Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

Eyes Out Entertainment Forums (http://www.eoeforums.com/index.php)
-   The Katana (http://www.eoeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Book Thread (http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=1733)

selmo 12-28-2005 12:37 AM

Book Thread

Come on, these paper things havent dissapeared yet!! A place to discuss your favorite books, personally I love books though I don't have much time to read latley. I am currently reading about 3 different Books:

1984 -George Orwell, great book I need to read it for school I like it so far, but I am more into fantasy stuff.

The Wheel of Time-Robert Jordan, I love this series and am on the 8th book. I think it is incredible! In the first book, the set up is perfect (I wont reveal anything) but It was really well written in my opinion.

The Chronicles of the Drow-(forgot who wrote it) , there are a good series also, based of DND which is one of my favorite games ever!!! I am sucked into this series and put down my school work book and wheel of time for it. Jarlaxle is my favorite character by far.

DragonLance- another Dungeons and Dragons spawned novel. This one is really interesting because it was an actual campaign that the auther decided to turn into a book and publish it. There is a comentary edition which is amusing because it has little side notes along the side and my favorite was one that was in a scene where the main character was clamibing out of a well, when in the real game the side note states the roll was a natural 1, and he plummeted down into the well.

Shinzui 12-28-2005 12:38 AM

Re: Book Thread

Do graphical novels count? haha

If they do I love Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee, I Feel Sick - All works of Jhonen Vasquez, creator of Invader Zim. They are truly works of art.

Sykoi 12-28-2005 12:38 AM

I'm reading Necroscope off and on, its a pretty good book that describes vampires in the most logical way humanly possible... Pretty good book series actually

Raku 12-28-2005 05:26 AM

I havent read any books lately myself for personal use, but i have read one for a school assignment.

It was a nice book called "Holes" and is a very good read. Although its hard to explain the plot, since the author uses a distinctive writing type, i can say its good and will want you to get to the end faster then you can flick throught a childrens picture book.

Yes, its that good.

Utsuse 01-01-2006 01:35 PM

My total favourite and also suitable for T:LaW:

Eiji Yoshikawas 'Musashi'

It's the bestest!

ninjaxmaster 01-01-2006 01:50 PM

I'm reading The Tao of Pooh...

selmo 01-01-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaxmaster
I'm reading The Tao of Pooh...

I love that book!! It is so clever and interesting at the same time. Very good ninja!!!!

glowsticknation 01-01-2006 11:48 PM

im reading Ishmael... and the newcomer's guide to the afterlife..

ninjaxmaster 01-02-2006 03:02 PM

Selmo, have you read The Te of Piglet yet? I'm going for that next as I assume it's similar style book considering they're both by the same author.

selmo 01-02-2006 03:41 PM

No I havent I guess that Tao of Pooh is much more well known, I will look into that one I have reread teh tao of pooh a few times. I really love those philosophies