Armor (different) [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Armor (different)

selmo
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
I was wondering I was looking through the other armor threads and started thinking will putting on like full plate armor take the normal 20 mins and require assistance? Just wondering how you would implement this.

ShininShado
02-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Good question. I am pretty sure most of the samurai had rituals they went through before battle. Possibly this could be incorporated into that.

Senshi
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
since time goes by faster in the game i think it would take like 5 minutes. But if you factor in how people will get impatient, I think it would be 30 seconds.

ninjaxmaster
02-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Or... they could just make it instant, the game does not have to be realistic to that point, nobody really wants to have to wait around to put their armor on in a game...

Hakinhi
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
i agree. Make it too realistic, then people wont want to play. Make it not realistic enough, same thing but less effect.

Telsist
02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
If time sinks like "putting on armor" make sense, I'll enjoy it. Patience is a wonderful thing.

Kyoshiro
02-02-2006, 12:15 AM
are we talking about europeian knights or something ? correct me if im wrong but i thught that in japan they made armor from leather. (atlest most parts of it)

Raku
02-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Really, for this, not much is needed.

A small, quick animation of my avatar putting his/her armour on is enough for me.

selmo
02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
are we talking about europeian knights or something ? correct me if im wrong but i thught that in japan they made armor from leather. (atlest most parts of it)

Samurai putting on their armor was pretty much ritualistic, my cloth hakama and Gi for kendo/iaido takes 10-15 mins to put on and it is just tying knots. Even ifit was leather it was probably boiled leather which is almost as hard as wood. Though it isnt as hard to put on as european knights it is still difficult