Free Version? [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Free Version?

Yoshimitsu
04-24-2005, 10:07 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows if theres going to be a free version of tatsumaki available

Sykoi
04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Yes, a very limited but very much free version will be available upon release.

Kuraku Hideaki
04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
I dont understand. what do you mean about "free version?"

Zyke
04-24-2005, 08:59 PM
He means a version that costs no monthly fee, or that's what my understanding is. Which as Sykoi answered is that there will be, just that it will be very limited. I remember reading about it in the FAQ a ways back, people should do more reading before they ask questions :)

Kuraku Hideaki
04-24-2005, 09:04 PM
read the faq's before, but didn't find any info on that subject.

Anyway, thank you for the update.

Redb@ck
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
I understand it to mean, that in the free version you will be restricted to one class, in one town, but it will be mainly used as an appitiser for those who want to know what the game is like before they start paying to use it. Beebe out.

Kuraku Hideaki
04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh, yes, i remeber now. The free one only allows 1 account, 1 character, 1... etc.

Greven
04-25-2005, 01:07 AM
"Free" version is more likely than anything else a 14 day trial like all the other mmorpg's offer. During those days you will play the game with all its features etc.

Redb@ck
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Ok the 14 day idea sounds much better, allowing potential players a complete insight into the game. Beebe out.

Sykoi
04-25-2005, 05:26 AM
Actually its not 14 day trial - its unlimited; although we may also have an unlimited (feature wise) 14 day trial along side with it.

The limited free trial that lasts forever will limit you to one character, a small section of land, you won't be able to go into some schools, you won't be able to join a family (Other than the default family), etc.

Kuraku Hideaki
04-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Yeah Sykoi thats pretty much what i said :) See, i DO read the wiki ;) :cool:

Redb@ck
04-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Ah HA i was right, "sucks to you all" (said in: Lord of the Flies), despite whatever method is used, having a free option is a great idea, as it gives people and opportunity to gain an insight into the world without have to instantly go out and pay per month, which of course they will when they find out how great the game is ;) . Beebe out.

EDIT: Ah no i was beaten. :(

Yoshimitsu
04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
O ok
Well, i like that theres a free version, cause im on a limited bugdet, but its not too limiting is it? i mean, will it still be fun to ONLY play the free version?

Isuiln Fellblade
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Depends on whether or not you like the game :P

Despite limited territory/characters and whatnot, you are still playing the game... it's like getting one slice of pizza. If you like that kind of pizza, you'll like that slice, but if you want more slices, you have to pay.

Mmm... that food analogy is making me hungry :D

Tekashi
04-28-2005, 02:29 PM
*claps* that was an awsome that analogy rocked!

SmokeDragon
04-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Great, if the game turns out half as cool as everyone is making it sound then I will most definitely be able to pay when the game is released ... As for preorder, money is really tight right now so I will have to wait.

connick
05-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Way, way back in the day Nexus had a free version (I don't recall but I think EQ did too.) where you could go anywhere you wanted but only progress to level 10 or so. Since the concept of 'leveling' is different in T:LAW I could envision a free version where you can play as long as you like as a peasant. Playing Go and Shogi and watching battles from the sidelines.

hideyoshi
05-25-2005, 02:11 PM
seems that once T:LaW lauch it will be p2p directly?

not a Free Beta Phase 1st?

Mustard
06-11-2005, 01:35 PM
hmm, restricted to one town? thats a little harsh.

do what runescape and tibia do, make special areas specifically for paying customers.

tibia doesnt do that so well since you can glitch the game and walk into them...

but runescape blocks off 75% of the game world just for paying acounts.

why not do what they do?

tibia has a class system where you can only get a basic class, (druid, fighter, etc.) but cannot get upgraded versions of them (elder druid, paladin, etc.)
plus paying people can rent a house.

these are just ideas i've seen, don't they sound good?

Sykoi
06-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Actually I used to play Runescape (Not that great of a game, actually), and it never bothered me that I couldn't ask that other 75% of the game...

Not having a harsh penalty could lead to having 50%+ of the accounts be free accounts, which would suck up all of our bandwidth, resources, etc. :(

Mustard
06-11-2005, 01:44 PM
riight always the bandwith, why do i always forget the bandwith? :banghead:

Yoshimitsu
06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Actually I used to play Runescape (Not that great of a game, actually), and it never bothered me that I couldn't ask that other 75% of the game...

Not having a harsh penalty could lead to having 50%+ of the accounts be free accounts, which would suck up all of our bandwidth, resources, etc. :(

more free privelages leads to more players, so even if less than 50% are paying you would probably end up with a greater number of payers. I know this dosnt solve resource problems, but i think that could probably be worked out, right? or no?

ShininShado
06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
There should be some sort of free version of game, so folks can test it out before purchasing month agreement. Maybe just make it limited though like other folks have suggested. Since is a totally new game concept maybe come up with a totally new idea for this area of game developement.