Something I just HAVE to say [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Something I just HAVE to say

Ronin
09-27-2005, 03:08 PM
:mad: People are expecting to become master swordsman, marial artists, doctors, blacksmiths, etc. BUT in this game it looks like it will be much harder to become a 'master'. I've just gotta get this outta my system... YOU WON'T BE A MASTER, THE BEST YOU WILL BE IS GREAT! If you want to 'delve into the secrets of martial arts' or 'make your own way of the sword' it won't happen, not unless you are extremely commited to it. I really am not trying to offend anyone but i could start quoting from almosst every single user here.... it's just really annoying to me that everyone is planning to become a ultimate player. Just try to become good at what you do and use your friends strengths to help you 'master' the game. And now for Families like the Ninja Families or the Law Keeping families, first off, ninjas will be VERY hard to become and it will take you long enough to get 3 of your memberrs to learn ninjitsu. As for Law upholding families, i say this: you won't be able to 'uphold' the laws, because if you attack someone in a city with guards who commited a crime, YOU will be the ones prosecuted, not the evil doer.

This has been a annoyed rant from yours truly,

Ronin

P.S: if you have any ideas or comments on this, anything at all POST IT.

Yukie
09-27-2005, 04:00 PM
:mad: People are expecting to become master swordsman, marial artists, doctors, blacksmiths, etc. BUT in this game it looks like it will be much harder to become a 'master'. I've just gotta get this outta my system... YOU WON'T BE A MASTER, THE BEST YOU WILL BE IS GREAT!

I dont see it as people saying that they WILL become legendary (well not all) just since this game is still early in its development if you're going to aim high why not aim as high as you can?

If you want to 'delve into the secrets of martial arts' or 'make your own way of the sword' it won't happen, not unless you are extremely commited to it.

I think if people want something enough it will happen either way, im quite certain alot of people posting on these forums would like to succeed and if that means putting in the time to get there i think they will. Its usually hard work and dedication that gets you where you want to be anyway.

:-Notice-: Ill edit this later with some more comments :) half asleep right now.

ComicP
09-27-2005, 04:10 PM
i've got to say good job on crushing the hopes and dreams of the people on this forum.

EDIT:
Ronin bring up a point. This will be a MMORPG, right? won't that constantly leave open the possibility of some better then you coming in and beating you?

Mokurei
09-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Most people say they want to be a master of *insert something here!* in a pretty roleplay-ish context, normally.

Slots
09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
i... said i wanted to become one of the greatest blacksmiths ... now seeing as only 2-4 people right now compete against me ... its not that hard :P i never said anything about mastering the blacksmithing arts... too many variations.

also ... i want to be medicore! (ok thats a somewhat blatant lie... i want to be known but not "OMFG BUY FROM HIM HE IS BEST!"...)

Chronor
09-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Well...honestly who wants to be mediocore? I realize that the game will hinder everyone from becoming the most "1337" "L3g3ndary" characters, but there's no need to tell everyone something they all ready know. It's just a goal, nothing more. Personally I "hope" to aspire to be so good at the game i can use a bokken and fight to save lives and from my understanding you want to become a recogenized Ronin. "Feared, Loved Or Hated throught the land."

All in all, It's a game and everyone falls into the trap of striving to be the best...heck it's what makes competition so great.

Jin
09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Of course it's difficult to attain the "master" title, but that doesn't mean no one can achieve it. Everyone has a few high expectations for themselves/their families(take a look at your family for example) and no one can tell anyone what they will become or can do. Although realistically all the people who say they wish to be masters or some hard-to-attain "thing" won't achieve what they planned, who knows? I guess what I am trying to say is you never can 100% tell what one person can achieve and how strong their motivation is.

About ninjutsu training, we know how hard it is to recieve it, but you fail to realize how motivated/dedicated we are, are backgrounds, etc...same could be said about anything else that's difficult to achieve (I know, I just reiterated what I said previously, heh).

And about the law-enforcing families....who knows how the game will be developed? Maybe they will be able to enforce laws or may not, but what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't state it as a fact along with some of your other comments.

selmo
09-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Depends how you view "master" you could be the best on a server at swordplay therefore your the master of swordplay on that server, it depends of course no one can ever master every move but dont worry aobut it ^^ peopel tend to get cocky and or judgemental

Ronin
09-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Nothing i said was fact, and yes , i want to become known, but not "across the land".... y else would i make a family? lol. I also am a silent supporter of law upholding families.... it makes the game more interesting.

Jin
09-28-2005, 02:18 PM
^...Of course you didn't say whatever you said was "fact", but it's obvious you implied it as such, directly or indirectly in the way you expressed your opinions. In other words you stated your comments as if you were a developer or someone who has great knowledge/experience from within the game when infact you clearly do not. Please comtemplate your thoughts and views together before you write instead of frantically writing out of anger or whatever. Anyway, I don't think anyone knows the capabilities of another and shouldn't listen to anyone trying to say "they will never achieve this or never achieve that".

