Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:39 AM

WhiteHawk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Perma death and why it would suit this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pysgod View Post
Well there is going to be animals...hunting and resource gathering. Plus we'll have the mastering of trades to look forward to. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find people who do not partake in battle with others but spend their time becoming masters of the trades...whether it's the arts of weapons making or others.
I had thought of that as well, but if you don't try fighting atleast once, you'll definetly die the first time you are attacked. =/
Old 06-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Pysgod is on a distinguished road

It depends on gain. Since theres no xp involved...the only reason to attack is for monetary or material gain. If the person you attack one who partakes in combat....you could just possibly knock them unconscious.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

The thing that mostly concerns me is that if permadeath is implemented, then clans won't be able to fight without losing 50% of their members.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheari View Post
The thing that mostly concerns me is that if permadeath is implemented, then clans won't be able to fight without losing 50% of their members.
Good point, but that also means that it's less likely for clans to declare war to each other ( i.e. there will be less warmongering clans. )
Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 PM

Wendell is on a distinguished road

Very neat idea. I will play on the perma death servers, if when you recreate your character you can use the same name again. Can you? Thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:53 PM

Lord Shino of The Katana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Shino of The Katana

hmm no warring clans? not only will it make clans more peaceful, but it also causes more popularity for super clans XD small clans will probably be found joining bigger clans to avoid destruction by other clans...but that makes it more realistic doesnt it? i mean who goes out to fight when u know that theres a 90 percent chance of u dying lol XD but thats kind of cool when you have some bigger clan to come and fight...hmm....

Old 06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

I don't think it would make more clans less combative, it would just be that clans would die out faster and new clans would form (from the new remade characters of all the clans that died) So then the one clan that has survived it all would be a hardcore band of BAs. :-)
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 06-23-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I don't think it would make more clans less combative, it would just be that clans would die out faster and new clans would form (from the new remade characters of all the clans that died) So then the one clan that has survived it all would be a hardcore band of BAs. :-)
You just pointed out a possible disadvantage:

If clans can be easily ravaged by war, then the first clan to obtain high quantities of soldiers can easily stop the growth of others. For example, let's say you recruit many samurai to join your clan, until eventually you have like...100 men. Any starting clan of like, 10 men could be easily destroyed in battle. All you have to do is find them and slaughter them.

Eventually, by halting the growth of new clans, your very own clan would prosper indefinetly without competition, and attain UNLIMITED POWWWEEEEERRR OVER ALL JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Maybe if we made it so that people had some sort of a psychological loss after killing people, that might slow down the rampage. Post traumatic stress, is that possible?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 PM

Zomg Dylan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zomg Dylan

i've been thinking about whether to be in a perma death server or a non perma death (lol) server. there are the obvious advantages of the latter but a perma death server has a somewhat high risk high reward system because there is more to lose if you do something stupid, for example if there is someone you severely dislike (bandits, really annoying people) you could just kill them and be done with it (they would come back, but they would be much less of a threat if they wanted to take the same chance). but on a non perma death (i need a new word for that) they could just come back, time after time. a harsher penalty for these things is defiantly an upside (maybe because i rarely do something stupid without thinking well through the consequences) but if something near impossible happens to me (it always does) and i get screwed over (struck by lightening with blue skies) obviously i don't want to lose everything.

btw i was curious exactly how large scale battles would work, would people just pair off and fight, or would it be more dynasty warriorsesque where two mobs collide and start killing one another?

Tags
permadeath death