Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 熊本 Family

熊本 Family Senshi, Hakinhi

Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 AM

Lord Shino of The Katana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Shino of The Katana
Default Re: Laws Concerning Outside Families

Eek lol you guys are funny Well heres my input:

It's a game
Families who are "attacked", refer to Suchiko's examples, should be punished sure. But it does show some points on whether Family leaders will punish for that, Maybe we can put an embargo, trade ban, for specific clans or players in the case of a general "bad" attitude in the game. But even then this probably won't stop the perpetrators from pissing big families, so you can maybe put out bounties or warrants for bandits and such. This could be a very good idea because hey, who's going to attack a family member when the risk of getting a high bounty is on your head. I would assume that unless your person has some big backup or is some kind of Super saiyan samurai, you would probably try to keep low and wait till your bounty goes lower. Normally this is because a wanted bandit would be "swarmed" by these people for money- 1. Infinite Noobies 2. Infinite Greedy People 3. Some Clan Member 4. A group of head hunters "bounty hunters" 5. Guards and 6. Family involved in Conflict
I myself would probably lead a group of cavalry and just kill the bandits but hey negotiations are good. If you can convince the bandits "Enemy clan or group" to surrender over something "Perpetrator, money, services, land, etc.", you can at least grant them some forgiveness. But if they don't fork it over you can kill them. But if they do listen to you and give something and end up doing the same mistake=Kill 'em .
Well hope you like the idea because I'm gonna look into this more and come back with more info.

(I wanna try the IC ))
My lords! Please settle yourselves! We are brethren together and we should act as so. Look the peasents will begin to wonder on how this alliance is truly benefitful. So please let us calm down and once more engage in a more harmonius discussion.

Last edited by Lord Shino of The Katana; 04-15-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Fixing
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Fisherman

Ebisu is on a distinguished road

Look Ronin, I realize this was meant to be about the laws of the Kumamoto, but had it remained so and not an argument over what is possible and not possible, I would not have posted in the first place. I am, after all, not in a family at present, and so have no investment in how these things develope. My first post was just a friendly suggestion of course, but my second post was not inaccurate. I've had no problem personally with Gheari. When he disputes me I dispute him, and thats that, I don't mind because I like the debate. Nevertheless, he does like to state his opinion as fact, with little or no thought given to the many more tactful ways there are to tell someone they are wrong.

His post was in response to Staje was no different than usual. Had he merely been agreeing with you he could have simply said as much, and then expounded upon that perspective if he felt so inclined. Instead, he tried to just shut him down. Gheari made his own argument and didn't bring your former posts into it. Quoting is an easy way to second someone elses opinion, and one possible avenue through which to avoid unecessary conflict. So, as he was making his own argument and points apart from yours ("First of all" is certainly indicitive of self representation) then he would have actually been helpful in adding an explanation. His own explanation, you know? Thats what drives these forums after all, unique opinions and rehashing old ones in new ways. Gheari didn't even try to make his point, he only stated Staje was wrong, and that was all. Not every participant on our forum will tolerate that approach, and understandably so. Its not helpful, its not constructive to be sure. Though he may not have been flaming, he didn't help anyone with his post, and I'll be damned if thats not what we're here for.

But hey, I'll make my exit at this point, because hijacking isn't professional either Start a new thread if we just want to keep this up. I might even take the bait!

Last edited by Ebisu; 04-15-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

I guess he never really did explain it or support my argument, but his was just a quick opinion, and although it might not be too tactful for a formal debate, this is a casual forum debate.

Also, very flamboyant vocabulary, catches the eye a bit eh?

But yes Lord Shino, that is the gist of what i am suggesting.

IC:
He in no way means to insult you, he is simply quite to the point with these things, which is not always a bad quality in this world.

As for you Shino, do no worry about the civilians, or peasents as you call them. They are sure to be able to discern a debate from a argument in this matter, and since when has a minor dispute caused the topple of a good alliance? The alliance will remain strong unless anyone decides to act rashly, although i do not expect this of either of our families.

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Staje is on a distinguished road

IC: It matters not personal quarrels. I would gladly die for any of you. The greatest honor I have been given is to protect and uphold the family. No mater what the cause. This alliance between our family is no different. To me we are all brothers.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Well i guess I owe a second post here, first up Staje, what was the first post I "flamed on you?. I made only two posts Sunday and the other one you handled fairly well (also I made this one first but that hardly matters now). I did however only have about five minutes to be on and had to rush through to make the posts(first of all, second, third, and last of all being indicative of this), I probably shouldn't have though.
Ebisu, you hit the nail on the head, I don't tend to be tactful around people I'm comfortable with, especially in my own home(which is usually where I am when I post).
Shino, I had considered trade embargoes and of course bounties on criminals, but what if we only know the clan that someone's from and they have no trade with us?
Also I have come up with a compromise that would allow us to destroy any group of bandits, fire. If we use fire to destroy the residence of the bandits (or smoke them out by setting fire to hay if it's a cave) then we can use traps and troops to kill or capture the weakened enemy. Is it not a perfect combination of covert and overt operations?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Lord Shino of The Katana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Shino of The Katana

Hmmm point taken. Trade embargoes could be affected by that but not necessarily completely. For example if a bandit from Bandit Clan 009 has a trade embargo placed on them by one clan but they could always go rob someone or trade with another person. But this is where bounties can help out, if say a bandit clan is say more familiar and known to inhabit certain provinces. Then these provinces could be contacted by the clan placing the trade embargo and negotiate. For example:
Bandit goes and robs Clan member. Clan is enraged and places embargo on bandit group. Bandit group (being really unreasonable) goes off and ignores clan and goes off to steal or trade with someone else for resources. Clan goes to the leading clan of the inhabited province where the bandits are usually seen. Clan asks or pays the province clan to refuse service to the bandits. When the bandits go in the province all happy, they find out that they aren't welcome. This is where the bounty goes in. Not only are the bandits not allowed to trade in its home province "but" they are being hunted by the province's guards and bounty hunters. This is a very good plan to not only flush out a bandit group but also cut their funding and destroy them as well.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Gheari-san I would have to agree with you. Fire is a useful force when dealing with a large group. Though it should be a last resort if it is a building establishment. for re-sell purposes, if the family decides to take control of that territory. (did i spell that right?)
As i said man i was in a bad mood that night and i reapologizes for what i said. Though if it is a cave smoke them out. no way to sneak in to something like that with out being seen.
Though if it's a building Infiltration, gather information. Possibly find out if they hold information on a requiting session such as a left signature parchment. Sign your name to it and leave. Then your in the ranks. you can talk to people from that point and spy your way around giving every one the run around until its to late for them to realize what just happened. Then when you find out where the loot is being stored or if you find the persons responsible. Strike with the assassination then call in the calvary if there is a problem. If they want the territory. Then its grappling hooks for the walls. Assassin's come in do the dirty work. While the Shoguns and Samurai break down the gates. As a distraction for the armed forces. While the hires get the feeling of a cold blade in there back.

The original point i was trying to make was get in kill the person responsible steal the money back and get back out but you guys brought the whole being seen or discovered factor in and it has lead us to this point.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

It is true that we should try to keep buildings intact but we also have to weigh the potential profits against the losses, if we lose more than we could gain then we should definitely just burn the enemy headquarters down.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Yeah i would agree on that note.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:14 PM

GuitarCrazyo is on a distinguished road
Default Laws Concerning Outside Families

that is for public places but personal residences are private. i know we used to shoot at a friend of the families but i was just a kid and dont remember how much land he had.