"A Clean Well Lighted Place" [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : "A Clean Well Lighted Place"

selmo
09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I saw this a as a good time to discuss somthing. A short story called "A clean Well Lighted Place" If you would like to read it: http://home.eol.ca/~command/hem.htm

Well hopefully this paragraph caught your eye:
Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name thy kingdom nada thy will be nada in nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us not into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.(Hemingway, 4)

Im not religious but I know it is an important prayer for religion. Now nada means nothing, so apon replacing these words what does the old man mean?
Father, Heaven, holy, come, done, earth, heaven, day, bread, forgive, trespesses, lead , temptation, evil.

I have observed this story is mostly about a man who has discovered the meaning of life is nothing there is nothing and if you where a total dick it wouldnt make a difference at all. That is a hard truth to believe, to actually grasp the concept of nothing is almost impossible to comprhend from our expierience and apon doing so would most likley cripple our sanity. You could make simple evaluations of this story and this is just mine and I would love to start a discussion about this topic.

--------------------------------Offtopic-------------------------------
--------Please do not repost about the following in this thread-------------

Sorry for being unreasonable ashley I was mearly offended by the tone of your request not that you called anyone here moronic, but morley you refered to the community I like as moronic

ComicP
09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
i think he just doesn't believe in god