Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > Role-playing

Role-playing Post stories, character descriptions, or role-play as your character here.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road
Default NEW Yagyu RPG Rules

The new Rpg / ccg is coming soon, this is different from the other card game im workin on though im using the same templates.

This will be a reboot to the game we are all playing. It will continue the story but be a fresh new start for many of us. Dont worry those who worked hard will still get some good bonuses.

As you can see we got a buncha items cards finished. The main way this will work is by cards rather then Character sheets with lots of Confusing Text. I will have the new rules up soon. Depending on you players we can start this as early as next chapter or finish out the story arc in odawara and then do this after.

WHY A NEW GAME?

Well alot of ppl like to complain about the old one, and that makes alot of hard work for myself and the gms. This will minimize confusion, hard work, and heck it looks cool.
Im excited as heck for the game. And i hope you are as well. Most of the people ive spoken to like the idea. This will be much easier to play and less confusing. Faster and more fun.
We will still be roll playing dont worry, that remains the same, but now its the first RPG CCG.

Any questions ask in Yagyu RPG area for the old game in the debate chamber. Ill answer what i can there. Dont post here cuz this will be edited for rules.

So Heres a small preview of a basic player card and a more filled in player card.

NOTE these arent the final versions just test stats.

The way the player card works is , this is your character sheet. More condensed, as you gain xp points u buy new stat points. The red is lConstitution, the Green is Attack, the Blue is Defense.
There will be a Level up area where u buy the stats with the xp points. Then i add it to your card image and send u the new card and u replace the old image with the new one on your character Thread.

We will still be using odds. But the other cool thing is now, well have actual cards with the npcs as well so you can see what your fighting against.

Enjoy, ill try and work on another 100 or so cards soon lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yagyu Mitsurai copy.png
Views:	246
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	1321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inei player card copy.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Suchiko copy.png
Views:	260
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	1323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ishimaru Kazuki copy.png
Views:	248
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	1324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yagyu Jubei copy.png
Views:	254
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	1326  

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 02:06 AM

Default Re: NEW Yagyu RPG Rules

How xp and Ryo (money) is awarded.

Simple kill an npc and get the xp their card is worth and the cash it says.

at the end of a chapter bonus xp and cash may be provided.

Then of course there are live quests u can still do to make some extra. But instead of item rewards the way we have been doing it, i may have a special item or card given to everyone who completes a solo or a grp.

Npc cards will state how much xp they are worth.

Each chapter a player will receive 25 xp.

Last edited by Yagyu; 04-20-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 PM

IMPORTANT: Ryo LIMIT
Remember that without a coin purse you can only hold up to 100 Ryo in your inventory
Old 03-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Item Shop restrictions.

There are some restrictions for certain classes and professions.

ninja cannot wear armor, but they have their own special ninja items that represent armor for them.

Monks have special items that only they or a ninja in disguise may use.

Samurai and peasants have access to most items.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 PM

Combat rules

Ok time to get serious,

in case u dont know the game has begun.

So from this point on stay on topic of rpg game play here in the ooc.

here is who is facing who, i rolled to see who would face what.
Ashikaga= 1 Ashigaru
Zekeen= 1 Samurai
Yama= 1 Ashigaru
Kado= 1 Samurai
Ken'ichi= 1 Ashigaru
Moto= 1 Ashigaru
Inei= 1 Ashigaru
Jubei= 1 Samurai (either zek or moto will roll for me)

Everyone needs to post their attacks by tomorow or you will lose a chance for initiative (first attack)

How to battle?
First u will tell me the following info in full format

Rolling Odds(a roll of 1d6) + spd # (your base spd rating)+#(any bonuses)
If successful then u get the first attack round.
yu now say
rolling
att # (the green bead) + # bonus + any tactics or stances u can use in that round. so lets say we used focused strike which gives us +1 att and cost 2 stam

we all have a base of 5 stam per round. using your weapon cost stam each round, lets say u have a unsigned katana, this costs us 1 stam to use so you put

stam 3/5 (1 from the katana 2 from the tactic)
Then include dmg

dmg + (your weapon base) + bonus from weapon (NOTE u dont get odds on dmg)

