Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki Community Projects > Tatsumaki Anime

Tatsumaki Anime Discuss the Tatsumaki Anime series

Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Media (Public)

Its a little too similar to the opening of Musashi lol for me if i write something I wanna make something that hasnt been done, something original and awesome. The prob is allot of stuff has been done, the other idea you suggested has kinda been done a million times in japanese cinema.

According to robet mcgee (art of story) every story is about overcoming an obstacle, i mean just getting out of bed and getting ready for work or whatever is am obstacle. So obviously we need some struggle, the question is our protagonist reasons, his motivations, his goals. How are these things going to draw in the obstacles.

Do we go with a bountyhunter, a ninja, a true to honor samurai, a ronin trying to survive the age of war? Theres allot to choose from, however I think whatever we choose should not be given a generic story.

The thing that made great stories like Lone wolf and Cub and even Yagyu Conspiracy was that they werent generic stories. They took a blend of history and fiction but made something truly original for its time and unique. Even Musashi and Taiko were great unique and original stories based on history mixed with fiction.

So it is possible to truly make a great story even if its a short 15 min clip.

But like i said , we should make sure we actually have 3 artists who can commit to working and delivering product. Otherwise and honestly we are just wasting time.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how Lone Wolf and Cub and Yagyu Conspiracy are examples of how short things can have complex plots, seeing as how the former was twenty-eight volumes and the later was more than two hours long. On the other hand, without going too far out of the box, getting too graphic, or losing touch with Westerners, I'm not certain that I can suggest anything that hasn't been done and will entertain adolescents and young adults.
Besides, if you look at it, every popular shonen in the U.S has the same basic plot. My perception of it is as follows: the main character has some kind of special power, he recruits some allies, they go around and fight some baddies, baddies get stronger, the good guys get beaten up, the good guys get stronger, rinse and repeat while making up whatever weird plot, novelty characters, and special powers you can.
If I can suggest something, making a short without any established plot may actually work. We could showcase different things without having to explain the transition. Maybe making a couple of shorts showcasing domestic life and fighting would be possible.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 AM

I didnt mean they are examples of how short things can have complex plots. i meant how something can have an original plot.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I'm just a little worried about time constraints we may have. But if we can manage to fit enough detail into a short to make it complex, while still making it understandable and relatable, I'm all for it.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 PM

np dude
Old 11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

What is this? An actual attempt at this? Ronin here, I'm more than willing to help out where I can. I'm a relatively good story writer, and I think I could help you out. Voice acting I can do too, but like it was said that won't be necessary for a while.

I do have to note that I love low fantasy, darker, realer stories though.

And as for how to start, its in the game itself. Don't start with anyone special. Start with a peasant. Just like how you start in Tatsu. Throw in a war between two families to capture a nearby city and a battle in his hometown, then you've got plenty of ways to go from there.

And because I can here's my throw in for a nice little start to the pilot

The character is indeed a young teenage male

Start off with a quick shot of his life. Its cloudy out today. A shot of the main character (Hereby referred to by he, but any gender could work) walking between the rice paddies, others working in the field. Someone calls him to work and he runs off to yells of "Get back here!" and "Worthless boy!".

Soon he slows down and starts walking towards a house, which can only be assumed to be his. He goes in and greets his mother, no father to be seen but nothing said about that yet. Soon, a thunderclap resounds through the small hut. Cut to a new scene. An army marches into the village during the rain, spears high and armor clinking. They start to fan out and fortify the area. Confused peasants flock to a man on a horse, asking what is going on. He replies that an enemy to their Daimyo is coming shortly and that they are needed to form a militia and help defend. He points towards a pile of spears to the unhappy cries of the villagers.

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 AM

Honestly dude i dont think this is gonna work. The anime idea has been pitched so many times now and the prob is without a team nothing will ever come to fruition. Suchi has already said without at least 3 other artist she wont help so.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Archenstone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Archenstone

Hi everyone! I've been in the lurkes for a few years but this thread tends to keep my attention. I don't know if my art would be good enough quality for an actual anime [as far as humans go]....but perhaps I could offer an attempt? I have access to Photoshop and other programs and have been playing with the various product versions since 2003. As far as animation goes....I have a little bit of experience with layer based animation [ie; gifs]. Once again...I am not a pro...but I would be very interested. At the very least I could do coloring.

I had a plot idea while looking over the thread. 16th century Japan was full of battles and sieges. Why not have the protagonist a young teen/man who's still in training as a samurai? The intro? Picture a castle that has been under siege for quite a long time. The food stores are gone. All the livestock and animals down the dogs/cats/birds etc have been scavenged for food for so long that even crows avoid the place. The soldiers, as well as the few families who made it into the castle are thread bare and gaunt from lack of food. Soon the opposing army will make another assault on the weakened samurai. Thrust this young teen, forced into service before he is ready, into this scenario.

