Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  
 

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > D&D Forum Game

D&D Forum Game A forum for D&D campaigns.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 PM
selmo's Avatar
selmo selmo is offline
Im street *****, WU-TANG!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my howse
Posts: 2,302
Rep Power: 17
selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo
Default Act 1- Selmo's DND

The caravan came to a rest in a large village at the edge of the Nether Mountains known as Deadsnows. The site became colonized when Dwarves and Humans realized there was gold to be had in the area, settlers rushed in to attempt to make a fortune. This sudden influx of people has taxed the village to it's limit and looks like it will continue to do so until the gold runs out.
Ruled by Lady Arletha Icespear, the town is nothing but ordinary. It has your simple merchants, 2 small Inns and a quiet city built majorily of shacks and huts.

This is just a pit stop on your journey, resting your horses and preparing for the trip that awaits you. Traveling through the Fork Rd towards Sundabar is a dangerous trek, constantly under the threat of orc and goblin raiders who live along the mountains. Wild beasts and other bandits and the like threaten every step of the way. There is a scattering of just under 30 travelers in the caravan, non of which apear to be very seasoned. The caravan master approaches the small group of adventurers and inquires in a warm voice:


Hello there, I am Crudak Falconsflight I am in charge of this here escapade. Might I ask who ye all be?
Also Iv come to warn ya that ya might be wantin' to prepare yourselves for the days we have ahead of us, lots of dangerous roads ahead and I am looking at folk such as you to help defend us, god forbid if need be. So supply up and get your rest we leave bright and early. I will be around if you got any questions.


Spoiler:
Players: please introduce yourselves give any information you wish. Feel free to talk to anyone you wish wander around town. See this as a tutorial to get to know your fellow players. Once everyone says they are ready or has taken 24 hours to respond we will begin the first Act
__________________


If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Svage's Avatar
Svage Svage is offline
The Savage Wolf
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Idaho, usa
Posts: 1,426
Rep Power: 15
Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

A hulk of a brute, obviously a full orc, scowls down at the caravan guard.
He thumps himself on the chest while standing to his full height (6'7") and towering above everyone nearby. He responds in heavily accented common,

I am Baraq, called the Stonebender, of the Bear Clan of the northern lands, called the Dale of Icewind by your people. I need only what I carry on me and will guard you untill a better offer comes.



Spoiler:
Remember to use the colors, it makes it easy to differenciate speach from action


Spoiler:
OOC:I wasn't sure, I'll remember inthe future. I was gonna ask but I couldn't remember how to do a spoiler.
__________________

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.


Short stories by ME

Last edited by Svage; 12-17-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Ronin's Avatar
Ronin Ronin is offline
Ikko Family Founder
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In your soul, and I watch you wherever you go!
Posts: 1,224
Rep Power: 15
Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

A strange creature slinks by. Anyone who had seen a gnoll before would easily recognise its body structure, but there is something strange about it. Standing at 6'5", its skin is comprised of several rubbery scalelike patterns, which is almost full to bursting with pure sinew and completely lacking the fur of normal gnolls. Its almost demonic red eyes dart around the area as it spies the caravan leader and hears the offer of employment to the strange group of adventurers. It stepps in and bares its fangs

You want help, you say? Well I want something as well, I want out of this town. The residents are gettin ancy and I don't think I can take anymore from them without them rebelling. I can guard your caravan with my talents, and I'm willing to be paid meagerly, considering my power.

The strange gnoll-like creature is obviously full of itself as it hoists its morningstar and shield, but who knows how strong it really is? And who really would want to find out?

I will expect details on the destination, route, and who will be helping me protect you when you leave

Turning towards the orc, he scoffs

Another big lug, huh? I bet you can get real angry, just like the rest of your orc brothers

He suddenly changes languages

Spoiler about Orc Speech:
Watch your back, friend. You are in orc-hatin territory around here. I'd recommend keeping your hulkin self under a cloak when you come to towns, less someone decides to try to off ya, a would-be hero, ya know?
__________________
"Look over there! its me not stabbing you for your money!" -anonymous

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Tomoshibi Tomoshibi is offline
Ninjitsu Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where ever the path follows, wherever the wind carries me (my house).
Posts: 509
Rep Power: 14
Tomoshibi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

A nearby man watches the interaction between the orc and caravan master. With blue eyes he stares intently at the two men while stroking his golden beard; a large grin on his face. As the orc seems to finish his introduction, the man stands up, brushing unseen dirt off of his explorer outfit and readjusting his chain shirt. They appear to be his only possessions.

