Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Drivel getting you down? Want a place to discuss serious topics such as life and death? This is the place!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 AM

Delerium is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The state of Tatsumaki: A newbie's perspective.

I have been thinking about a content management system (CMS) for the landatwar.com site. It might be a double-edged sword if there is no activity but I have been using Joomla for a few sites and think that it really makes things look more dynamic at the expense of more work! Just my 2 cents.

I think we need to incorporate the main site with the forums in a stickier way to make them the same thing. It will attract new people and remind those of us who have been here a while exactly what tatsumaki will be!

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
A sharp katana, thick armor, a strong heart......that's how I roll.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 PM

HajimeSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HajimeSaito Send a message via MSN to HajimeSaito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykoi View Post
I've been following this thread and agree, and I've already explained our reasons to the issues brought up, however that aside I'd be more than happy to reformat the forums if someone can suggest a reasonable method.

I.e. - moving all threads older than a certain date to archive forums, clearing up stickies, and combining similar forums and making new ones. From what I've read (@ Theadminzone.com), less forums = more activity. The fact that there are 12 threads in the past 3 days in one forum rather than 4 threads in 3 forums in the past 3 days, makes it look more active.
My theory though was that since there are more specific forums a user may not post a thread titled, "New <band>'s CD is great!" in a "General" forum however chances are that the user would have posted that same thread in a "Music" forum. It appears as if it would increase posting activity, if the effort was put in on the communities side.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Uke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've been following this thread and agree, and I've already explained our reasons to the issues brought up, however that aside I'd be more than happy to reformat the forums if someone can suggest a reasonable method.

I.e. - moving all threads older than a certain date to archive forums, clearing up stickies, and combining similar forums and making new ones. From what I've read (@ Theadminzone.com), less forums = more activity. The fact that there are 12 threads in the past 3 days in one forum rather than 4 threads in 3 forums in the past 3 days, makes it look more active.
Even though everything here was said about a year ago, I would like to bring attention back to the thoughts here. The site really needs to be updated, I have been reading the forums non stop for the past several days since

I noticed this place, and so many posts are very old. Its time to update, or archive all the old posts, in order to show that this site and idea still has plenty of energy, and is still going on. If not, many will assume its dead and move on. I would like to add, if there is anyway I can help please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by Uke; 07-13-2010 at 11:25 AM.