Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 PM

Delerium is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Q]Cults and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by water737 View Post
while dark pasts of countries can affect how they cam out theres no need for them to be in the game for certain valid points but as also said the people into this genre would be mature enough to distinguish and such thus the religions of the day should be added but in a way as not to influence any fighting or anything or if they do influence only the npcs maybe? i dunno but i think adding religions is a good idea because like poor villagers embrace christianity, samurai of the age likes zen buddhism etc so religion i beleive has something to contribute to the game even if it hasnt been fully realised yet.

it only takes one person crying foul to ruin it for everyone. I totally agree that it would be cool but in any group there is always that person that gets their feelings hurt.

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
A sharp katana, thick armor, a strong heart......that's how I roll.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 PM

Adaox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbon View Post
as I understand it, this game is set pre-portuguese arrival
This helps a little, no christians in the game, no ofenses to most imature/fanatic people.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the #1 reason why its set pre-Portuguese (As in, pre-western weaponry (Guns)) is due to them bringing guns... The bonus in this choice is the lack of Christianity, and the horrible mess that followed.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:52 PM

ostrich229 is on a distinguished road

ya know im christian and i agree that there shouldnt be any christians in game cus that will get way overfocused on and ruin the whole game
Old 02-17-2007, 01:58 PM

ojwk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
Nobody expects the Japanese inquisiton.
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no...*Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Gotta love that sketch

My sig is best viewed using any other browser than IE
Old 02-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Arakawa Nobuaki is on a distinguished road

Hmm hmm, if it's pre-Portuguese, then we'll only have Buddhism and Shinto, which -by that time- already coexist peacefully. The great fights between the different sects are also just history by then.

No Christians... pity... I wouldn't mind executing a few of those odd people, who try to open the country for an invasion by those tall, hairy monkies.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:54 PM

ojwk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakawa Nobuaki View Post
Hmm hmm, if it's pre-Portuguese, then we'll only have Buddhism and Shinto, which -by that time- already coexist peacefully. The great fights between the different sects are also just history by then.

No Christians... pity... I wouldn't mind executing a few of those odd people, who try to open the country for an invasion by those tall, hairy monkies.
I suppose there is the possibility of a few lone Christian missionaries who wound up in Japan at that time.

My sig is best viewed using any other browser than IE
Old 02-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Arakawa Nobuaki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojwk View Post
I suppose there is the possibility of a few lone Christian missionaries who wound up in Japan at that time.
Is that so... Excuse me while I shall order the construction of a few crosses and larger cauldrons so that we can cook them... errrrr... I mean... cook for them. *cough!*
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 AM

Zafsk is on a distinguished road

Yeah I am a Christian and as bad as this could go wrong it could add SO much more depth. If there was a persecution it would be incredible and would increase the tension in the major cities. If you got caught with a bible you could be put in jail or even executed for repeat offenses. The bible has its advantages however, and is used for something really cool (couldnt think of anything).

I don't know tho, if we are catering to immature brats I guess it would be best to leave it out
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

problem is, with religion as well as politics and can easly make very good friends turn into really evil enemies

coughcough sykoi dex ^,~

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.