Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > News > Announcements

Announcements An area for announcements, for Eyes Out Entertainment and Tatsumaki: Land at War.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default The clicking of ads

I have noticed an odd trend on the forums lately. It seems that a lot of you are clicking ads on a regular basis - while I appreciate this, it is against the google adsense terms of service. I am not by any means discouraging you from clicking the ads - if you see an ad for something you like, and you feel the urge to click it, by all means do so. However if you are clicking ads merely to support Tatsumaki, while I appreciate the gesture, I would prefer you not to do so.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn
Default Re: The clicking of ads

Sykoi makes a good point, and unfortunately, he's the one who will be reprimanded if this continues.

I for one, click ads that interest me, which I can't say is terribly often
Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
Sykoi makes a good point, and unfortunately, he's the one who will be reprimanded if this continues.

I for one, click ads that interest me, which I can't say is terribly often
I might be partially the reason for a spike in ad clicking >> I keep seeing ads for swords and different Chinese MMOs, both of which I'm interested. One of them had Kunai! I <3 pretty knives.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 AM

Philosophus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philosophus Send a message via Skype™ to Philosophus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilArcelle View Post
I might be partially the reason for a spike in ad clicking >> I keep seeing ads for swords and different Chinese MMOs, both of which I'm interested. One of them had Kunai! I <3 pretty knives.

"raises hand" Guilty as charged, do the same thing, and if i lost the link or forgot the name, i know they pop up here so, self explainatory
sorry if this has caused trouble, but you do deserve the support tho, however how secretive you guys are

Shinobi or Samurai, that is the question?,
Good or evil that's in the eye of the beholder
Which fate brings me to conclusions?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

i used to click adds, but not to soley to support T:LaW, i didnt even know that it mattered if i clicked the add or not, i used to just click the ones i liked, except for travian... i hate that game, sometimes i'd click an mmo add, or a webcomic, but that's it, never done it on purpose, i stopped clicking adds too much lately actually.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

It's not an issue if you're actually interested in the ads you're clicking, I'm just worried that someone may be clicking the ads on every page for the sake of clicking ads.
Like I said, if you're interested in what's being advertised by all means do what you'd normally do.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:13 PM

Ashikaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ashikaga

I don't understand. Noobishness shines through again. How does clicking on ads help T:LaW?
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Ninjitsu Master

CecilArcelle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CecilArcelle Send a message via Yahoo to CecilArcelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
I don't understand. Noobishness shines through again. How does clicking on ads help T:LaW?
From what I understand, they use google ads. This means that every time someone clicks on the ads (per unique IP per day), that they get paid an amount of money.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilArcelle View Post
From what I understand, they use google ads. This means that every time someone clicks on the ads (per unique IP per day), that they get paid an amount of money.
Basically, yes. However it doesn't matter how many times a single person clicks, each click counts and pays money. If there are too many clicks from a single IP, or too many clicks per number of visitors per day (Such as 100 clicks from 800 visitors... That's unrealistic) - they look into it and may ban the account without warning.
Like I said, there won't be an issue if you're honestly interested in the products being advertised - but there may be if you aren't, and are just trying to help us.