Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

Eyes Out Entertainment Forums (http://www.eoeforums.com/index.php)
-   Archived: General (http://www.eoeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Is this game gonna be p2p or f2p? (http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=3547)

Ring 04-13-2007 02:32 AM

Is this game gonna be p2p or f2p?

I been checkin on this site for the last 7 months now and been waiting to see when the game coming out and, I was wondering if this gonna be a p2p game or f2p game. I ask this because, hopefully this dont' offend the team of "LAW" is because I wanted to preorder the game and get all those special but, if this game gonna turn out to be a p2p game I don't feel like per ordering cus I despise p2p games. I just hate the idea of paying monthly :\

yuir 04-13-2007 06:45 AM

Re: Is this game gonna be p2p or f2p?

ok to what i understand,this game will be a p2p game, but there will also be a f2p option but for the f2p accounts thay will be limited in the things thay can do.

Ring 04-13-2007 06:57 AM

ahhh I see :)

Raku 04-13-2007 08:18 AM

I believe Yuir is correct.

The official word is that the game will of course be 'Pay-to-play' but there will also be an option for a 'free' account, in which the player will be allowed to experience some of the features of Tatsumaki, but to a certain extent.

Also, if you preorder, i think the minimum package offers six months of free gameplay, so its practically 'free-to-play' for us for a while :P.

yuir 04-13-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raku (Post 40545)
Also, if you preorder, i think the minimum package offers six months of free gameplay, so its practically 'free-to-play' for us for a while :P.

or you could go for the life time membership then it would be f2p forever :-p (well after you pay for it that is)

Vahn 04-13-2007 12:49 PM

I understand not liking the p2p concept, but that is a way to support the team of a game you enjoy. By continuing to pay to play, the team continues to bring in funds to advance the game, or start on their next project while keeping the game up and running. Sometimes outlook makes all the difference :) ... Also, the whole "amount of free play for the level of pre-order" bit may give you the time to determine if you've finally found a game worth paying for monthly *shrug* - just a thought.

Delerium 04-13-2007 02:11 PM

when did p2p stop meaning peer to peer and start meaning subscriptions?

Masamune 04-13-2007 02:13 PM

Maybe we're just getting old, who knows?

Kal Akodo 04-13-2007 02:27 PM

Just maybe....I felt kinda stupid trying to understand this new p2p meaning.

Senshi 04-13-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delerium (Post 40549)
when did p2p stop meaning peer to peer and start meaning subscriptions?

It didn't stop meaning peer-to-peer, you look in the context to determine which meaning is meant.