Or if you want a different veiwpoint, choose a non samurai caste person trapped in the castle. How would this person feel about the siege? Would they be bitter against their lord for forcing them into eating the very bark from the trees? Or would they still be loyal....showing the courage of a true samurai?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 AM

The prob being we still need a team, also i was originally going to base the anime on the Munisai or Yagyu chronicles manga i writeand draw, and now letum is taking over art for the munisai.

If you guys want to do a whole production on something else then im going to say go for it without me, mainly cuz im so busy with the manga comics. But also because everyone fashions themselves a writer and i have noticed in groups of unprofessional writers (i use the term not to insult but to state writers who dont do it on a daily basis and dont do it as a career. Maybe not the best term lol how about amateur writers.) as i was saying amateur writers especailly in teams tend to think they all have a great idea and ideas either end up conflicting or not being original.

Archenstone, your second idea appeals to me more, like a grop of peasants or even prisoners trapped in a burning castle under attack, and like u said, will they show honor and loyalty even though they have been criminals perhaps not by choice but by hunger, or will they go and loot and give into their base desires.

Still its one thing to have an idea, and another to actually write a script for it with the proper beats, good dialogue, proper character development, ect. Has anyone read robert mcgee's art of story? If you havent its a MUST read before you attempt to write a story, especailly in script format.

I can be a little to blunt so i apologize lol, but yeah the whole teen protagonist who goes from farmer to "jedi" has been done a billion times over. Even with Munisai its sorta the same theme, though I am trying to get around the history facts by focusing allot on the other characters similar to how Eiji Yoshikawa did in Taiko.

The more recent fad now is about young female heroines who go from weak little girl to super butt kicking chick. Like I said, its all been done, I would say challenge your minds and really reach deep for something new. Or if you guys really just want another run of the mill generic anime then sure go ahead with the basic format.

But as far as the other dude who kinda started the interest in this again by makin promises he could get the anime produced, honestly i dont ever see that happening. Not unless we get some seriously talented and committed people. I am a realist so, and like i said, ive tried to resurrect this anime idea twice now. So I am familiar with the obstacles it throws your way. But as far as making this a series, I dont think we have the manpower, or the production quality we would need to make it anything people would wanna pay to see. Realistically and as it was meant to be, it would be a fun thing for the forum members. As it was originally intended to be a showcase series of the forum members characters.

The reason allot of us liked the Yagyu chronicles idea was because it put our characters into the story, based on a long running role playing game many of us engaged in. So that was why I was going to move the Anime in that direction. If I take part in an Anime other then voice acting lol (just ask anyone in my clan about all my crazy voices) it would be most likely based on the Yagyu chronicles. But like I said, realistically I think if we ever do see something, it will be a 10-15 minute max short with simplistic graphics and not much action. Not that I wouldnt wanna see something better, like i said im lookin at this realistically with a view to avoid wasting my or anyones time.

Archenstone, I would always be clad to have ya help on the Munisai Manga, perhaps cover art or as u said i you are good at coloring, then perhaps you can color the covers. I have been thinking of doing covers for the chapters since Letum is now handling the story art.

Anyway now that I have scrooged the Anime lol I will stop rambling. If you guys get something going I wish ya best of luck. I also would recommend holding voice acting online auditions and making sure any who do voice act have access to really good recording equipment so the Anime doesnt sound like a joke.

Ok guys again goodluck.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Archenstone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Archenstone

LOL, Yagyu, you are a realist and thats why I like your input!
I am game with which ever plot, be it for the yagyu chronicles or something new. Personally I do love the ideas of doing the rp characters as thats just...totally awesome. I ought to join into the rp...but I am afraid of taking too may rps on at once. Balancing rps can be overwhelming sometimes!

I'd love the viewpoint to be with a non samurai character....like in my second idea. But that is my personal opinion lol

BTW: I LOVE TAIKO. sorry bout tha caps but it seriously deserves caps. I read Taiko in like....7 or 8th grade. Then I bought the book from the library by refusing to return it XD it is the only 900+page book I have taken the time to read multiple times over the years.

I'd be interested in coloring covers Yagyu. Anytime you want to send something my way. You may want to send me a sample so you can see my coloring style. I have a deviantart account under the name draconic-lover if you want to look me up. Its all old art but you'll get an idea. There are also a couple simple animations in there I did for fun.

just for fun, heres a gif animation I did years ago. Its very rough as I didn't redraw the tail or neck, but I had lots of fun with it.