Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM

HajimeSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HajimeSaito Send a message via MSN to HajimeSaito
Default Re: So, Tatsumaki is dead then?

I've contacted DeXtrose, I'll follow up with you guys in a few days. Funny thing, thanks to the failed (I think) Russian break in attempts, the forum has seen more activity in a span of a week than it has in the last year or so.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:13 AM

Jezberg is on a distinguished road

Well yep, at least the guy attempting to log in on my account reminded me about the existence of this game.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM
The Guy

DeXtrose is on a distinguished road

How is it that you have contacted me? I've spoken to nobody. My account has also been hit by the same IP. All I can suggest is change your passwords, if you are worried about your account. Messenger is dead, how could we have spoken on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
This is a damn shame. I decided to look up "Samurai MMO" on a whim, and I happened upon Tatsumaki. Not only did it cater to my whim of having an MMO based around Medieval Japan, it went ahead and fulfilled all my bases in terms of gameplay.

At least, that is what I gathered from the text that has been punted out.

I did some digging, and learned some of the history behind this project. It turns out that people were told that Tatsumaki was a year or so away from release (This was around 2007 or so?) and some funding would help the project along nicely.

The donations were made; nothing happened.

Right from the get go, there has been lax information. The website talks about how tough it would be to create a day-by-day entry system, which is completely understandable, but this was several years ago AND is the latest update on the project.

Dextrose typed about there being many people who were up for the job but didn't have the skill-set nor determination to develop it. This is supposedly what has kept things so slow and made the game vaporware at best.

I must ask what the plan was behind this project. It sounded far too ambitious, especially considering what the interview contained. The team of around three people were making a buttload of models and textures, but the ground systems were not even close to being testable.

That is the absolutely wrong way to go about it; the game systems are to be made first. Even if you use cubes wielding cuboids to, for example, program the combat system, that is far FAR better than having a large collection of models that have absolutely no use due to their respective systems not existing at all.

Another reason I read, for the demise of Tatsumaki, was that there is hardly any interest. This is both wrong and correct. Yes, Yatsumaki is hardly known. But that isn't the reason for it lacking a stable community; the game has not been discussed, explored or even mentioned in other sites. The reason for the lack of community is due to the developer(s) not spreading the word and making Tatsumaki known.

With all that said, it's not even remotely too late. While Dextrose has decided to abandon Tatsumaki, it is still possible to take it forward. What we would need, however, is all of the developed resources (models, animations, textures) so we can focus on making the various integral systems without having to make any models beforehand.

Now, if Tatsumaki has the chance of being resurrected from the dwindling life support that keeps it from being lost forever in the abyss of the internet, I will put forward myself to help with it.

I've experience in using World Machine 2 for generating large landmasses, 3DSMax/Maya for low poly models (Horrible at making human heads, not THAT bad at making animals, relatively good at making non-organic objects) + UV Mapping and Photoshop for textures.

It's about time that something was done about this. We also need to be informed, if there is to be any hope of a community to still be feasible. Monthly updates on progress, even if none has been made and the posts are essentially the poster posting in a blog-like fashion, it's far, FAR better than the years of silence that separate the few grains of communications that have been made.

But I digress. It saddens me that Tatsumaki didn't even see the light of day.
You know what, this is going to be the first time I will be frank. **** you, where do you get off insinuating that I gave up on this project? I was the last bastion of hope for this project, I cannot do this alone and yet I am the only person who even considers this game from the TLaw team, I think about it constantly and if I bring it up to anyone else they just don't want to talk about it.

It is outside of your legal rights to make Tatsumaki, you could clone it by all means, but do not think you can usurp someone else's brainchild.

To clear up your misinformation, the team was over a dozen people at its peak, and 2 out of them worked at a time, everyone else had excuses, Tatsumaki was only ever the dream of fans, myself, and Sykoi. Anyone else who wanted to work on it simply thought it a fun project, and ****ed off when they realized they actually had to work.

