Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

Eyes Out Entertainment Forums (http://www.eoeforums.com/index.php)
-   Archived: Tatsumaki (http://www.eoeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   [Q]Punishments in game (http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=911)

selmo 08-14-2005 12:44 PM

Question about punishments in game

I have played a few other MMOs where I know people who have been ripped off like a bait and switch trade where people run off with their gold.
Will this be punished in Tatsumaki?
Will the pvp be like if someone rips you off you have the choice to attempt to kill them on the spot?
Will GMs take care of it?
Is it just your mistake and you gotta be on your guard next time in the true RPing way?

poporo 08-18-2005 03:26 PM

Re: [Q]Punishments in game

well... it depends... if they really want a realistic game.... people do that kind of stuff irl. maybe gm's would be more of a "gov. security" type figure to go along with tech support? interesting topic i like it :)

Akuma 08-18-2005 03:28 PM

Gotta know who to trust with your gold.

It depends if they have a secure 'trade' system (both have to see the items/money and accept) or not. A lot of games do that now. Always use that method if it's available - don't trust someone just telling you to give them your gold and that they'll be back...

lashiens 08-18-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma
Gotta know who to trust with your gold.

It depends if they have a secure 'trade' system (both have to see the items/money and accept) or not. A lot of games do that now. Always use that method if it's available - don't trust someone just telling you to give them your gold and that you'll be back...

Quoted for emphasis.

Herede 08-25-2005 11:13 AM

Well, we aim at creating a "player-driven" world; (as much as possible anyway, there will of course be issues that GMs will need to deal with) if you steal money or an item from a player inside a town that is owned by, say, a lord (also a player) the lord may punish you, if the player you stole from is able to prove it. (In fact, the lord can punish you anyway, even if you did absolutely nothing, its up to him/her ;) )

A lot of this has to be tested (in the beta phase, probably) to see if it will actually work. We're aware that a lot of players take pleasure in killing and stealing (from) other players, just for the fun of it. Some action must be taken to make them realize it's not a good idea to destroy other peoples' game. If the player-driven system cannot handle this, GMs must take care of it.

selmo 08-25-2005 12:05 PM

heh seems to me like the players govern themselves I kinda like that. The story relies on us.

Waffa 08-25-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herede
the lord may punish you, if the player you stole from is able to prove it.

How will a player prove this.

Link293 08-25-2005 11:51 PM

Screenshot!?

selmo 08-26-2005 12:20 PM

lol Did the devs ever decide how you can inform guards and such?

Waffa 08-26-2005 01:34 PM

I donít think the devs ever did decide how to inform the guards i think screen shots where mentioned but where just lost in the discussion like many other ideas. their is some info in the articles though on punishment for crimes and how alerting guards will work its not very in-depth. Iím guessing that after you see the crime you will just have to run to a guard and talk to him the option to tell him of the crime will probably already be their in the npcs case he might tell them instantly or it could also have to run to a guard.

http://www.tatsumaki-online.com/wiki/index.php/Combat