Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > News > Announcements

Announcements An area for announcements, for Eyes Out Entertainment and Tatsumaki: Land at War.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:12 AM

Hellsing is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesePlant View Post
I would be willing to offer suggestions if the admin team would like to PM me.

I strongly believe the developers should focus all their time and efforts on producing a great game instead of trying to keep people happy on the forums.

A community team or PR team should be driving the forums and translating what the devs are doing. It seems the devs are keeping everything in their back pocket right now which is never good - it makes people believe nothing is happening.

Showing textures, models or anything you can encourages people to return to the website, after all you want people to keep coming back and get the word of mouth machine rolling.

I wonder if the reason for no content updates is due to staff shortages so there is a lack of productivity or it's just the attitude of it'll be done when its ready and you won't see anything till then. Unfortunately the latter gives a really negative vibe. Unfortunately the developers are not EA and can't ignore their player base... if they continue to do this a time will come where they have no player base, they could have the best game in the world but no one will know about it (pretty much like some good mods for various games out there).

You can't create a social media plan until you have content or plans for content so making a Facebook fan page does nothing except get more people wondering what on earth is happening.

I don't want to criticise as I don't have the in-depth knowledge but I hope the devs here are running this game as a business with a business plan, development plan and a marketing plan.

If its a serious project its no longer about making a game, its much more, its about creating a product that sells. At the end of the day we just want an excellent mmo
Really nicely said.

I'm from the mmo called Darkfall, the game has lost so many subscriptions since its release in 2009.

The problem with Darkfall was that the devs didn't keep the community informed, everyone has been left in the dark wondering if its worth playing anymore. Barely any new content over 2 years in DF, just useless nerfs crippling the games main purpose, pvp.

I love games that keep the community informed on the good and bad issues. A game that admits to going on the wrong path is a game i will invest in.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 04:55 PM
The Guy

DeXtrose is on a distinguished road

First, I don't know if you noticed but this community is quite dead already.

I will put this simply, I am working alone with two extremely part time helpers, I would say I get 20 hours average of work a month out of them and I am grateful for it, one of them works much harder than the other but on average it comes to about 20 hours each.

I will be perfectly honest, I don't care about PR at this point, this has become something much more important to me than just a game to make a name, what exactly is personal so you will just have to guess. I have a good grasp of marketing and to be perfectly frank, having a community built up before a working product is putting the chicken before the egg, its resources wasted on literally nothing. Why am I trying to make you happy? You want to play the game right, what does it matter what I update you with if it simply just costs me time and slows down development to a crawl.

I appointed CecilArcelle to be the community manager, and I have not heard from him for at least a month. This was the last of dozens of straws, I will no longer work with others, I will no longer ask for help I have two modelers helping me and thats all I need.

This project will take me as long as it takes me, I am only working on the core gameplay and getting an initial world setup, something to show off as a working game, even if its not beautiful or perfectly complete. I am hoping by doing so I can interest people who are skilled and have a drive and passion for the industry, and if not I will simply complete the game with my helpers Zed and Kerocker.

Just to avoid questions relating to it, the core gameplay is actually incredibly complex and I am currently working on the most difficult parts of it (saved the best for last).

That is the update, sorry if it isn't what you wanted to hear but I am tired of trying to make everyone feel good, I want to provide a game for you to play.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:58 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Thx for the update dex, i think the main thing that ppl have a problem with was that the game was taking preorders long before it was near ready. When most of us joined we were under the impression the game was only a year or so at the most away. Ive been around now for like 3 or 4 years maybe more so yeah, i can see why ppl are concerned.

That said i know zed and keroker and bother are hard working dedicated guys, hopefully u can get some more guys who r dependable. U know im always available for production art, moderating, gming, ect. Anyone can attest im dedicated lol i just lack the coding and scripting ability to help u with that really needs to be done.

So keep working hard and cant wait to see what u guys got soon.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:25 PM
The Guy

I have never had anything to do with pre-orders, the idea that we took them sickens me. We could have easily built our community on a free web host, and simply had a product before we took any money. I do not nor ever condoned pre-order sales when we hadn't even a completed engine.

I need to make this very clear Tatsumaki is totally dead in the water, the game was not my brainchild and it is logistically impossible to complete at this point, more-so I am unwilling to work on a project that has gotten sooo far out of control when the project manager refuses to even post on this forum and tell people what is going on.

I am instead working on a totally seperate project, which is a standalone Action RPG/FPS Hybrid with dynamic content. I am quite a ways as I said through development.

Again, I am not working on Tatsumaki, I am working on a totally different game all together.

As for the future of Tatsumaki, who knows. I do not own the rights to it, and if there aren't any changes with the project manager I need you guys to understand I am going to break away from Eyes Out Entertainment, which means legally I can no longer develop Tatsumaki.

ALSO: Yagyu can you do UI?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

I cant do script do to my dislexia so im gonna have to say no to that
Old 12-28-2011, 02:57 AM
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagyu View Post
I cant do script do to my dislexia so im gonna have to say no to that

I meant UI Images, they do not need text what so ever. Stuff like a chat box, inventory, things of that nature. I will take care of the text, if you are interested PM me.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM

samuel is on a distinguished road

I wish I could donate some money to help the project; but seeing as I'm 16 years old and have little money to spend, I can't.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 PM
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel View Post
I wish I could donate some money to help the project; but seeing as I'm 16 years old and have little money to spend, I can't.
I am not accepting donations, so I am glad you cannot afford to donate.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 PM

samuel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXtrose View Post
I am not accepting donations, so I am glad you cannot afford to donate.
??? Interesting...

what about http://www.eoeforums.com/billspaypal.php ?

what ways would it be possible to help the project??

I would love to see tatsumaki become a reality, and it makes me sad to see the community so..... dead... plus the lack of news from the dev team is slightly depressing.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:34 AM
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel View Post
??? Interesting...

what about http://www.eoeforums.com/billspaypal.php ?

what ways would it be possible to help the project??

I would love to see tatsumaki become a reality, and it makes me sad to see the community so..... dead... plus the lack of news from the dev team is slightly depressing.

I did not realize that page was there, shows how much I pay attention to the website, I am going to get that removed ASAP. There is no lack of news, nor is there a dev team. I am the dev team, and I have provided you with ALL of the news related to the project.

If you truly want to help, I need talent not money, any of the pre-orders or donations never helped in the slightest. Do not mistake though, I am not working on Tatsumaki nor will I work on Tatsumaki until I already have an established, hard working team with our new project, codenamed Golem. Tatsumaki is a timesink, and it is not going anywhere, it is niche so even after we spend 3 years completing the game to a GOLD product, the profit margin will not be enough to merit maintaining Tatsumaki. People have suggested making it open source but I ask why? Nobody who wants us to make the project open source is capable of helping with an open source project, do people not understand what open source means? All that aside from the fact that we legally cannot release the current game as open source because of licensing.

So to summarize and make things easier for some of the older members who STILL don't understand, if people want Tatsumaki completed, we need a multi-millionaire who is willing to spend millions hiring artists, programmers, etc. Or we just need to get our more mainstream game to a point where I personally can take some of the profits to do the same. The sad sad reality is most (emphasis on most, meaning not all) volunteers have absolutely no ability whatsoever, and when they prove to be totally useless, they disappear and then make up excuses. (Can you tell where ALL of my aggrivation and stress comes from? lol)

Last edited by DeXtrose; 12-31-2011 at 05:37 PM.