Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 熊本 Family

熊本 Family Senshi, Hakinhi

Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 PM

Shiro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shiro Send a message via MSN to Shiro Send a message via Yahoo to Shiro
Default Kumamoto Family - GuideLines?

Needless to say we'll have some sort of military structure when it comes to our samurai, however i have a few suggestions. One would be that we have a Mild/Strict rule that most of our samurai will have to follow the bushido code, if this is enforced then it will be appealing to other players as well and our family will grow. I also suggest that we have a family sized Town (For each of the High officials) and when it comes to random people asking to join we must test their willingness to join us.

Ill give you a few examples:

When a new player applies to join our family he must do chores for our family in order for us to take advantage of him and to get the respect for the other players in our family that does this everyday so that we can continue our existence.

Every soldier in our family should follow the bushido code, but we don’t have to go to the extreme with this. Also, samurai in our village should also follow different codes so that we look respectable, and strong. We could follow the shinsengumi code that says: Your are not allowed to start an unprovoked attack. You are not allowed to murder carelessly. If you lose your target, even if you are stabbed in the back you must commit ritual suicide, maybe not the last one, but something around those Ideals.

Respect and discipline is hard to get in an online game, which is why we must go to great lengths to get it to work, we must make rules that goes for our family and everyone must be treated the same way, the rules apply for everyone.

Divisions between samurai and spies.

Assuming there will be rival families, then we must have spies, but spies cant just join the other family and become a soldier, if we have Ninjas to spy for us then they must master the art of trade, which will allow the spy to gather information from the family he is infiltrating and its allies.

The rules for the Ninja/Spy should be stricter than that of the Samurai.
Under no circumstances is he allowed to tell the infiltrated village where he is from and what his mission is. Under no circumstances is he allowed to use Martial arts, or the art of war to achieve his goals unless ordered differently.
Killing someone without the Kumamoto Family's permission and so reveal the kumamoto's intention will lead to Banishment from the family and set to as "Enemy" in the eyes of Kumamoto and its officials.

Samurai
Uphold the law within the kumamoto Family to the best of their intentions.
Careless use of martial arts as form of intimidation or murder is prohibited.
Always help the weak, unless the weak is a spy, in that case, even our enemy is our friend, one spy less, is one spy less of infiltrating us.’
Respect everyone, even our enemy, show intelligence in your words, and be noble we are all missionaries representing our village.
The kumamoto Family art/way of the sword, is for kumamoto only, teaching this art away to non kumamoto members should lead to banishment from the village.
Discipline is a must! People with high ranks/status have it for a reason.
Practice Swordsmanship 3 times a day for a Minimum of 30 minutes per session.
Practice should be sparring against another kumamoto member with wooden swords (Meaning, no death blows/Stopping before HP reaches 0)

Outside Kumamoto villages samurai have to respect every player out there and is not allowed to start or participate in arguments.

Traders and villagers.

For optimal efficiency all kumamoto members must benefit the villages. Traders trade with other villages in order to supply our family.
sales within the family will be discussed but samurai equipment should be free for family members.

-Shiro

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan
Default Re: Kumamoto Family - GuideLines?

Looking good so far.

Just pointing out one or two things:

Quote:
When a new player applies to join our family he must do chores for our family in order for us to take advantage of him and to get the respect for the other players in our family that does this everyday so that we can continue our existence.
This also allows him to make valuable contacts within the family leadership, befriend his fellow new members, and be familiar with local/clan geography and resources whenever he/she should climb into the higher ranks.

Quote:
The kumamoto Family art/way of the sword, is for kumamoto only, teaching this art away to non kumamoto members should lead to banishment from the village.
Teaching others of the katas and other intricacies of our style of kenjutsu, jujutsu, kyujutsu, etc... should be treated as a gift. For example, teaching a kata to a ronin or ally in thanks for long years of assistance (still bound by the ) or a secret style to particularly honored clan warriors.

Quote:
sales within the family will be discussed but samurai equipment should be free for family members.
By samurai equipment, I'm assuming you are referring to the articles of war: weapons, armor, etc. The maximum that the price should be is the cost of the personally owned (as opposed to clan) resources used in it's construction (no labor cost).
Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
ケーキはうそだ

Senshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senshi Send a message via MSN to Senshi

They're great. The only thing I have an issue with is the "Practice Swordsmanship 3 times a day for a Minimum of 30 minutes per session" Thats an hour and a half, and I don't think that everyone would have enough time for that and playing the game itself. (unless you're referring to in-game time)

Kumamoto Leader \ Former Meitochi.com Owner
Forum Moderator \ Tatsumaki Anime Director

