This is my everyday diary [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : This is my everyday diary

Aidamina
09-13-2005, 12:00 PM
This is my everyday diary containing the diarrohea of my life.

My school has started and i got a lot of nonsense hours behind the computer so i need something to spend my time on besides code writing ofcourse. Yesterday i had my first database managing class. It was so boring i left after 20 minutes. And when i left i looked through the window and saw that half of the class was standing up ready to leave when the teacher says they need to stay. (felt great :P)

This is probably going to happen on a daily base at my new school. I'm do Informatics technology and its nothing like i expect. You start learning PHP, yeah you've read it correctly they use it to teach us the basic of programming. Let me repeat it again PHP as a programming language *shivers*

We will use java in the second half of the year but they really start at the beginning. They even assume you dont have any knowledge of HTML WORD EXCEL or any program at all. They even teach you how to run notepad. (i know its tricky :P)

Well anyways thats it for now ttyl sweet diarrohea

Slots
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow... i feel your pain ... at least at clemson they start you off in C ...

but im gonna have a class like that later this semester (oddly enough it is taught by my brothers boss (he runs a network at USC ... the one in South Carolina ...) at evening classes at an all girl school... she said its the basics of the basics...) ohhh boy is that gonna be good naptime! (or flirt time you never know hah, unless of course its all people twice my age.)

selmo
09-13-2005, 03:15 PM
whew note pad? isnt that a full double click? Anyways my school had a full year of math functions for C++ as their programming 1 im in java now though

SunWuKong
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Aidamina? I think I've heard that name before.
:rolleyes:

You should always check to see if you can test out of classes.
(Get credit for knowledge that you already have.)
Ask the instructor, department head/dean, or the administration.
You may not get a grade, but you can at least get credit for the class.

If you can't; go to class - get an 'A' - move on to greater things.
:D

Simplexus
09-13-2005, 04:43 PM
WoW!
At least you learn stuff, at my school we learn how to... let's see... type, and type. We learn nothing, it could be that I'm still in HS, but STILL! It's not fair at all!
=p

Ronin
09-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I agree! WE NEED PROGRAMMING IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!! WHO IS WITH ME?! RARGH!

masterofwind
09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
That would be really handy if they taught us that stuff in highschool. People like to charge to much money to teach it. That is why it is only in college.

Ronin
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
o, i c, still! it would rok

selmo
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
<<is stil in high school and in AP comp programming >.> its one of the crappiest school in montgomery to

Ronin
09-13-2005, 05:33 PM
u r doing programming... in highschool... and we rn't?! AGH

ComicP
09-13-2005, 06:56 PM
dude, theres programing at my school too

woo! second page!

ninjaxmaster
09-13-2005, 09:06 PM
There's programming at my highschool too, but we just use visual basic, well for this semester anyways, I think the next grade-level of the programming class we use other things, maybe. I'm just a noob at programming right now, because school just started two weeks ago, but so far it's been really fun, maybe one day I'll be able to join the ranks of the EOE Dev. team!

moses
09-13-2005, 09:13 PM
ya ive done vb. I think this year we do java, but im hoping for c++.

Slots
09-13-2005, 09:44 PM
my highschool taught Java...

Trin
09-13-2005, 11:35 PM
u r doing programming... in highschool... and we rn't?! AGH

Hehe, back eons ago when I was in high school, my high school programming class made an RPG, and the IT dept beta tested it. Suck on that. ;)