Alpha Test [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Alpha Test

ninjaxmaster
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times already, but if i pre-order right now, i get the game client and am able to go play the alpha test right away or am i going to have to wait for the Alpha Test to be open? Also, considering you guys are saying you're not getting paid to make this game, how do we know that if we pay ofr $40 or what not, you guys won't just quit making the game? I'm not saying you're bad people or anything, but what if you run out of interest for this project or just cannot continue making the game any longer? also, is the pre-order pruchasing done through credit card or pay-pal? i'm only 16 so i have no credit card, but i think i can do paypal. Thanks for all the information, when you answer that is, i really hope this game goes far, it's sounding like it will be really good.

ShininShado
05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Hello,

There is a tab to email the developers from the pre-order screen. Just click on that and ask them directly. Good luck sir, be sure to post on the introduction forum.

ninjaxmaster
05-22-2005, 06:20 PM
ok, thank you very much.

Sanctus
05-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times already, but if i pre-order right now, i get the game client and am able to go play the alpha test right away or am i going to have to wait for the Alpha Test to be open? Also, considering you guys are saying you're not getting paid to make this game, how do we know that if we pay ofr $40 or what not, you guys won't just quit making the game? I'm not saying you're bad people or anything, but what if you run out of interest for this project or just cannot continue making the game any longer? also, is the pre-order pruchasing done through credit card or pay-pal? i'm only 16 so i have no credit card, but i think i can do paypal. Thanks for all the information, when you answer that is, i really hope this game goes far, it's sounding like it will be really good.

Lol, they won't be able to do that hehe, because they already printed what you get when you pre-order and such, so if the devs decide they wont go threw with the launch, legally, you a subject to a complete refeund. :cool:

ShininShado
05-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Personally, I've thought this would make an awesome concept for an online game like three+ years ago. Feudal Japan, and a community based on that online... I'd wait another two years for it get to Beta <that is just me>. The dev guys aren't getting paid now, but in the long run they could end up being millionaires <long shot but possible>. In theory, you have 10,000 subscribers, at 10 dollars a month, that's 100,000 dollars a month. Figure just half of that at operating costs, that'd 50 gs a month profit, over a year that's a half mill, in two years you made it. It could happen!

ninjaxmaster
05-23-2005, 01:28 AM
$10?, the pre-order thing makes it seem like it's about $6-per-month, and i hope it's something like that, because lots of MMO's way overcharge on their monthly fee's, like Ragnarok Online is about $15 canadian, where as the games two dimensional and there isn't even very good character customization. Speaking of which, will our characters be very customizable? muscle builds, hairstyles, face shapes, eye color, scars, height, weight, etc. ?

Lodeclaw
05-23-2005, 02:13 PM
We get a cheaper monthly fee if we pre-order. Once the game goes gold, the monthly cost will increase closer to the average. They claim that prices will be competitive, so I wouldn't worry about it costing more than $10 US.

VictoryOverWar
06-09-2005, 03:37 PM
actual competitive would be in the $12 to $15 range. Most new mmo's go for 15 a month.. As far as Alpha goes i dont really understand how any competitive game can be created by an unpaid volunteer team. Im not shure how this team will be able to afford creating this game in a somewhat timely fashion. It is a great idea though but ive seen many Paid dev teams go under

Greven
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
You get direct access to the alpha test at the moment you pre-order.

I can't answer your question regarding closing down the project, but I can tell you this; The current dev crew really don't have much choice but to complete it, and complete it in a boody well fashion on top of that. So far they've all spent well more than a year building up this project, and I doubt they'll quit doing it unless an asteroid hits planet Earth and eliminates most of the population.

Re-funds are a fuzzy issue, when it comes to something like this, since it's not yet clear what the final product is meant to be. But I truly hope no one will have to request a re-fund.

Your other questions may be answered by just browsing the Tatsumaki part of this forum, or by using the forums "search"-feature.

ShininShado
06-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Good to see Greven back. About Alpha testing, is good way to get a feel for the game.

Chronor
06-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Not to be the overseeing pecimisit but i'm an aspiring game devoloper and this game appears to be a daunting task. Even MMO's today with large teams, and big bill$ backing them have flopped or acomplished close to what you plan to do. Also, the code seems endless for all the graphics and the fast-paced combat stystem. But you know what your doing and I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME.