Go: Kumamoto Clan | Info & Joining Kumamoto
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shiro Send a message via MSN to Shiro Send a message via Yahoo to Shiro

Probably not, I just want some sort of structure, that is appealing for Roleplayers and Realism Players. We could make it in game time or Remove it all together or find a valid solution.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan

Although it is a bit outrageous if real-time, I like the sentiment it suggests. It really gives the feeling that: #1 We are serious about protecting out interests and #2 we are serious about accurately role-playing (within reason) the culture that we are trying to simulate.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 PM

Hime-sama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
The rules for the Ninja/Spy should be stricter than that of the Samurai.
Under no circumstances is he allowed to tell the infiltrated village where he is from and what his mission is. Under no circumstances is he allowed to use Martial arts, or the art of war to achieve his goals unless ordered differently.
Killing someone without the Kumamoto Family's permission and so reveal the kumamoto's intention will lead to Banishment from the family and set to as "Enemy" in the eyes of Kumamoto and its officials.
Shiro-sama, I have several questions if I may be so bold, to ask a man a question. But the comment about not using the Art of War to achieve one's goal. But I need some clarification on this. The Art of War is not just the killing of your enemy, but it is defeating him also mentally. The Art of War is used extensively, in the Ninpo way. Especially with Kunochi as women use more mentally stressed warfare then a hack and slash.

So my question, if allowed by you Shiro-sama, is..Do you mean killing, or the use of Art of War entirely?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 AM

Qu Yang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Probably not, I just want some sort of structure, that is appealing for Roleplayers and Realism Players. We could make it in game time or Remove it all together or find a valid solution.

I'd personally suggest readjusting it. Removing that would remove two important aspects being: a) the seriousity of our samurai about their skill, b) everyone should improve their skills with the sword - I noticed from attempting to roleplay in World of Warcraft how lazy people can get. It might be better to tell them they should do so rather than not.

Unless someone fetches a high spot, I'd be honored to personally give every samurai trainee the message ingame.

On second thought, of course - real life can come into your way. But that's just a question of readjustment of one's schedule.

I might or might not have made sense. If anything's unclear, beg you to point it out to me. I'm sure I can rephrase anything I said.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 AM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito

The in-game days are to be something like 4 hours. 0230 day, 0130 night.

By meaning 3 times a day, in a 24 hours day is just okay, now on a 4 hours day is ... uh.. not viable, once a day for 30 minutes is okay, maybe 15-10 minutes would be better, it still depends on the person, since a samurai who's more into trading than combat itself(I mean a player) would try to avoid combat at all, and probably would have yojimbos with him for that matter. Saying Once a day for 15 minutes seems weak, but in the in-game terms are something close to what shiro meant.

I don't mean this mostly for roleplays, I think that this should be for everybody on the clan, no exceptions(though a man who just farms and trade and have no combat skill at all, should either train a specific "self-defense" combat, or count his devotion to what he does best(creating swords, farming, improving our food stocks, feeding the animals, etc) could be considered as the devotion to oneself's skill. And applying this to everybody would still impose much more respect (and less l33t people trying to join).

Though we still should have a "logo"... I forgot the word, a specific phrase to guide our paths... Like... Aku Soku Zan, Tenchu, Jinchuu, something like this should be our family bushido code. (any of these three would do just fine, but it's not only my opinion that counts...) Making the "specific phrase" our code and modifying it so that our already set of rules(shiro's and everybody else's) would fit in it, not necessarily on the phrase, but on our way of living. (simply put: we follow the jinchuu code and also that list that shiro quoted, but we only say "the jinchuu".[eg])

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 AM

To answer Hime's question.

Using the art of War would be "Violence" for personal gain, say: "I am a member of kumamoto, Give me your money or die". Using the Art of war (The kumamoto style of swordsmanship) against our enemies or "villans" if you want, should be posing no problems.

And for Saito - I agree, we have to adapt the time training with the sword to the time of day within game, say 1 day is 4 hours (real time) then it shouldn' tbe more than about 10-15 minutes. at top.

And finally for Yang - Yeah it would remove lazy roleplayers and create a steady community within our Guild

I think that covers it all, any questions about my "View" on this can be sent to me on PM.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Starbear is on a distinguished road

I realise I'm jumping in a few months late so forgive me for raising the dead (in regards to an old thread). I intend to RP an older character who has generaly retired from combat in all regards save self defense, rather my character intends to be more of an all around healer/elder type person would training every day fall to her as well? Generaly I'd have her spend that time finding rare herbs for various things ranging from balms for bandages or posions and antidotes (should that be in the game), and that dosn't even touch the subject of farming and gathering food. I assume the above rules applie to combat characters only?