[Question] Accuracy [Combat] [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : [Question] Accuracy [Combat]

Shiro
11-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I have noticed that alot of MMO's nowdays sacrifice Animations, such as Attack Animations [Combo attacks ect, that looks nice] For a Boring Looping "1 slash" attack, with fancy colors when you use a special attack.

So my question is: For a samurai, will you replicate the Movements, that they used with their sword, like, the Grip on the handle, and the way you do your slashes? [I Understand that you're able to create your own Techniques and styles, but To some degree you have Animations, such as "slashing" animations].

And not just about the Slashes, will you also Replicate the "Stance" of which the "samurai" is standing in?

Oh and, when you're in cities, and I read that [people running around with swords in their hands are unrealistic], so, Will you be Able to Put your "katana" into the "sheath" and have it on your belt?

In alot of games, you can have your sword on your belt, or you back, but its naked [no sheath], will you add the sheath in your game?

That's all for me :D

EDIT: I know theres no Classes, but I used samurai as an Example

Sykoi
11-26-2006, 12:50 PM
This is one of the many things we have to test out in beta... We currently only have two animators, so its doubtful we'll go into much detail with the animations, however we'll definitely have more then just a "slash" animation. (I'm not a big fan of simplified animations in games)

Shiro
11-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Yay! ~

I love you for saying that, really!

I'm so sick of games that only have a recycled animation that goes from top to bottom "Slash". and that's it, and with a "special" attack they add "Particles" which doesn't really help at all =/

really sucked into this game, can't wait for beta.