IF YOU FAIL THE SPD ROLL
your going on the def, so you wanna include your def format

Roll def# (your blue bead) + odds +bonuses + defense tactics

So a full format roll would look like this (the numbers will obviously be different for u when u add totals.)

rolling
spd 1 + odds + 3 from item (name item)
if successful rolling
att 2 +odds + 1 from katana + 1att from focused strike tactics
dmg 1 + 2 from katana
Stam 3/5 used (alwaysa good idea to include whats using what )
if fail
def 2 + odds +1 from hat

Simple enough, especailly if u played the old Yagyu rpg.

so everyone be sure to make your rolls by tomorrow night, pacific time.

Ok lets start killing the invaders

BELOW u can view the stats of your npc enemies.

aLSO you get 1xp everyday u post and a 25 Ryo bonus if u post every day and i mean EVERYDAY for the entire chapter. We will be reviewing

ALSO EVERY PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST IN PAST TENSE WHEN NARRATING YOUR CHARACTER

Also a note to anyone just in case they werent sure. All stances thus far cost 5 stam, this is the only case in which u dont need to add the weapon stam when entering the stance as u arent using the weapon to hit or block. So if u enter a stance it cost u 5 stam and 5 stam only.

Fighting Multiple Enemies

oh b4 i forget the way the multi fighting works when u r facing more then 1 enemy is simple, in this case theres no init roll since your already into turns. So for zek whos on his att round he attacks one of them the one he attacks is on his def round the one he doesnt is on his att round. See simple when its 2 npc enemies one will always be on def one on att.
u only have your base stam to use during the round but what i will do it allow a +1 stam for each opponent u face extra only so long as those opponents r still there. So in this case

example of multi fighting
sav has 5 stam, his weaon cost is 3
he makes a base att
but to defend he normally wouldnt be able to cuz his weapons to heavy
but in this case hes allowed a +1 stam to face the extra enemy so he now has his 3 stam
he can make a basic defense

NOTE ON DUELS

a duel is a skirmish between u and one or more npc. Normally its just u and one npc, and if u beat em and start fighting a new npc then that is a separate new duel but if u get ganged up on then it stays the same duel.

Weapon Atttatchements

Any weapon may only have 1 weapon attachments unless otherwise specified. There will be more coming later but right now swords are the most common weapon that will have attachments. I will do my best to get other weapon classes later.

Last edited by Yagyu; 03-31-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM

New Merits system.

Instead of burning your precious experience on vanity purchases such as title or naming your weapon, i am now using a merit system. How do u get the merits?

Simple
Complete a live action Xfire solo Quest = 1 merit
Complete a live action xfire group Quest = 2 merits
Complete a forum chapter = 3 merits

Use merits to buy titles, change your avatar or even buy special items and tactics only found in the future up and coming merit store.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:22 AM

NEW ROLLING FORMAT

so IE like this
Round 1 or R1 Init (initiative) roll
spd x + x bonus from item, + x for tactic, + odds = spd X +odds

Att rounds
att X + tactic bonuses,+odds = att X+ odds

Def Rounds
Def X + tactic bonus + odds = def X + odds

Say you wanna use a weapon break tactic you would write it as such

Round X
replace att, using unlucky break
Weapon break X from tactic + x item bonus +odds = X +odds

If you wanna keep tryin it till the weapon is broke state such, or state attempt first 2 att rounds then switch to attack.

Basicly this mimics the full format we used in the old game. It is the answer to the problem of spending DAYS rolling rounds. This way myself or the person who is assigned to rolls this chapter can easily make the appropriate rolls in one sitting and then post.

Also state that if you want help with your npc
IE
If i take X amount of wounds i want anyone clear on the next round to help me pls.

The Gm will then see who has cleared their npcs and assign someone who has said the following
IE
Ready to help!

See simple.

