Uhh... I got question. [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Uhh... I got question.

Senshi
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok, is there a beta version thing out all ready?

Sykoi
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Please label your threads correctly (Instead of 'Uhh... I got a question.', it may get answered faster as 'Is the beta out yet?').
As for the actual question: No, it isn't. But we are currently alpha testing the engine and hope to launch beta... Well, I'm not going to name any dates... But its close enough you could -possibly- hold your breath and you -may- not die from asphyxiation?
(But seriously, we're not all that far away)

Telsist
12-14-2005, 01:11 AM
(But seriously, we're not all that far away)

Those are always fun words to hear. But I tend to be realistic when it comes to gaming development. If the devs give me a date, I tend to double the time frame. Things go wrong and I expect that.

selmo
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
I heard sometime 2006 for beta, and 2007 for full release but that was months ago that someone said that

Senshi
12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Wow 2006, Its so close. :)
But u hav to preorder to try beta right?

Shinoku
12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Wow 2006, Its so close. :)
But u hav to preorder to try beta right?
If you want to be in the closed alpha's and closed beta's you will have to pre-order.
However by doing so, you also get exclusive acces to EoE news, updates about the game as well as a chance to see unreleased content before anyone else does!
Depending on the pre-order gameplan you get, you also get free months of gameplay once it releases.
Also you get a spiffy forum tag (Ninjitsu Master) and you can pre-save your character name to ensure you will play under that name.
That and numerous other bonuses not open to other players.

Hope that awnsers your questions. For more info for the different gameplans check here (http://www.eoeforums.com/subscriptions.php)

Senshi
12-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Another question. If we pre-order and do the beta testing, is what we do in the beta go on to the final version, so we dont have to start over once the game is completly released?

Jin
12-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I highly doubt it, but you should get a second opinion.

Shinoku
12-15-2005, 06:03 AM
Another question. If we pre-order and do the beta testing, is what we do in the beta go on to the final version, so we dont have to start over once the game is completly released?
Well in most closed beta's and alpha's I've been in you weren't able to keep your character, since most of the time the exp rate you get is extremely high (much exp, less crunch time) so you can actually get through the game faster and look for bugs all around. This usually changes in open beta's and most of the time you're able to keep your characters then.

I've not a clue what the developers have in mind but I recon they will do the same in Tatsumaki's case.

Senshi
12-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Another question, isn't it supposed to be spelled ninjutsu?

Sykoi
12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
It can be either way, I personally just prefer ninjitsu because jutsu can mean more than just technique (A few dictionaries (Can't find them right now) translate it as magical technique)