Ronin
09-28-2005, 02:20 PM
This was something i had to say cause i was tired and annoyed.... ^_^ besides, sounding like you know what you arre talking about isn't a bad thing. I get everything I no from the Wiki and other threads

Jin
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Actually playing the game is different however. The saying "Playing is worth more than a 1000 words" is very appropriate for this post. (or was it "a picture"? oh well, same thing, heh)

Joseph
09-28-2005, 02:53 PM
:mad: People are expecting to become master swordsman, marial artists, doctors, blacksmiths, etc. BUT in this game it looks like it will be much harder to become a 'master'. I've just gotta get this outta my system... YOU WON'T BE A MASTER, THE BEST YOU WILL BE IS GREAT! If you want to 'delve into the secrets of martial arts' or 'make your own way of the sword' it won't happen, not unless you are extremely commited to it. I really am not trying to offend anyone but i could start quoting from almosst every single user here.... it's just really annoying to me that everyone is planning to become a ultimate player. Just try to become good at what you do and use your friends strengths to help you 'master' the game. And now for Families like the Ninja Families or the Law Keeping families, first off, ninjas will be VERY hard to become and it will take you long enough to get 3 of your memberrs to learn ninjitsu. As for Law upholding families, i say this: you won't be able to 'uphold' the laws, because if you attack someone in a city with guards who commited a crime, YOU will be the ones prosecuted, not the evil doer.

This has been a annoyed rant from yours truly,

Ronin

P.S: if you have any ideas or comments on this, anything at all POST IT.
I totally agree with you. I bet that 80% of all players will be ninjas or samurais, or as you said, ultimate players. And they will do EVERYTHING to join strong clans, get good gear, money, etc. And the most thing I do not want to see in Tatsamuki, is la evel based system. I mean I hope it wont be like almost in all MMORPGS - when 12-16 year old kids own everyone just because they are leveling their characters 24/7.

Personally I will find small peaceful village with peaceful people, with their own story, traditions, and secrets, and just be one tiny lucky farmer and adventurer, playing ONLY for my own joy, fun and relationships. If not, I will just play alone, all by myself. Can't wait for that.

Jin
09-28-2005, 02:58 PM
ummm, that isn't the point he was trying to make joseph, I think he's basically saying that "YOU WON'T BE A MASTER, THE BEST YOU WILL BE IS GREAT" as he put it. You kind of just said the opposite of what he said umm somewhat, heh.

But good comment however.

Joseph
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh well, I think I need some sleep. Sorry fellows for my pointless post.

Mokurei
09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Np, it was quite insightful in fact. ^_^

Shichi
09-28-2005, 08:03 PM
This is a FANTASy. So dream big and maybe just maybe something FANTAStic will happen!

lol. BTW I think he posted this just to get some forum activity going on and to stir up some conflict lol.

Shichi

kensai_zen
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
screw being a master. im just here to extort all your money. open a few brothels and maybe a gambling den or two

you make assumptions on things you know nothing about. not everyone wants to be a master...but then again techniquely if you create your own swords style, no matter how good or crap it is you will be a master of it.

explain to me again the difference between "great" and being acknowledged as a "master"

from what i know in ancient japan, those who graduated from a ryu with a certificate is considerd a master swordsman....

so was being a master really that unachievable? lol

Aucillion
09-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I usually think that when people say they want to be a master Martial Artist they mean they want to master all the combos and such.

Ronin
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
lol, Kensai Zen, extort all our money... Our Yakuza are going to b the ones extorting here *stands in defiance* Selmo, do your job! lol. Shichi, you are very insightful, you ever thought of joining the Ikko? we could use someone like you. He is the only one who seems to get it...^_^ which means it worked! we need to post more, lol.

Kurosaki
09-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Open afew brothels? Why dont you open massage parlours and advertise massages with "oriental women" that normally pulls me in............damn oriental women run massage parlours in manchester.

Comicartist22
09-30-2005, 08:30 PM
As for Law upholding families, i say this: you won't be able to 'uphold' the laws, because if you attack someone in a city with guards who commited a crime, YOU will be the ones prosecuted, not the evil doer.

Ouch, I think I am the only who has expressed upholding the laws. I can see why you get angry, but everyone here is just trying to have fun. I do not play a game to be sub-par, I play it to be the best and that probably goes for everyone else.

Oh yeah and watch yourself, because I am still going to uphold the law in every city, no matter what you say. :p

Tomoshibi
09-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Y'know what? I decided that I'm gonna declare myself a Kabuki Master. Why? I'm stylish, charismatic, and I can memorize my lines. Along with grace, this is all I'll be needing in order to "master" kabuki. Besides, since most people really don't care about kabuki theatre anyway, its not like anyone will be able to contradict my claim of mastery.

Kamakiri
10-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I shall be a carpenter master! mwaha!