Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM

Jesus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesus
Lightbulb An idea to think about.

Theres an option to create game using Entropia Universe platform based on Cryengine2. Dunno if the engine meets Tatsumaki demands, but i think its worth to see it closer. Think about it. WEB - http://www.mindark.com/partners/

Entropia Universe (previous - Project Entropia) is real cash economy based scifi MMOG, which i started to play 4 years ago. I heard that they're using real cash ingame (Entropia were unique because real cash) and that factor attracted me, even if i don't like that genre. Idea, that all your efforts ingame can bring you some cash is very successful. It grew up a lot because using real cash economy with fixed exchange rate. Now they're moving game on Cryengine2 and offering to enthusiasts create thyre own planets at Entropia Universe.

Im looking for good quality - maximum realistic medieval game to join in. So far - no results! Theres only Roma Victor matching criteria. But its at very poor quality, still at beta for years now. Theyre game engine is too old, game looks ugly and poor because lack of resources devs had at beginning.. Its very important to run game public before gameplay and graphics looks freaking old.

So, theres maybe a solution for Tatsumaki devs - explore potential of cryengine2 and Entropia Universe offer. Maybe its worth to get rights on Cryengine2 without Entropia Universe. Check out, does Cryengine2 fits for Tatsumaki!

p.s. Optionaly - think about option to impalement real cash into Tatsumaki, keeping option to play it with and without real cash depositing. This will attract serious and matured people to your project, evolving game to stable long term world.

My 2 cents to get Tatsumaki on my hard disk as soon as possible

Last edited by Jesus; 05-05-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 AM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: An idea to think about.

Hey,
So how did you find out about this game.
Make a post in the intro thread.

(Is this just spam?)
Old 05-05-2009, 01:30 PM

Ok, intro thread updated. Hope Devs will have a minute to read it. And few more minutes to think about it.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM

WhiteHawk is on a distinguished road

Hmm... he doesn't look like a spammer to me.
Still, that's a pretty straightforward endeavour you have here - don't you wanna introduce yourself first? Welcome to the forums anyway. =D
Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Governess of kumamoto

yuir is on a distinguished road

hi jesus, i trought you were dead all well, its a idea to uses there one but i think that this dev team have already made there own, and as for real money in gam i dont think that will happen, since its is going to be manly a p2p game so asking player to play to get stuff in game would be a bit much, but welcom to the fourm and you never know the devs may like your ideas

ps satan rules

隈元 由利 Kumamoto Yuir Kumamoto clan now recruiting
Old 05-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Introducing myself: Expierienced gamer, who spends most of free time at PC. Seen pretty much of game industry products. Thought a lot, how would the perfect game look like. The game - virtual world, where i would live this second life for years. So i have pretty straight vision what do i want. Other details can be found at my profile.

Few days ago i checked mmorpg to see, is there anything interesting, something i expect. I checked all projects there, somehow last time i did it, i missed Tatsumaki. And woala! Tatsumaki - medieval game without elfs, orks, undead and other game industry sub products!!! I readed concept and there's everything needed to create perfect game! Many years ago i played Shogun:Total War (anyone remeber?) i felt in love to medieval Japan atmosphere (i know, its not real, but western modified, but who cares). So: Medieval Japan game, with minimum fantasy and no magic! Perfect! But, im a bit worried about Tatsumaki development progress. More than 2 years now, if im correct? Project can die, if development takes too much time. So i remebered about this Entropia Universe offer to use theyre platform.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM
ケーキはうそだ

Senshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senshi Send a message via MSN to Senshi

Welcome to the forums!

As Yuir said, they have already made their own engine. EU's business model, as well as it's focus, do not go well with Tatsumaki, which is supposed to be a full fledged MMORPG, with monthly fees, and a steady stream of updates. If they were to go with EU, 50% of revenue, would go to MindArk.

If EoE needed an engine, they would license engines like CryEngine, or Unreal directly. Also there are various other engines geared directly for MMORPG's, like BigWorld Technology which is popular among Asian developers.

Shogun: Total War = Awesomeness BTW

Kumamoto Leader \ Former Meitochi.com Owner
Forum Moderator \ Tatsumaki Anime Director

Go: Kumamoto Clan | Info & Joining Kumamoto
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 PM

Ty for answer. I hope Tatsumaki engine creation wasn't bicycle reinvention afterall, its fundament of all project. Btw, do you have any idea how much it costs to licence Cryengine 2? Just intresting

[Edit by Vahn: Text that was copied and pasted here is now validated and shows up in Jesus's last post. Jesus - there is a validation process on some posts made by new members, which is why it wasn't showing up and you tried multiple times. The multiples are cleared now, and you should be good to go on your original one.]

Last edited by Vahn; 05-07-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
ケーキはうそだ

Senshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Senshi Send a message via MSN to Senshi

Cryengine2 would cost upwards of $300,000/€225,000/160,000 Lats.

Kumamoto Leader \ Former Meitochi.com Owner
Forum Moderator \ Tatsumaki Anime Director

Go: Kumamoto Clan | Info & Joining Kumamoto
Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 AM

Well, in ~6 months Entropia will move to cryengine2. Ill report, was it worth those efforts and bucks.