The new Dubai [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : The new Dubai

Sykoi
08-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Dubai has been doing a major face lift lately, check it out (http://www.oddee.com/item_88597.aspx). Everything looks AMAZING

Raku
08-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Epic.

Theres not much more I can say about it.

Vahn
08-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I've been following this progress for some time now. History International channel has also done a few shows about it. Interesting stuff, all those man made islands.

hessan
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, the Sheik (or Crown Prince, I don't remember which it is) figured the oil wouldn't last forever and Al Dubai already has the largest population of non-Arabs residents in the whole Middle East. Hopefully soon, people will think of Dubai when you mention the Middle East instead of things like Baghdad or the West Bank/Gaza Strip.

moses
08-26-2007, 10:55 PM
ya i saw a slide show on the building of all this. its pretty insane. on top of one of the new hotels is a tennis court. but the building's roof barely covers the tennis court. so people have to buy the balls by the hundreds cause they just fly over the edge. also another hotel had people hitting balls into the ocean off the top.

SunWuKong
08-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Tower of Babel - ftw!

It is pretty slick looking.

Sykoi
08-27-2007, 02:17 AM
I personally love the indoor skiing thing, and thats a bit funny considering I have never once skied in my life... The concept alone is cool enough to warrant a trip there some day - being able to go into a walk-in freezer :haha: