Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Drivel getting you down? Want a place to discuss serious topics such as life and death? This is the place!

Old 03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
The Will of Death

Location: My parents'. Although I'm only 17, so you can't really blame me.
Hige Katsumori is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Hige Katsumori
Default Re: Brainstorm

Being the ignorant young one that I am, I have no clue as to what you are talking about. Would you mind elaborating for me?

" Ah ****. I can't believe you've done this. "
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Nobuwa-Ryuu

MattyQ will become famous soon enoughMattyQ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MattyQ Send a message via MSN to MattyQ Send a message via Yahoo to MattyQ

Tabula Rasa is Latin for 'clean tablet' or 'blank slate'. It refers to when in class the students in Rome would use wax tablets to write on, and when they were full, they would use ink to copy it to a piece of paper and then melt the wax smooth again with a candle so they could continue working.

In this case, Tabula rasa refers to just what Tomo said, starting life anew without any predispositions, or are we set in line to follow a path from the very beginning.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Overdose Delusion

Yukie is on a distinguished road

And here i thought Tabula Rasa was just a buffy episode.. silly me >.o
Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
The Smiling Spirit

Shinzui will become famous soon enoughShinzui will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shinzui

Haha, yeah. It was a theory that was popularized by John Locke. I personally think we are born with some innate predispositions. I think a perfect example of this is the visual cliff experiment. In this experiment, children who had developed debth perception refused to cross an area that looked like a steep cliff. (Don't worry, it was covered in a thick layer of plexiglass so they wouldn't actually fall). Why would an infant react in this manner after just acquiring debth perception if they were not already imbued with a fear of heights. I do believe most of our cognitions are learned, but as a child there are some things that are already there. I'd get in to this a bit more but its time to go to class. (Experimental Psychology XD)

If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Last edited by Shinzui; 03-15-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:42 AM

Kasuga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kasuga Send a message via AIM to Kasuga Send a message via Yahoo to Kasuga Send a message via Skype™ to Kasuga

"Ready, Randy?" ... "Ready, Joan"
Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Spike is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Brainstorm

Ok I propose a new "theory". I believe there is a god, some higher being outside of time and space.
*side note* I was formerly christian but I screwed that noise.
Its easy to see why people consider christians generally as narrow-minded, biggoted, racists. I gotta say I'm disgusted with American christianity.

Anyway back on topic. Like I said I believe there is a god but if you look at our history he allows the stuff that happens to us because he most likely hates us.
If we are his forsaken children so be it. We don't need him.
Burn the Library of Congress, Wipe your ass with the Mona Lisa, God might just know your name.
I have to try and keep this article PG rated since alot of kids can't handle me spouting words that they hear and see every day anyway.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Nobuwa-Ryuu

MattyQ will become famous soon enoughMattyQ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MattyQ Send a message via MSN to MattyQ Send a message via Yahoo to MattyQ

Out of curiousity, why would you burn the Library of Congress if you think God hates you? And why does it have to be a He, hating or not?

And, to speak to the not using words that offend people, I think you should try to merely because more people listen when you can eloquently state a point, versus saying "f- that, because." (Which is not what I'm saying you were saying.)
Old 03-29-2006, 05:49 PM

Daikomo is on a distinguished road

I get what your saying.. I beileve that there is a higher being as well such as GOD and Allah. But some times i get so mad because when i'm feeling i need some type of help i pray hard and it's not like i do so when ever i'm in some sorta
jam. I'm consistant with my worship, but two years ago i was Stranded in Africa and i was miss treated my so many people there because i was from here. I was called out in front of crouds and Beaten. My things were always gettin stolen. I've gone to bunk and have found forign insects i've never seen befor in my bed.

and i ask my god for help and or a way out and there was no answer at all.
this is why alot of people loose there faith. It's said god know's the right time
well if one is suffering and is in deep pain why can't he/she help when he/she is being called. I lost my faith for awhile and started reading up Hara khari or seppuku and was seriously thinking of ending my life. Until the place were my brother and i were stranded got attacked by local villagers and they burnt down the palce.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM
2D

ninjaxmaster is on a distinguished road

(sorry for off-topic post)

You were stranded in Africa? I would really like to hear the story of how this happened and what happened while you were there, sounds very interesting, and scary at the same time, as you said you would be called out in front of crowds and beaten, I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me.

ちぐるま とう :The Blood Wheel Clan Family!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Arakawa Nobuaki is on a distinguished road

Considering abortion, I always find it rather... amusing... when men comment on it. It's not really something they have a right to talk about as they'll never have to deal with it in the same way a woman would have to (I'm male btw, I have my opinion of it, of course, but I don't think I have the right to say whether it's right or wrong).

I rather not comment on the war in Iraq, otherwise people will scream murder.

As for "god" (or whatever other name used for it). Well, maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't. Let me just say that I haven't seen much in my life that would convince me that god exists.