Possible Features [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Possible Features

ToshiMaru
11-03-2005, 10:52 PM
i was playing some other MMO games, and some ideas popped up in my head. And, i'd thought it would be nice to share them here, and get some feedback. One of the main concerns i have is the issue of lag, there was an MMo i just played that had a feature in the Configuration Menu(Systems).

It was a left to right scroll bar that allowed the player to manually adjust the level of sight there character/or camera could see. I believe this is done so that, the higher the level(ex. lvl 1 - lvl 5), the more the camera can see the background as it loads in the screen. Now, i think that this is how seemless worlds are created(correct me if im wrong), that seemless worlds are programmed to load the next parts of the world for the player as it comes into his camera's view. What, this feature does is it lowers the line of sight of the camera. hence the loading range of the world in front of the camera, and in some way this reduces lag.

Its kind of hard to explain in my words, but i think it would be a nice feature for Tatsumaki. The game that had this feature is called SilkRoad, a chinese, arabian, european fantasy game.

The next idea is about the weather system. I know that Tatsumaki will try to implement as many realistic weatherings as there is. So i thought it could work in a "3-Step Process" where instead of quickly turning into rain, or night time, it slowly transitions through a 3-step process. Where signs of the weather change occur, this would add to roleplay and gameplay.

--------
EX. - Thunder Storm
Stage 1 - Clouds build up in the sky, the whole area where it covers turns into a light grey tone. Light wind occurs in a direction. Maybe light showers, or sprinkles.

Stage 2 - Heavy wind, and rain comes down. A dark grey tone is casted, maybe little or no sunlight at all. Maybe thuder and lighting.

Stage 3 - (Post-Storm) No rain, but a thick mist is left behind. light wind, little sunshine. Most of the elements disappear one by one, this way it feels natural.
--------

when i said this adds to gameplay, and roleplay values. i do mean so, gameplay could be as...An army is about to go into a battle, the brighter leader will look at the oncoming weather to see if he has any advantage. Or, maybe if its a foggy night, it could assist an assasin in his mission. On the other half, if a player is really interested in the weathering system, he could make a living as a weather man, or Forecast Master :crazy: as in the "Avatar" where there was this old lady who used the forecast as a means of fortune telling. <--- Hey, that could be an occupation.

Raku
11-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Good ideas, i like them, especially the one on the line of sight. Would help a lot since i live in Australia, and my latency to most US servers of any kind is around 300 without a proxy.

MaevSpire
11-06-2005, 06:40 AM
I've heard of this. It is a Fade Distance or Viewing Distance (SWG). Yes some MMORPG's do work akin to this method, although there are some that just load an entire zone (Everquest) and so don't "really" and only have to load the non-static elements of the zone.

Every game is a little different in its implementation so I can't really say specifically what goes on behind the scenes in the game engine without looking at the actual code.

But good ideas nonetheless, Documented and Compiled.

Jin
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
I really like the weather idea, that would be great to see a thunderstorm forming first then suddenly appearing.

ToshiMaru
11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
there is this one idea that i believe hasnt fully been discussed yet. The season system. I would like to have a full season in Tatsumaki. It will be nice to have raining and wind, but thats commonly in every MMO. What i'm thinking of is a real full time season, from WINTER --> SPRING ---> SUMMER ---> FALL.

And to make it more sophisticated and advance, implement it so that only some weathers occur in specific seasons, ex. Winter = Snow Storm, or Summer = drought. And then, have it where in some unique regions, there are a limited amount of seasons, like say if it was near south where theres a lot of sun, have it so that the regions rarely have Winter. Or in some cases, a certain season lasts longer depending on the year, or something like that; I dont know, im not really a guy who knows a lot about the climates of japan.

If this pulls through, we may have ourselves the first actual sophisticated climate system in the MMO world.

selmo
11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I was considering...what is wrong with just having a full day system asin a game day=a real life day. And teh time zone would be tokyo,japan. I think it would work fine, Sure you may not play at midnight game time because of work but i still think it owuld be cool. This would make the seasons much easier.

Sykoi
11-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Actually we were planning on having each day be a 4th of what it is in real life, that way we can have seasons closer together :D

Mouko
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Would it be possible to make the days always much longer than night even in the winter time

Aucillion
11-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Would it be possible to make the days always much longer than night even in the winter time

If their is not going to be a *poof* your invisible system I would think alot of people who like playing stealthers would appreciate the longer nights in the winter, and besides if they program the stars right it will look cool at night to, when my dad was in the peace corp he went to somalia (I may have butched that nations name) but since their was no artificial light at night time when you looked up at the stars it was like a scene in bible they were so many and so bright, so I hope the developers dont skimp on the stars, because in parts of the world with little to no artificial lights they can be spectacular.