Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road
Default Trees and Forests

Trees: Can I climb them? Can I travel across them? Can we cut them down?

Forests: Will there be any? Will they be dense, or bare like every other game?

Bamboo Forests: Will there be any? Can we cut some down during a fight like in Bushido Blade?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Tatsumaki Video Producer

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Masamune Send a message via MSN to Masamune
Default Re: Trees and Forests

Well, I don't know much about this, but I'm pretty sure there will be forests and bamboo forests, but again, like I posted in the other thread, for being able to cut down bamboo during a sword fight would take an extremely interactive environment, lots of animation, and more coding.

But, I don't think the forests can be too dense because there will hardly be any room to walk or move.

As for cutting actual trees down, it would be possible to have it where you harvest wood (similar to FFXI) and after you chop at the tree and harvest wood so many times the tree disappears, but to actually be able to chop the tree down, and make it into useable wood like in real life would be really complicated.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trees and Forests

Yes there will be forests, yes there will be bamboo forests, yes you will be able to cut them down, and I'm not quite sure if you will be able to climb or travel across them... These are two major things that need to be worked out during beta, as it all depends on what we're capable of, and how long it will take. Two things we can only find out ... During beta