Just as he is about to approach the caravan master, another creature steps in before him, this one a curious-looking gnoll. The smiling man listens as the newcomer mutters in a foreign language to the orc. He appraises the motley pair as they exchange pleasantries - he seems an inch shorter than the orc, and one taller than the gnoll.

When they seem done with the caravan master, the smiling man strides over. He offers his hand to Crudak and addresses him as such:


I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Master Falconsflight. My name is Rencer Valdathrum. I assure you I shall do all in my power to make certain the journey does not falter. May we get along, and may you have a pleasant travel.

Diplomacy Check: (1d20+12)[24]
__________________
The Kabuki King
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Svage's Avatar
Svage Svage is offline
The Savage Wolf
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Idaho, usa
Posts: 1,426
Rep Power: 15
Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

Baraq appraises the gnoll for a moment while the man speaks.
Spoiler:
Also speaking in Orcish "I fear no human in a fight, and they will find themselves hard pressed to sneak up on me in my sleep. Anger is a strength I have, yes, What is yours?"


WHile awaiting an answer, he eyes the man, sizing him up, on hand on the hilt of his scimitar, shifting his shield arm back to make sure his back is a little more covered while he stands in the middle of the street.
__________________

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.


Short stories by ME
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
selmo's Avatar
selmo selmo is offline
Im street *****, WU-TANG!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my howse
Posts: 2,302
Rep Power: 17
selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

The man eyes the orc warily and responds
I do mean no offense, but you will pardon me if im a little wary of one such as yourself. I have nothing but the open mind but your kind has been known to do alot of damage in these here areas. Although I will hope your a Mercenary orc more then a Tribal orc, if so I have no complaints...some of the others might be slightly wary so be prepared.

He turns his attention to the second pecular creature, and shakes his head with a slight smirk
Well today certainly is an interesting day for new meetings! Well Mr. Gnoll i suppose it is a pleasure to meet you aswell as long as you dont cause any trouble your welcome to join us. As far as payment goes we will discuss that after we make it to sundabar
The man winks and smiles at the creatures towering over him. He seems almost relieved to see the human face in front of him next. After a brief introduction Curdak seems to swoon.
It is always a pleasure to meet a gentle man such as yourself! Im confident in you, as well as you two... he motions to the beasts
I believe we will get along splendidly, please Sir Valdathum if there is anything you require do not hesitate to ask.
__________________


If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Svage's Avatar
Svage Svage is offline
The Savage Wolf
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Idaho, usa
Posts: 1,426
Rep Power: 15
Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

Baraq scowls even more (one would think scowling would be an art for him by now) at the caravan leader.
"I am mercenary by need." he says in his heavily accented common. "I seek honor to return to my tribe with." He indicates the few gristly trophies dangling from his battered leather armor.
"I will be in tavern." he growls. "Tell me when leaving."
He turns and stalks off toward the closest tavern, making anyone in his way move simply by the fact that he does not slow down or change direction for them.
__________________

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.


Short stories by ME
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM
moses's Avatar
moses moses is offline
LanceArmstrong of Riddles
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,830
Rep Power: 15
moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

Strumming his Mandolin the tall elf Alunthri casually walks by the scowling orc up to the small crowd of people.

"Whats his big problem?" he asks playfully.

While he waits for an answer he gazes around at the other travelers, catching eyes with a few of the ladies.
Picking a few more notes he adds,

"Alunthri Starstreak, fighting mage extraordinaire. No need to worry about your caravan anymore, for the right price you'll be safe in my hands."

Placing the mandolin back into his pack, he waved toward a group of young women continuing his romance. Without skipping a beat he ran his hand through his dark hair and asked, "And who might you all be?"

Diplomacy Check: (1d20+3)[16]

Spoiler:
OOC: the diplomacy check is for waving at the ladies
__________________
Link293|college:multiple moseses?!
m0s3s:yep 3 = work, normal moses = home
Link293|college:this is madness!
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Svage's Avatar
Svage Svage is offline
The Savage Wolf
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Idaho, usa
Posts: 1,426
Rep Power: 15
Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

In the bar Baraq sits with his back to a wall nursing a single mug of mead, keeping his wits sharp for when it is time to travel, eyeing every one else in the tavern.
__________________

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.


Short stories by ME
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Fluffy Fluffy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Sun
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
Fluffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

An average sized man separates himself from the rest of the travelers and approaches the caravan leader. He eyes the orc as he makes his way away from the group and gives the gnoll a side glance as he steps up to caravan leader.

"My name is Syn Cerurtle, you can just call me Syn." he says in a soft voice.
"I'm not sure how helpful I can be, but if you need assistance I will help if I can."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 AM.




Sponsored Links

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Advertisement System V2.6 By   Branden
Copyright 2004 - 2008, Eyes Out Entertainment
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts