Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses
Default Re: Perma death and why it would suit this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
You just pointed out a possible disadvantage:

If clans can be easily ravaged by war, then the first clan to obtain high quantities of soldiers can easily stop the growth of others. For example, let's say you recruit many samurai to join your clan, until eventually you have like...100 men. Any starting clan of like, 10 men could be easily destroyed in battle. All you have to do is find them and slaughter them.

Eventually, by halting the growth of new clans, your very own clan would prosper indefinetly without competition, and attain UNLIMITED POWWWEEEEERRR OVER ALL JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.
That just is all the better. Think of the RP potential there... Two rival small clans must band together with the rest of the small clans to over throw the big one. After effectively doing this the whole world that was dominated by the larger clan is thrown into disarray with the smaller clans each trying to carve out a section for themselves.. IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 PM

WhiteHawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
That just is all the better. Think of the RP potential there... Two rival small clans must band together with the rest of the small clans to over throw the big one. After effectively doing this the whole world that was dominated by the larger clan is thrown into disarray with the smaller clans each trying to carve out a section for themselves.. IT WOULD BE AWESOME!
LOL Sengoku Jidai much!? Well it does look pretty fun. What would a player managed economy and world be like without screw ups and depressing times?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking that we could start calling permadeath servers "mortal" servers, and non permadeath servers "immortal" servers. I think that perhaps a mix between mortal and immortal would be best, making it so that you wouldn't be killed right away, and you would be given a chance to be saved. Perhaps if your life did happen to end, then you could create another character that is in the same family as yours. And perhaps you could choose a set amount of traits to have inherited from that dead member(such as their strength, their charisma, their martial skill, and so on) as well as getting all of their land, property, and remaining retainers.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Tibz is on a distinguished road

I think i'll toss my hat into the ring here, If there is a choice I will be playing Immortal server, I'd hate to have my net drop out and find out that 3 years of work is gone when I log back in.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 AM

WhiteHawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibz View Post
I think i'll toss my hat into the ring here, If there is a choice I will be playing Immortal server, I'd hate to have my net drop out and find out that 3 years of work is gone when I log back in.
Well I think that your net dropping out wouldn't cause your character to die, I mean.. Maybe you would lose your most recently acquired items, if the server didn't backup, which I am sure will not happen.

Unless, of course, you are talking about major lag, in which case you would hopefully be logged out upon suffering that kind of latency ( to avoid you getting owned in the meantime =P ).

Besides, if you got unfairly killed I'm sure there's something the "GMs" could do. =P
Old 06-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Full Time Tiger

If there is mortality then I think that fight or flight, rage, will to live, and lactic acid. If these could be implemented then I think the game will easily be able to mimic the human combat experience.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Siqpleasure is on a distinguished road

I think there should be Dojos to train in, for the I've bought my weapon, now how do I train question. The Dojos you do not die in. I think that would be most reasonable. I will play on the mortal server.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Full Time Tiger

I don't think there should be any safe zones, just places where you are much more safe than other places. Like in your dojo you would be much safer because you have allies around you that have weapons and are in combat stances.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan

Also, you need to remember that, realistically, training is dangerous too. I have seen people get seriously hurt sparring from slips-ups, improper safety or care for equipment, inexperience, or just bad luck. Obviously, the danger would go up the more realistic the weapon, but in the right hands (or wrong, depending on your point of view), even a shinai or boken can be deadly, much less live steel blades.

i personally have taken one or two metal splinters from using stage swords, which are basically just unsharpened live steel. Mind you, most of the time, they are a bit of a pain and hard to get out, but if one of thoes were to get in an eye...

Of course, I haven't even touched on the dangers of unarmed combat training, but I don't have much experience in that to speak on it.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Full Time Tiger

Unarmed combat training isn't all that difficult or dangerous. It mainly depends on what it being practiced. The most dangerous things to practice while sparring are ax kicks, pressure points, joint locks, throws, and forearm strikes. These are all relatively advanced techniques which I will explain. Ax(hammer) kick: leg goes above head and the heel comes down, trying to strike the the head or shoulders of the opponent (requires extreme caution when sparring). Pressure points are fairly obvious but are areas on the body that are overly sensitive to the namesake and when touched, felicitate a reaction from minor to extreme. It is probably better to practice these on a mannequin than a real person. Joint locks: grab extremity near joint, but it into a very uncomfortable or painful position. Can cause serious and permanent harm and is why this is dangerous to practice. Throws: use leverage and the movement of the opponent to flip the opponent over a part of your body. Can cause impact of over 5000 PSI on extreme techniques and at that level will kill or paralyze someone if done on a hard surface. Forearm strikes are usually done with the ulna side of the forearm, and the strike is usually done with a spinning motion to increase the effect of the strike. This can deal damage about equal to a wooden baseball bat (in PSI).

Tags
permadeath death