Going in to this project the only skillset I had was modelling. Since then things have changed drastically, my modelling abilities have improved drastically and I have learned how to code in multiple languages including C++, Java, C#, Python and Ruby as well as texturing etc. but even with this it is nowhere near enough because no matter what I have I cannot continue a project that the sole owner of the IP has forbidden be made.

You know what, enough banter let's get down to the meat. You sound like every other person who wanted to help with Tatsumaki, unqualified and overconfident. You are not that bad at animals? You are bad at making heads? You have no foothold to slander me and the team with so little experience and so little ability.

Tatsumaki IS dead, leave it at that. Do what you must and go on with your lives, we still own the intellectual property that is Tatsumaki so maybe one day it will be a possibility but please stop expecting it, speculating upon it and deciding based upon the TINIEST bit of experience that you understand far more than we do.

My personal opinion is that as a team we failed, as a human I failed, but I accept that and I have learned from it. If I could possibly free up some time for me to work on even my own personal project I would, but sadly I am a little more occupied with trying not to live in a box in some alley.

Last edited by DeXtrose; 09-20-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXtrose View Post
How is it that you have contacted me? I've spoken to nobody. My account has also been hit by the same IP. All I can suggest is change your passwords, if you are worried about your account. Messenger is dead, how could we have spoken on there?
I sent you a message on MSN (well its Skype now), you may have not signed on and received it, but I sent it. I did not say "we spoke." I said I contacted you, and that I would get back to the forum in a few days; this was hoping that you would see the message and respond. I had no other means of contacting you other than forum PM, but given the frequency of your activity on here I figured I had a better shot with MSN.

I know you're pissed at these people for posting the same "wtf EoE" posts, but don't get snippy with me. I'm one of the few still on this forum trying to act with some sense. Anyway, I hope you do eventually have the time for your project and even T:LaW, but for now as you said, all you can do is carry on with life.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 PM
The Guy

DeXtrose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajimeSaito View Post
I sent you a message on MSN (well its Skype now), you may have not signed on and received it, but I sent it. I did not say "we spoke." I said I contacted you, and that I would get back to the forum in a few days; this was hoping that you would see the message and respond. I had no other means of contacting you other than forum PM, but given the frequency of your activity on here I figured I had a better shot with MSN.

I know you're pissed at these people for posting the same "wtf EoE" posts, but don't get snippy with me. I'm one of the few still on this forum trying to act with some sense. Anyway, I hope you do eventually have the time for your project and even T:LaW, but for now as you said, all you can do is carry on with life.
Dude I didnt mean to be snippy with you lol, I am sorry it came across that way. I have always respected you, I am not using eoe in any respect anymore for skype either, I will PM you my latest contact info.....which I tried to do before MSN shut down lol
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXtrose View Post
Dude I didnt mean to be snippy with you lol, I am sorry it came across that way. I have always respected you, I am not using eoe in any respect anymore for skype either, I will PM you my latest contact info.....which I tried to do before MSN shut down lol
PM sent, all good.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Roshi II is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, this is Roshi, (the one AND only) just got a mailer about someone trying to get on here in my name too... Read this thread, any news on what's going on?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:02 AM

Kaiser is on a distinguished road

same thing here. Dunno the merit of either stealing **** old accounts, or drawing attention here. Unfortunatly the game is dead. As was said, it is downright despicable that money was taken at all. Anyone working freely for 5 minutes a week would have gotten content done after all these years, but somehow the money is gone and we got squat. I suggest you guys to look at Dwarf Fortress, if u haven't already.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM

Starn is on a distinguished road

Someone has tried to log into your account on Eyes Out Entertainment Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.235.118

someone tried getting into my account at 2:36pm central time today
Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Drunken Master

Xenetic is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, so many memories, i'm glad I got to come back here.

"When you act selfish like that, bad things are bound to happen you know?"
"Oh well, I'll have to deal with the bad things then."