Songs that make you cry! [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Songs that make you cry!

Raku
05-31-2007, 03:04 AM
I was listening to a few songs today when i realised how much they sparked up my emotions, almost luring my body to cry a few times! I was wandering if any of you guys had any songs that made you cry, and even those that you may have a special connection to. So things like birthdays, weddings, births etc. are all included! Feel free to discuss other things also like why you think you have this connection and why that particular song.

The ones i feel close to are;

Rough Hands by Alexisonfire,
The Fiction We Live by From Autumn to Ashes,
Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve,
Hole in the Earth by The Deftones...

and thats all i can think of at the moment! They are mostly just songs that when i listen to them, i feel so entranced and taken in, and i just forget all the things that are happening around me =].

Your turn n_n.

SunWuKong
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Love Before Time - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack.

Letum
05-31-2007, 02:44 PM
i feel so bad :(
i have no songs like that.. u_u,
Katie Melua makes good and "touching" songs .. i think

pCubed
05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Anything Fall Out Boy or Green Day makes me cry. Mainly because they are so god awful it brings tears to my eyes to see such destruction of a good genre. The King would roll over in his grave.

Vahn
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Does classical music count?...because I would have a long list, if that is the case.

Also, the soundtrack to many a movie can bring a tear, but often when it is accompanied by the images on screen.

In terms of "songs", the likes of which one may hear on the "radio" (or whatever it is you kids listen to these days), I'm not sure I can think of something that makes me cry without outside circumstances affecting it.

selmo
05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
i hate to sound cheesy but that hey there delilah song hits close to home...for how much it relates to me as my pseduo gf is moving 10 hours away to NY in 2 months

Vahn
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Don't worry about sounding cheesy - when you have justification, cheesy is taken in stride :) (my girlfriend is on the other side of the world...and I'm a musician, so I can relate to that song as well. However, that isn't why I like it - just tend to like songs by bands who normally don't do soft acoustic music, but now and then release something along those lines...Opeth's acoustic album, for example, is an album I like much more than their "normal" stuff. In fact, alot of hard bands are fantastic when playing soft or calm acoustic pieces).

Also, for reasons I'll leave to the imagination, Utada Hikaru's "First Love" (particularly the piano solo version) is one of those weepy-esque songs for me.

ToshiMaru
05-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Back At One by Brian McKnight . love that song, haha im listening to it right now too.

water737
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
im a man so i can admit to crying particularly to yes the verve bittersweet is good also.

powderfinger - thesedays and also my happiness and welcome to the saving grave ummm some really good anime songs make me sad to ummm BoA do a good one i forogt wat its called its like an inuyasha theme? yeh ummm forgot some more but thats afew :)

Baphometslayer
06-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Ben Gibbard is a genius.

selmo
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
big yellow taxi

HeniuriSaito
06-30-2007, 11:37 AM
In the past I used to get really really sad and hear WASP - Hallowed Ground, that one was a legend to get me angry or anything... I just couldn't stop crying many times... D:

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold / Firefly still touch me... And System of a Down - Aerials / Chop Suey / Spiders also touch me D:

Linkin Park - In the End / Forgotten / Crawling...

Ok, no more D:

Shiro
06-30-2007, 02:08 PM
When my sister started to sing, and the glass in my room shattered and I got some glass in my eye, then I cried. I can't remember the song.

HeniuriSaito
07-06-2007, 10:32 AM
When my sister started to sing, and the glass in my room shattered and I got some glass in my eye, then I cried. I can't remember the song.

WTH!? lol.

There's also that music.... about.... Big butts....

ToshiMaru
07-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Kiss The Rain by Yiruma

Delerium
07-07-2007, 12:13 AM
speaking of cheesy. "We belong together" Mariah Carey

ToshiMaru
07-08-2007, 03:05 AM
hahaha, you should hear "We Belong Together" by the korean rap group Big Bang. i think its a better alternative to Mariah's version.