The only way this works however is if everyone posts thier combat rounds the day they are supposed to. I will give 1-2 days for combat to be posted but if you do not post then you will take a wound and forfiet your npc to someone who clears and states they are ready to help

If no one states they are willing to help, then the extra npc will KO the person. so be sure to state your willing to help to prevent yur team mates from fallin.

This heps because sometimes i know stuff comes up, so youll stll incite a small penalty but as long as someone gets your back, if no one is helping then your screwed, blame the team not me lol

I think this revision will work extremely well. Now we can fight more npcs get more xp and have more time for actual rp.

So everyone begin posting your macros

like i said be sure to put them on your sheets, much easier for you to just cut and paste.

Jubei Combat rolls

Use shuriken for 2 stam auto hit 1 dmg. Spd: 4+odds

Initiative round Double attack macro
Att 5+odds = 3 stam then Att 5+odds =6 stam used Dmg =3 (note my total stam now is 8 used, the shuriken cost 2

Normal Double Attack Macro
Att 5+odds = 3 stam then Att 5+odds =6 stam used Dmg =3

Defense While in Wheel stance macro
Def 4 + 1 wheel stance + 1 basic block stam use 5 total def 6+odds

Each def round heal 1 only if i take dmg.

If i am down to 2 life i will accept help

I am willing to help anyone in need

you will notice how i color coded my attacks and def properly. That will help alot for the gm so be sure to color code your att and def macros.

lets try this and see how well it works.

Cec you are still gm roller this chapt. I will roll for you when i see your rolls.

What is a Macro?
Any mmo or pc gamer should know this, but its basicly a quick set code or command that chains your moves together for ease. So in our case its having your rolls in an orginized easy cut and paste format.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 PM

Stam attack limit

the amount of attacks you can make on any round is 2 regardless of your stam, unless you have a specific tactic which allows more then 2 attacks on a round.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 PM

smithing Rules

A player must have the smithing profession ability in order to smith or repair weapons or armor. The Player will either buy or receive from npc drops, weapon components, which when combination's are assembled and smithed, can create new custom made weapons with unique stats.

Weapon Combination's and requirements.
Following are all tier 1 items
Swords and knives
Katana: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira. (optional 1 toad oil)
Wakazashi: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira. (optional 1 toad oil)
Nodachi: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira. (optional 1 toad oil)
Kodachi: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira. (optional 1 toad oil)
Tanto: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira. (optional 1 toad oil)
Odachi: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira, 1 toad oil.
Kaiken: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira, 1 toad oil.
Ninjato: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira, 1 toad oil.
Dotanuki: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira, 1 toad oil.
Zanbato: 1 blade, 1 tsuka, 1 tsuba, 1 kashira, 1 toad oil.

Spears
Bow Staff: 1 Nakae, 1 Ichuzuki, 1 Wood Lacquer.
Spear: 1 spear tip, 1 Nakae, 1 Ichuzuki, ( Optional 1 Wood Lacquer and or toad oil)
Yari: 1 spear tip, 1 Nakae, 1 Ichuzuki, ( Optional 1 Wood Lacquer and or toad oil.)
Pike: 1 spear tip, 1 Nakae, 1 Ichuzuki, ( Optional 1 Wood Lacquer and or toad oil.)
Halberd: 1 spear tip, 1 Nakae, 1 Ichuzuki, ( Optional 1 Wood Lacquer and or toad oil.)

Other
Sai: 1 Bucket of Iron Ingots, (optional 1 dried toad oil)
Jitte: 1 Bucket of Iron Ingots, (optional 1 dried toad oil)
Hatchet: 1 Bucket of Iron Ingots, (optional 1 dried toad oil)
Kakute ring: 1 Bucket of Iron Ingots.
Tetsubo: 1 cedar tree wood, (Optional 1 Wood Lacquer)
Tonfa: 1 cedar tree wood, (Optional 1 Wood Lacquer)

Armor
Tatami Mat Armor: String, Tatami, Iron Bars, Paint, (Optional Etching Tool)
Yoroi Armor: String, Tatami, Iron Bars, Paint (Optional Etching Tool)
Kabuto: String, Tatami, Iron bars, Paint (Optional etching Tool)
Mempo: Iron Bars, Paint, etching Tool.
Sode: Tatami, String, Paint, (Optional, Etching Tool.)

The kakute ring is the only weapon without an optional component due to its rarity and limited use as one must be very skilled to use effectively especially against weapons like a tetsubo or a nodachi.

The smith once he has or is given al the components then contacts a gm via xfire or pm or email, or even ooc, however u guys wanna do that is fine with me. The gm then makes the rolls for each component and informs the smith what the results are, the smith if he is a novice level or higher may then manipulate the dice results to achieve the desired stat if possible. Even masters some times have an unlucky piece of metal that just wont cooperate.

The margin for error is 2 out of 7.

Example
Lets say the smith player wants to make a katana. he wants each piece to be custom smithed for Break resistance which is #6 on the card.

He informs the gm of all the components he wants to try and in what order to try them.
The first piece he attempts to forge is the blade.

The gm rolls and the result is 1 which is +1 life, lets say the player is a master, he has the ability to manipulate the dice roll with his mastery skill, but the mastery skill only lets him either add or subtract 4 to the result. from 1 +4 that brings him to 5. Just 1 short of 6 which according to the blade was what he needed for his Break resistance.

The gm informs him of this after all rolls are made, and the player can either keep the 1 or tell the gm wha stat hes going to take within that 5 range. Lets say the player wanted att rather ten life. So he tells the gm ok i added 2 to my roll for a +1 att to my sword.

He would tell the gm this of course AFTER the gm made all the rolls and told him the results, we dont need massive back and forth posts, 2 or 3 max is plenty.

Next he wants to smith his hilt, the tsuka.

Gm rolls and the result is a 7.

The player when he sees the result decides to subtract 1 from the result giving him a 6 now. He got his break resistance.

Now he rolls for the Tsuba. He rolls a 4 perfect he can manipulate it however he wishes.

2 -6 are the perfect numbers when you are a smith master, by having any of those on your result allows you to manipulate the result however u desire.

1 and 7 are bad numbers to land on when u r a master unless what u want is within the +4 range.

See the level zone for the bonuses each level brings you.

And before Shino, undead or chimi starts thinking of exploits, no the levels dont add up the ranges. It is simple at novice u can add or subtract 1, at journyman u can add or subtract a total of 2, not 2 from journyman and 1 from novice. Got it lol

So once the player and gm have finished rolls and manipulations, the weapon is ready, now it just needs to "cool".

Cool:
This means the gm takes the final stats and pms me with the "Order", I then take the stats and make update a greenback custom weapon, with the smiths name in the lore text, and a weapon name if the smith desired one

NOTE
If the smith names the weapon it cost him 25 ryo extra. So take that into account when making weapons for players orders. lol

Smith Player Repairs
a smith player may repair a bound broken weapon. Normally when a weapon is broke its deleted. But if its bound then it doesnt get deleted. A smith may charge the player whatever they wish as they are currently the only ones who will be able to repair bound items.

Armorer smith info coming soon...

Smithing mods to smith made custom weapons coming soon....

NOTE
Custom player smith made weapons may not be modded in the level zone like normal, the original smith of origin MUST be the one who does the modding, again rules coming soon.

So enjoy getting your own unique weapons.

Note
On the weapon component cards, youll notice the +X stam. This means the weapon that is created gets a +X stam cost assigned to it. you will also notice that with all the base (non optional) combinations the stam cost will total out to 3. If you use an optional component its like giving the weapon a special upgrade and thus may result in higher stam cost.

Below are example cards of the weapon components.

Update: The margin for error has risen, now the components have a fail chance. and the roll on all components aside from special ones is a 1d20.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade T1 copy.png
Views:	222
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	2502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dried toad Oil T1 copy.png
Views:	215
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	2503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsuka T1 copy.png
Views:	208
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	2504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tsuba T1 copy.png
Views:	219
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	2505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kashira Pommel T1 copy.png
Views:	219
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	3654  

Last edited by Yagyu; 08-17-2010 at 01:55 PM.