With all the negative, super-realist BS aside, I'd love nothing more than to see this team compete with NcSoft and others to make an equal game that's very addictive, in depth and actually involved with it's players insted of treating them like cattle. Eventually, in later years, i'd hope to get a few years of coding and 3d editing. So far i've mastered Maya and i'm working on C++, to be able to help out, but as for now all i can do is root for the underdog.

TheSporkedOne
06-17-2005, 12:01 PM
So is the alpha available to the public now? That the only thing that I havn't been able to figure out from wandering these forums.

Sykoi
06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
It will never be available to the public.

The beta eventually will, but the alpha never will be... Sorry :P

TheSporkedOne
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
No i meant through the pre-order, not just handed out.

Sykoi
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
The doors are always open to pre-orders ;)

ninjaxmaster
06-17-2005, 05:12 PM
so if i went and paid for my pre-order right now i'd be allowed on the server? and i could actually play the game?

Sykoi
06-18-2005, 04:05 AM
The network part is separate from the game, so is any interactivity... The current release is just to test our engine, nothing else.

We're working hard towards another release though, so maybe in another few weeks you'll be able to interact with others online (It depends on how things go)

ShininShado
06-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Wheeeeee!

TheSporkedOne
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Well then, looks like its time to pre-order this game!!!

ToshiMaru
06-18-2005, 04:37 PM
dangit, everyoens doing it, my sources still wont lend me the cash. Time for some convincing "Persuasions"... hehehehehe. :haha:

ninjaxmaster
06-19-2005, 12:13 AM
oh, already? i really need to get some cash loaded on my paypal, i live in canada, so how much will it cost me, like 40 USD changed to canadian funds?

Akatsuki
06-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I think I'll wait until we can interact with others.. don't want to clear out the HD space just yet ;)

ninjaxmaster
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I think I'll wait until we can interact with others.. don't want to clear out the HD space just yet ;)

Speaking of which, how big is the game expected to be? i'm just wanting to know so i don't get rid of too much of the fun stuff on my computer.

Sykoi
06-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Right now its around 50mb, but as we expand it'll slowly increase.
The current map is only about 1km*1km, but we're going to expand to 20km*20km or possibly even 100km*100km as soon as we get a chance, and that will DRASTICALLY increase the size of the engine.

Chronor
06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Just a quick question
Insted of opening a whole new post to this i just wanted to ask:
exactly where are you on completion of Tatsumaki?

Like are u currently working on combat or just a rough sketch of a town.

Not to be nosy but i'm just a little curious. :icon16:

Sykoi
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Well we have someone else working on a combat engine and he's trying to perfect the animation blending right now, if thats what you mean.
And the game world is probably the last thing we'll do - its going to be quite large, and we need to know how the game will work before we make it.

Sicarius
06-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Bud, you could find out for yourself if you pre-ordered it, not to mention help by funding the work on the game! I need my friend to let me use his paypal acct before i preorder tho.

Chronor
06-26-2005, 05:58 PM
I plan on Pre-ordering. I've paid for games that fall 3x worse than the expectations this game sets. aka: City of Heroes! :mad:

Rez
06-26-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm hoping to get a lifetime membership myself... jsut got o wait til this Friday... If I can't then, then I'll get it three weeks from now.

EIDT: Got to learn how to spell

ninjaxmaster
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
I would as well get a life time membership, but i don't know if i'll thuroughly enjoy the game, so i don't want to throw away $300+ (i've got canadian funds, so it'd cost a bit more for me.). Plus i have to pay back my parents for my car, and save $5000 for my trip to europe next year. Will the lifetime membership be offered later on, because once i no longer need to pay off such things, and i know i like the game i'd be glad to toss up $300+, though i think the price should be slightly lowered after the games real release, considering we wouldn't get all the nifty alpha and beta action.

Sykoi
07-06-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm guessing we'll continue to let people pre-order up until closed beta... After that, no more pre-ordering.

ShininShado
07-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Sounds like a good plan.

Kiros
07-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Hm,Im definitly going to preorder as soon as time permits, Id really like to get into this game from the begining, and Im sure the production team could use the money :D