Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > Role-playing

Role-playing Post stories, character descriptions, or role-play as your character here.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default Re: Katame Saru - Chapter One: The Emperor's City

heh, ok. Well that means that the Ikko and the Kumamoto aren't allied yet. Am I remembering correctly?

Baka cocked back his head in thought "Hagaizuru? hmmm...." Baka studied the mans face, now clean of the black powder "Wait a second... your name isn't Akio its... Kumamoto Nobuo!" He shouted, reasoning still clouded by his drink "What is the Daimyo of the Kumamoto doing here, so far from your own lands? You better hope no one is after you here!"

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
ケーキはうそだ

Senshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senshi Send a message via MSN to Senshi

I guess. *goes to read over the old roleplays again*

"Damn," muttered Nobuo,"You aren't as dumb as your name implies." Nobuo looked closer at the man and said, "Ah, you are the one who set fire to the clan's shrine. I smell smoke, did you do that too?"

Kumamoto Leader \ Former Meitochi.com Owner
Forum Moderator \ Tatsumaki Anime Director

Go: Kumamoto Clan | Info & Joining Kumamoto
Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Baka winced at the mentioning of the fire "Uh... Hey, i've been meaning to apologize to you for that... heh sometimes a guy can just lose control, you know?" He smiled uncomfortably "And i guess you could also say that that smoke you are smelling is also my fault... But not entirely! I really was just trying to help out some girl who ran through and dropped three angry men right into my lap, telling them i wanted to fight them.. But that is irrelevant!"

Baka pointed to Nobuo "My name is only a name after all, and I'm smelling something other than the smoke in here, i'm smelling something valuable" With that he pulled out the note talking about the tournament "What sword is so valuable that you are willing to stick your own neck out in order to get it? And what was the point of bringing only two bodyguards with you anyways? If anyone wants your head they won't be much help."

Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Wiki Editor

Akitora is on a distinguished road

Just finished pulling a few 14 hours days getting a job done...

Like everything in Kyoto, The Tranquil Garden Inn was both cosmopolitan and unique as it tried to compete with other establishments in trying to attract business. One of the features of the inn was it's tables - each one with a small candle in the centre, and around, within a small edge, the table top was made up of sand or small pebbles. Thus every table was a miniature rock garden, and small rakes were even provided for patrons to use as they would sit.

The stranger seemed to take an eternity in replying as he removed his hat and lit his pipe with a small sliver of bamboo, the flame taken from the candle between them. He did not touch the sake, but fixed his gaze on Makoto, puffing slowly on the pipe between his teeth. Makoto would later find him hard to describe - all but those eyes. Unlike most people's, they were almost a golden brown, hinting of Tartar blood somewhere in his ancestry. And it was hard to look away from them when he locked eyes with another...

Finally he spoke, softly and deeply, with the practised tones of one used to telling tales. He drew absently in the sand as he did so.

"Prehaps once there was a boy... an orphan, a foundling, born prehaps in the times following the Onin Wars. He was raised by the monks of Mount Hiei until as a youth he was sent as an apprentice to Heianjo Nagayoshi, the famous swordsmith of Kyoto famed for his spears and engravings."

"The boy did not possess the talent to forge steel into blades, but his training on Hiei stood him in good stead. He was sent to the Raigo-in temple to train as a guard and to learn the way of the sword. At times the smith would call for him, and he would travel to the school in Ise province, there to test the the blades of Nagayoshi and his students which were famed for their sharpness."

"Many of these students are now famed throughout the land. Sengo Muramasa... Sukemasa... Masahige... and of course Akitsugu Ozawa. The young man was particularly beloved by Master Ozawa who treated him as a son. Muramasa and his students however hated and competed with Ozawa and his pupils, to the point that they sought to take all that Ozawa possessed - his skills, his swords and his good name. The youth also they desired to keep from him, and it was one day that the youth was ordered to the Silent Waterfall Shrine on a pretence."

"This was of great import, for it was the very day that Ozawa had completed his master work, a blade of superior beauty and sharpness. The smith thusly had to test the blade himself..."

"The result is now legend... Ozawa chose to test it on a monkey since he despised them, and it was right outside his home at the time. The monkey managed to dodge the first slash, but lost his eye to the second, and then ran away. The next day, it is thought after Ozawa sold the blade, he died when his house burned down, and it was believed by many to be caused by the monkey as his revenge. The second owner, who was the head of the Hidematsu Clan, died in another fire, caused when he drunkenly knocked over an oil lamp. These two fires convinced some to believe that the sword was cursed, and it disappeared."

"Others... others believe that the blade was not sold... but stolen. That the fires were lit by man's hand... and that the only curse was the greed and jealousy of others. Others believe that to find this blade is to find those that killed him..."

With that, the man stood up as if to leave...

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness.
Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin

Meitochi.com the best Tatsumaki: Land at War fansite out there! <- Click to learn more!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

Makoto listened in awed silence while the man spun his tale. He, too, had not touched his sake.

As the man got up to leave, Makoto felt satisfied by the story. However, there was still something missing; he still had an important question. What was he supposed to be doing? Ah!

"Sumimasen! What happened to the sword after the Hidematsu man died? Also, before you go, might you inform me of the location for the tournament? The tournament rumored to offer the Katame Saru as prize? The associate I mentioned before is intent on finding it. I do not know his reasons, but he is a good man. Onegaishimasu."

Makoto stood from his seat into a bow, and held it hoping the old man with the strange eyes would stay long enough to relay the information he desperately needed for his lord.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
ケーキはうそだ

"Actually, the tournament is probably one of those silly ones where they use wooden swords..," said Nobuo, "As for your other question, the number of bodyguards I have is not to be of your concern, and leaving on a journey with only two bodyguards is certainly foolish."

Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Baka smiled "thats all fine, but you are avoiding my question.... What sword is so valuable that you are willing to stick your neck out this far? And also why is this sword so valuable?"he took out some flint and steel and started to play with it, striking spark after spark.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:03 PM
ケーキはうそだ

"I assure you that my neck is not out far enough to be a problem," said Nobuo," And the blade is valuable because it was well made."

Old 07-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Ikko Family Founder

"I see... well then I guess there is nothing for me here... Good luck in the tournament and if you need anything i'm down the hall" With that Baka, instead of going to his room, decided to go back down to the first floor of the inn and sat down in a chair, ordering more sake and acting drunk, his ear keenly fixed on Makoto's conversation, waiting for the man he was now sure to be Nobuo's bodyguard to be done talking with this man.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Wiki Editor

Akitora is on a distinguished road

The fellow, who appeared to be in his 30's, just smiled once and walked out. Only then did Makoto find that the absentminded drawings in the sand of the table appeared to be a map... one that also had the Kunamoto crest drawn there with it...

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness.
Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin

Meitochi.com the best Tatsumaki: Land at War fansite out there! <- Click to learn more!