Question about Tatsumaki's music and dialogue [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Question about Tatsumaki's music and dialogue

=CD=SenseiTemplar
03-12-2006, 09:23 PM
My apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place, or if this is a repeat question (I did do a search on this subject, and didn't really find the answer I was looking for)...

What is the status on the music for Tatsumaki? I assume the goal is to use period music, or the closest to it available today (lots of koto, shamisen, and shakuhachi included, of course). Do you have someone who will be performing the music, or will you be using music from other sources?

I did see you had 15 pieces already selected. When might we get a chance to hear a sample of those pieces so we can hear what you've picked out so far? I think the music has a lot to do with the overall atmosphere of the game, and a variety, instead of infinate loops, would be a great way to enrich the gameplay.

Also, as far as dialogue goes, will there be a lot of voice acting? Will you consider using japanese dialogue with english subtitles? Japanese dialogue would certainly add to the realism, and the subtitling would allow those of us not fully savvy to the language to know what's being said.

kyohisakawa
03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd have to agree with you on the Atmosphere... one of the main things about SWG that I enjoyed was music wouldn't just loop, it'd play depending on weather and other various triggers. Seems like Lineage 2 was kind of like that.

And I would definitely like the Japanese dialogue idea. It'd be great to say "I'll kill you all!" in Japanese as you charged down a hill into battle on your horse.

Sykoi
03-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Where did you see that we have 15 pieces already selected...?

=CD=SenseiTemplar
03-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Where did you see that we have 15 pieces already selected...?

In a thread called City - Music, you wrote the following:

We may do what Aucillion suggests, as we will have a pretty large music library.
Right now we already have over 15 songs

Maybe I misread it, but that struck me as meaning you had 15 pieces of music selected. Did that change, was it never accurate...?

Sykoi
03-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Ah, yes we do have 15 songs, I just didn't remember releasing any of that information :p
We currently have two amazing musicians working on these pieces, and two more who work on and off. You'll be able to hear their music when we launch the new eyesoute.com.

Right now we're going for a Japanese influenced but slightly European based music styling, sort of an 'East meets West' style that will both fit the game and allow everyone to enjoy it. (As beautiful as Japanese music is, its just not for everyone)

There will be no voice acting what so ever, it has no place in an MMO and we simply can't afford it. Its not something you want to half-ass, when those voices will be repeated over and over and over again for thousands of players :p

kyohisakawa
03-12-2006, 10:06 PM
East meets West, huh? Is it kind of like the 12 Girls Band? I really love their music!

Spike
03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Maybe add a Bebop feel to it? (I know it won't happen)

kyohisakawa
03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Heh, someone likes Samurai Champloo quite a bit! That'd be kind of weird to be fighting to some... phat beats.

Spike
03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Be fun though :-P

kyohisakawa
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh I wouldn't doubt it! If you could breakdance sword fight like Mugen does... oh, oh that'd be sweet.

Hige Katsumori
03-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Eh, I'm a lot more of a Jin myself, I like taking out my opponents in a casual quick slash.