faces to play with and get the "branch/ chapter" of mo going.
I`m pretty sure if you give it a go and we play together the outcome will change, you will enjoy the gaming time much more so. Imho- In my humble opinion

Last edited by Philosophus; 03-31-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Ts Info edited in

Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Ninjitsu Master

otomotopia is on a distinguished road

I was a member of Myrmadon, and I quit the game because it was just too bad of a community. Everyone didn't know what they were doing besides the guilds, so theives and greifers were all over the place. It was just so bad.

20/09/2009 19:07 <Suchiko> Oto is our love child o.o
Old 04-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle

I'd try the game, but I don't appreciate that you have to pay to get into beta, and then once release comes along there's a monthly fee ontop of it.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:40 AM

Murata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilArcelle View Post
I'd try the game, but I don't appreciate that you have to pay to get into beta, and then once release comes along there's a monthly fee ontop of it.
There is an open beta at the moment, it's free to play until release.

Have been following MO for quite some time, looks to be a good game. Definitely a change from the typical MMO's.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 PM

For any of you, Fabernum is the place we hang out, seek out either Pheelin,klor, or phailore. Thats me