Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 AM

Shiro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shiro Send a message via MSN to Shiro Send a message via Yahoo to Shiro
Default Re: /Idea Damage

Sykoi, I think what he meant by levels were "skills".
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Telly.D

Telsist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Telsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
2 masters with a sword woudl make one Semi:Equal match would it not? so that first or second slice wouldn't be as sever as if you were fighting someone from a diffrent Level than you, lets use a Number.

A master 10, against a master 5, makes a differense, a master 10 against a master 10 does not make a differense though, everyones diffrent and theres always someone better.
I'm not really sure what you're were trying to get at here. I don't fully understand.

I'm not sure how Competitive Fencing as a sport matches up toward actual combat, but I do know from my experience that in 1 on 1 confrontations, a poor competitor can defeat a far superior.

I've only been sport fencing for about 10 months, but I've seen that individuals all have strengths and weaknesses. Some are great at one thing but not so good at others. There is no such thing as a "Master 10" and "Master 5". I've never witnessed the scene from "The Last Samurai" where Tom Cruise is getting owned sparring with the other guy in the rain. Individual differences would have insured that he got at least one lucky shot...even without training.

Even in nonlethal competitions(knowing there is no real danger), the fighting is not nearly as pretty as the movies portray. I can't imagine what it may be like when death or permanent injury for one person is probable.

I'm not even sure if this post was relevant.

Telly.D
Old 01-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shiro Send a message via MSN to Shiro Send a message via Yahoo to Shiro

It was an Example, read it several times til you get it

I said, Two Masters of Equal skill Meaning they're exactly the same in My example.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Telly.D

Telsist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Telsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
It was an Example, read it several times til you get it

I said, Two Masters of Equal skill Meaning they're exactly the same in My example.
That was my point. It is not physically possible to have two people of exact equal skill.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:59 AM

Example
Old 01-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road

I don't agree on the idea of ensuring an inexperienced person gets a lucky shot in, it's unlikely that with the spiritual training and development of awareness an experienced Samurai would be unable to foretell where the more obvious swings of an inexperienced fighter will land.

And Sykoi, by levels I mean the level of expertise of the player behind the screen. I want to know how damage will work. When I screw up and miss my parry, and my enemy lands the first successful strike, say across my chest, what happens?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 AM

You expload >.>
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't agree on the idea of ensuring an inexperienced person gets a lucky shot in, it's unlikely that with the spiritual training and development of awareness an experienced Samurai would be unable to foretell where the more obvious swings of an inexperienced fighter will land.

And Sykoi, by levels I mean the level of expertise of the player behind the screen. I want to know how damage will work. When I screw up and miss my parry, and my enemy lands the first successful strike, say across my chest, what happens?
I was referring to if someone were to shoot you with an arrow, or catch you off guard - stuff anyone would be unaware of regardless of their skills.
As for what would happen? Well... Focus would just provide a chance to do something automatically, based on it's current %, more than likely... So if your focus is high and the attack is slow enough, you'll probably block it.

Honestly focus is something we never thought of, so we'll have to fully debate and incorporate the idea into the game before I can give a final word, but I'm guessing we'll use an equation that takes numerous things into consideration with judging the amount of damage done... These factors would probably be stuff like strength behind the attack, speed behind the attack, the defender's focus %, their current damage to legs and arms, etc.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telsist View Post
I'm not really sure what you're were trying to get at here. I don't fully understand.

I'm not sure how Competitive Fencing as a sport matches up toward actual combat, but I do know from my experience that in 1 on 1 confrontations, a poor competitor can defeat a far superior.

I've only been sport fencing for about 10 months, but I've seen that individuals all have strengths and weaknesses. Some are great at one thing but not so good at others. There is no such thing as a "Master 10" and "Master 5". I've never witnessed the scene from "The Last Samurai" where Tom Cruise is getting owned sparring with the other guy in the rain. Individual differences would have insured that he got at least one lucky shot...even without training.

Even in nonlethal competitions(knowing there is no real danger), the fighting is not nearly as pretty as the movies portray. I can't imagine what it may be like when death or permanent injury for one person is probable.

I'm not even sure if this post was relevant.

Telly.D
I fenced for about 2 years, and did kendo and iaido for another 2....and im almost positive that in a spar with both of us trying I would not be able to touch my Sensei. I mean it is no exageration to say that when using me or other students as examples we had sharpened katanas wizzing past our heads, 'masters' if you wanna call them that for damn sure know their way around a sword...

We would train by practice swinging at them in full armor, they just stood there and took it looking bored, i dont doubt they could have blocked every swing easily.

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it