Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 熊本 Family

熊本 Family Senshi, Hakinhi

Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default Re: Laws Concerning Outside Families

Staje: i'm not downing on rping the role, i'm just talking bout functionality of the action itself, as this is not a rp thread, but rather a thread about the laws of the Kumamoto.

A much more effective way would be to use troops to kill them or run them out of the area.

Good intel is a must for this as well, of course, but i maintain that its too much of a risk to use a single person as the way to deal with bandit clans, no matter how well prepared they can be.

The flipside of striking when they aren't there is that they won't all be there to be killed, and unless u can monitor the area 24/7 then they can escape, and i doubt that even someone with "all the time in the world" would be willing or able to keep that good of a vigil.

Ebisu: yes, there may be a permadeath server eveantually, but I'm pretty sure Sykoi had stated that that would come a while after the initial release.

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Staje is on a distinguished road

All it takes is time to learn the strengths and weaknesses. You have to think about it on a larger scale.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Ikko Family Founder

But thats just it, in the larger scale a simple troop movement is much more effective then a risky commando mission, and if the kumamoto gain land then they will need a more effective, less limited way of dealing with these kinds of threats.

Although assassins are useful (believe me I know, just look at my family), their uses are not for law enforcement. Assassins should be conserved for less general purposes, and should be used to target a more specific, well known enemy than bandits. Law enforcement should be left to the troops and the police.

Any input from senshi on this matter would be appreciated, as we are discussing what will be his decision in the end.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Ninjitsu Master

I understand where your coming from. I really do, though I'm the type of person thats crazy enough to do a suicide mission just for the challenge. Plus if i can convince the Dev's to implement pvp traps instead of just having them for Capturing creatures and what not for hunting. It will add a whole new element to the Jujitsu's factor of assassination technique.
Hell i wouldn't even have to kill them then and worry about re spawn just capture them and obtain the assets they stole. The whole idea is to get the stuff back. I personally feel that hiding with in the ranks for a time is more contagious for an attack. Specially if we know exactly how they think ya know.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

First of all, if a bandit is killed or wounded the others will know of your presence. Second, a group of bandits would likely be made up of close friends, and joining them would not be as easy as you make it out to be. Third, a single assassin against bandits in multiples of 10 would almost certainly die. Last of all, if you do somehow manage to infiltrate the bandits if they discover you have any contact with the Kumamoto or if you say anything suspicious then you will almost certainly be strung up, "sneaky or no".
Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Okay dude this is the second post you have flamed me on.

IC: Say nothing you might regret in later days. For the shadows move where ever you go. Remember that.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Fisherman

Ebisu is on a distinguished road

Yeah Staje, Gheari has tourettes and can't help himself. You just have to scratch behind his ears to make him stop talking

And on to his post!

Whether or not others are alerted to your presence depends on a few things. If the hideout is small, then its likely to work like you say Gheari. If its fairly spacious then the noise may not carry to any others there. If the devs implement a system for knowing the status of your friends/clanmates ingame, then we're just out of luck. But it would be more realistic if you simply had to find their body, which should still be there on a permadeath/reincarnation system, and at least blood would be there on a "slow recovery" system involving ingame hospital stays. On top of the size of the buliding, realistically it would also depend on the placement of the various walls and rooms. If a building were large but one big auditorium, of course there would be little chance of sneaking around in it.

The number of them online at a given time would matter, and that you missed some of them would not necessarily matter if they could not find out who had done it. We've already discussed the fact that there will not be hovering player tags in this game. The greatest risk would be one of them yelling out, which would be very likely unless you used techniques that silenced them or drew them far enough away from the others that they wouldn't be heard. My former statements on being overheard were only dealing with the shuffling noise a struggle makes, or the clash of weapons.

Now, on them being a group of close friends. A group of real life friends would certainly coordinate their efforts, whether to start/participate in a legitimate family or to organize this hypothetical bandit group we're discussing. However, most groups of friends aren't large enough to satisfactorily fill the ranks of a family or even a bandit group; in other words, they will likely at some point be looking to recruit outside help, or else forever limit themselves to very small scale missions. In-game friends would be at the top of the recruiting list course, and so getting in with them would require some serious roleplaying, and justly so. It is also possible that they could be careless and recruit you without so much effort on your part; a lot of gamers aren't used to the realism Tatsumaki intends to bring, and could still be recruiting using strategies and standards they learned in other less consequential games. You can bet at least some portion of the population will be this way.

Now, on your certainty that a lone assassin would die against a group of bandits even ten strong, I believe Staje has said more than once he isn't arguing that he would survive, and moreover does not care about the risk of death. It is a nonpoint for him, and thus moot.

Lastly, Gheari, you pointed out the threat of an infiltrator being found out through his connections to a clan or a mistep in conversation. These are realistic risks, and as for the "strung up" part I refer to my last point. Whats more, those risks would be partially dimished due to out-of-game communication within families and clans. Why risk getting caught passing letters to your clan in-game if you can just give your friend a phone call?

When you truly wish to turn someones argument around on them, you take the time to explain yourself Gheari, not merely tell them they are wrong on every point and leave it at that. If you want to be persuasive you should give it another go.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Once again Ebisu-san you do me honor *bows* This will not be forgotten. Gheari-kun "nothing" is impossible. Just think about the story of 300 greeks verses 10,000,000 Persians
That seemed impossible but they did it. Why cant 1 take out 10 what law says i can't?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ok, please do stop bringing this down to yourself, we are instead talking about the laws of the family, not what a single person would do.

Also, Gheari was not flaming you any more than i was, he was simply arguing against a point. This is a debate, or a argument if you choose to look at it that way. It is not at all personal, but instead is about, as i have stated many times, the laws of the Kumamoto family as a whole.

And Ebisu, although Gheari did not fully explain his argument, it was almost unneeded for him to, as i have said many if not all of the things he said in that argument, he was simply agreeing with my opinion in this argument.

IC(I'll take a shot at this as well):
You will curb your tongue immediately, assassin! You speak to officers of the Ikko! Would you lack so much tact as to threaten an ally?! And need i remind you, that although you may feel power in ending people's lives you are not the only one who can do it, and definately not the best. If you choose not to back down, I can assure you, You will need to worry more about shadows following you than my friend here. I will not accept such behavior from someone like you. Ikko or Kumamoto, who threatens their brothers?!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Ninjitsu Master

I'm just debating the fact that its not impossible for one person to accomplish something. All it takes is time. That is all i am trying to say.
And i apologizes i was hot tempered last night and i shouldn't of used the word "Flamed"

IC: I will curb my tung. When he curbs his... I mean no disrespect, Ronin-san but he must earn my respect as you have!