Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

Eyes Out Entertainment Forums (http://www.eoeforums.com/index.php)
-   The Katana (http://www.eoeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Favorite Weapon Thread (http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734)

Shinzui 12-28-2005 12:51 AM

Favorite Weapon Thread

After this I'm taking a break haha.

Okay, What is your favorite melee weapon, preferably one during the Tatsumaki time period (16th century Japan). Also give a reason if you can.

Mine is the Naginata. Not only is it a beautiful weapon, but it is a beautiful technique as well. Playing Soul Caliber II originally made me like it, but I researched the weapon and style a bit more, and I also own a replica Naginata. Hands down my favorite weapon, and weapon of choice if zombies attacked. (After I run out of ammo of course)

nobody4422 12-28-2005 01:16 AM

Re: Favorite Weapon Thread

Mine are Hanbo, Kusari Fundo, and Tonfa. They are simple and practical weapons that can be found just about anywhere. For that reason these are teh weaposn I would most like to learn how to use.

Senshi 12-28-2005 01:26 AM

Other than the Naginata i like the Zatoichi (a bit after 16 century), tanto, and the rattan bo.

Slots 12-28-2005 03:23 AM

I like these solid ebony Kali sticks i got from the philippines. Heavy, Durable, and they make a loaud noise when ibang them together...

I like polearms ... if a game doesnt let me use them i just loose some faith in it

but i would also use a sabre if zombies attacked (though critical hits dont work on undead sadly :/, i Fence with a sabre so thats why... heh)

selmo 12-28-2005 11:08 AM

I guess I hafto prefer a Katana since that is the only weapon I have trained with. Though most are cool like Naginatas and nodachis, tantos, tonfas, and bo staffs.

moses 12-30-2005 10:29 AM

I love wakizashis. Im just a short reach, but speed oriented type of dude.

ToshiMaru 12-31-2005 12:12 AM

There are many a weapons that interest me, but none like the Katana. the ultimate blade in my view, the way it curves, and the way its made. it all mystifies the whole idea behind the sword. And ofcourse, the way it looks, none other sword looks as mystifying as it does. It looks cool on everyone.

ninjaxmaster 12-31-2005 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses
I love wakizashis. Im just a short reach, but speed oriented type of dude.

Same here, I also enjoy twin daggers, japanese style ones, I don't know what their technical name is though.
*Edit: I guess the name of the daggers are Tanto's...

Also, Shinzui, my book, The Zombie Survival Guide, says that a katana or wakizashi is the best choice for melee combat against the undead. It's a rather funny book, but some of the stuff is rather realistic in it, in terms of what to do in case of zombie attack on a global level, or even just in your neighbor-hood

Shinzui 12-31-2005 01:24 AM

I'm not sure how realistic it is but I also love the Masamune style sword. It's just huge and kick ass.

Shinoku 12-31-2005 06:15 AM

Bo stick with iron ends to it. It's what I've practiced with most myself, so I think I will be able to 'understand' it ingame aswell.