Dojo concern [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Dojo concern

Spike
03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I was wondering how the whole dojo thing is going to work. I don't see how there will be any need of dojos when the wiki says you can experiment and find out every move. :bad:

Sykoi
03-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, keep in mind that most combos will be over four combinations long... They won't always just be "punch punch kick" - a lot of them will include mouse movements, key movements, etc.
But thats all aside the point - just randomly hitting buttons may let you find a new combo 5-10% of the time, but the chances of finding concurrent (That is, the same style) combos is incredibly slim. Besides, going to a dojo will let you practice with other players, learn from players who have actual experience, get practice weapons and maybe even new armor, clothing, weapons, etc. for free.

selmo
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Another thing that i have heard one of the Dev's say wich I thought put it well, that it would be impossible to master any form of style without going to a dojo ATLEAST once.

Kamakiri
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, keep in mind that most combos will be over four combinations long... They won't always just be "punch punch kick" - a lot of them will include mouse movements, key movements, etc.
But thats all aside the point - just randomly hitting buttons may let you find a new combo 5-10% of the time, but the chances of finding concurrent (That is, the same style) combos is incredibly slim. Besides, going to a dojo will let you practice with other players, learn from players who have actual experience, get practice weapons and maybe even new armor, clothing, weapons, etc. for free.

Sykoi, can there be a "chalk board" the designated Dojo Master can write combo's on? That only students can read. I think it would be a very helpful feature. Maybe limit it to only 5 or so combo's involving less than 7 "actions" so as to not allow any super secret combos to be easily given.

I would like that.

Spike
03-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Heh I probably won't go to any dojo then. I'll just be freestyle.

Sykoi
03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Yes, Kama, thats actually one of the few things about combat thats actually in the wiki... :p