Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 熊本 Family

熊本 Family Senshi, Hakinhi

Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan
Default Re: Laws Concerning Outside Families

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheari View Post
If they're a clan of bandits they'll have more enemies than friends, and I for one will certainly be there to help slice a few bandits in twain. If a man from a bandit clan murders someone then I think there will be a call for all honorable people to join in the cause of justice.
Very true.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Staje is on a distinguished road

You could come to me and i could take care of them quietly and quickly and have your money returned to you in a weeks time. Free of charge of course. No one dishonors the family name and gets away with it.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

No offense, of course, but it'd take much more than you to take out a bandit clan, or even just a group of bandits.

Numbers are powerful, and a single person could not defeat a group of enemies, at least not if the enemies are organized at all.

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Ninjitsu Master

It is all about planing, trapping and using careful strategy. Taking account for every available factor. Silently Stalking singling them out and killing them off one at a time. Dragging the body's to the hole you dug in the darkness of the night woods. Infiltration and assassination. Not just running in hands up flailing a sword around like a crazy person stealing all of the sake and leaving ^_^
And of course if others are coming i could kill off as many of the bandits as possible making the retrieval easier for the other people coming to solve the problem.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Ikko Family Founder

But you are forgetting the fact that people don't die outright in this game, even with permadeath they can send their friends messages out of game about you and you will be found and killed by them before you could kill more than two.

In real life it'd be a bit easier, but even then you might screw up or be seen stalking around then get killed. Concerted efforts are much better than single people trying to take on terrible odds, imho.

Basically what i'm saying is, its not that easy. Sending a single person, no matter who, against a group of criminals is simply suicidal. (of course there are always cases where some people succeed in this way, but it is far outweighed by how many have failed)

Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Ninjitsu Master

The amount of time it would take for them to travel from point A to point B would be difficult to begin with. As I'm sure this game has no instant travel button. Secondly it's all figurative and still if the assassination is done correctly. It is an effective kill and slows the enemy down regardless. The trick of stealth is to not be seen. I intend for it to stay that way no mater the odds. Its either regain the family honor or die trying. There is no in between. Kill or be killed in that situation I'm afraid. I don't care how insightful and resourceful they are. I will still come out on top when it's our family honor at stake. As for suicide. Life and death are the same. You value life as if it is something better. That is not the way of the Samurai. For it is glorious to die in battle.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Ikko Family Founder

once again, game. They can adjust their settings to be able to see in shadows easier, and its actually really to notice someone in most online games i've played. Also the whole death thing... there is no permadeath XD and even then its easy to sacrifice when its not you dieing, life/death situations won't matter as much.

You could catch one of them offguard probably, but even then the probabilities are against you. Either way, you are in more danger than they are if you go against a group. You need good people with you in order to even the odds, and even then you might lose.

Stealth is useful against one, two, three, and four targets, but a single person going after a group like that is just plain reckless and that person is facing a serious chance of dieing. and after they kill that single person, you can be sure they'll be ready for anyone else that is sent at them.

Sweet and simple, suicidal stealth missions are pointless in the eradication of bandits, especially because this is a game.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Ninjitsu Master

OOC: I love how people take all the fun out of playing a role by saying "oh you cant do this" or "This is stupid don't do that" Bottom line. It doesn't matter if its suicidal and stupid. If you do it right you can stall the enemy until reinforcements arrive because you know they will. They steal from us there gonna Catch hell for it. You can sit there and blab about the game mechanics until you are blue in the face. It's not gonna change my mind.

IC: You are not listening i said "single them out" all it takes is patience and time and i have all the time in the world. As well as all the patience. It does not mater if they are in a group. I'm just going to wait until they trail off on there own. They will never know what hit them.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Fisherman

Ebisu is on a distinguished road

Something to consider would be the number of players on at a given time. The best time to strike alone at a group of players would be when the least of them were online.

That said, I understood the wiki as saying there in fact would be a possible permadeath system, be it on a given server or whatever. I may have misunderstood you though Ronin, it just seemed as though you were saying there would be no permadeath in the game.

I do think that, intel gathering being as important as it is, a student of ninjitsu would want to know things about his adversary, as any mindful warrior would. Stuff like the layout of a hideout, any security measures that may be in place (trained dogs, hired npc guards, etc) and the identities and strengths of the individuals he is targetting.

In this, you have many options. If working alone, you could join your adversay for a time and learn all that needs to be learned that way. If you have official clan support or other connections, you may be able to glean the blueprints, identities, criminal records and other portions of the information without the charade, perhaps even having a man or men on the inside helping take them down.

I find there to be just as much appeal in working with others in such endeavors as not. There is a way to get it done in either case.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Exactly my point Ebisu-san Infiltrate and plan around there schedule learn there strengths and weaknesses and exploit them. When it is most advantages to the family. It is not necessarily working alone. Just gathering information. and make them think there is a killer in the area. But not to let them suspect it is some one hidden in there ranks. Being resourceful and tactical. As i said first just not run in there swinging a sword like a mad man. Using the environment to your advantage taking all factors in and accounting for them. Plan and strategies!