Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 熊本 Family

熊本 Family Senshi, Hakinhi

Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 PM

Suchiko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Suchiko
Default Laws Concerning Outside Families

Just trying to contribute a little to my new family. *happiness rainbow appears overhead*

Well, every family has laws on how to govern their own members, but what about the offenses that could be made on us by members of another clan? Do we have any guidelines for a situation like that?

Let's just say for the sake of a simulation that I'm walking around with my husband and daughter, eating fried squid or something and having a good ol' time, when suddenly Killer85 from NoobClan7 jumps out and mugs my husband, killing him, and then takes all our cash.

(A) In scenario A he gets away back to NoobClan7. Provided that if I tell someone in my family what happened and we decide to do something about it, what do we do?

We could go there and say "Hey this guy killed one of our guys." They could punish him for being a jerk. Then again you can't expect everyone to be all honorable. They might just say "How do you know Suchiko's not lying?" or "Well we're a clan of thieves, so it doesn't matter to us what he does." Then what?

OR they could say they'll punish the guy and then turn around and go "Well....we DO hate those Kumamoto's anyway...Good job! Here's a raise."

To add to that, my daughter and I can't fight, so I can't stake out his house all day and hope to ambush him.

(B) In scenario B, Killer85 is captured by us. What are we going to do with him?

The first thing everyone will think is kill him, but what if someone caught one of our members in their territory for the same thing? Would we let them kill the person or bring them back and dispose of them ourselves 'cause we're honorable like that? Plus, we'd want to give our guy a trial or something to make sure that they aren't just killing him to get rid of another Kumamoto.

If we contacted their family and they let us kill him or, if it was less than a murder, punish him our way that would be great. But if they want him back they might not do anything to him, and if we keep him that may cause some bad blood between the two of us.

I'm sure someone out there has a solution. ^_^

~*~すちこ~*~ Suchiko

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Laws Concerning Outside Families

Although I am not a member of Kumamoto clan I am a member of what I at the very least believe is still its sister clan the Ikko and would like to help you with this.

Send the captured man's lord (in the case he is a samurai) a request stating the crime committed and request him to order his subject to commit seppuku. If it is a woman (and a samurai) they are to commit jigai which is the cutting of the jugular vein in the neck. If the offender is not a samurai they are to have yubitsume(cutting off of the fourth finger from the thumb) this is serious for sword wielders as the pinky has the tightest grip on a hilt.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Thanks Gheari. That sounds reasonable I guess... a little mean but I don't care, my hubby's dead *cry*

I guess if they're a samurai and not into the seppuku thing then we kill them, but what if their lord doesn't want them dead or punished and doesn't order the seppuku? We don't want and bad relations or anything.

~*~すちこ~*~ Suchiko

Old 01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Full Time Tiger

If the lord doesn't order seppuku then both he and his vassal are dishonored.
A dishonorable lord will probably lose vassals, allies and respect.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM

I guess if they're dishonored then we don't want anything to do with them anyways huh?
Who needs them.

~*~すちこ~*~ Suchiko

Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

But once again you must remember that it is a game, and not real feudal Japan. Killing someone will not permanently destroy them (until a server is up with permadeath). Also there is another scenario:

Say you capture him, and outside of game or through a tell (if that system will be implemented) the guy tells his entire N00bClan7 where he is before an emmisary is sent out. This entire clan comes knocking on your door with weapons, and in multitude. What do you do then? give in to violent demands and perhaps be targeted later by people who now think you are weak, attempt to negotiate, or failing that attempt to fight them off, risking all you have built over a small dispute?

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan

There is also a good chance that the NPC guards (if implemented and present) would kill him on the spot or at least try to. In any case, our actions would likely be dictated by the individual's clan and how often they have violated the rules of our territory

If they were from an honorable and roleplay-oriented clan like Ikko, I'd say do what Gheari described. However, if they are not and there is no perma-death as Ronin pointed out, then execution would not be out of the question in my mind. At very least, we should treat them in the same fashion as those without clans, unless their clan is much bigger and declares war on others on a whim.

Quote:
Also there is another scenario:

Say you capture him, and outside of game or through a tell (if that system will be implemented) the guy tells his entire N00bClan7 where he is before an emmisary is sent out. This entire clan comes knocking on your door with weapons, and in multitude. What do you do then? give in to violent demands and perhaps be targeted later by people who now think you are weak, attempt to negotiate, or failing that attempt to fight them off, risking all you have built over a small dispute?
I just want to point out that all conflict spawns from small disputes snowballing into big ones.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
ケーキはうそだ

Senshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senshi Send a message via MSN to Senshi

Well, Kumamoto doesn't tolerate people who commit such criminal acts, so I'd just go and kill them all.
I wouldn't want to waste time negotiating with a clan of bandits.

Kumamoto Leader \ Former Meitochi.com Owner
Forum Moderator \ Tatsumaki Anime Director

Go: Kumamoto Clan | Info & Joining Kumamoto
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM

*wags her finger at Senshi* You have to do these kinds of things with finesse. But if they are just a clan of bandits..... they couldn't possibly be organized enough to do us any harm in spite.

~*~すちこ~*~ Suchiko

Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Full Time Tiger

If they're a clan of bandits they'll have more enemies than friends, and I for one will certainly be there to help slice a few bandits in twain. If a man from a bandit clan murders someone then I think there will be a call for all honorable people to join in the cause of justice.