Question [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Question

Shuki
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I hear about all this killing people as ninja's and samurai but how will someone be allowed to fight someone else. Would they have to be in two different factions or enemy families? I just dont see how it would be right to be able to just go up to anyone and fight them if you want to. That seems tedious and could get rather annoying to me. So what my question is, will there be 'sides' to chose or what? Please enlighten me on how this will be dealt with.

Thank you, Shuki

moses
08-24-2005, 09:09 PM
i beleive that it is open PVP everywhere. This is what makes it the most realistic. But i would beleive that most battles will be between factions/familys etc.

Kiros
08-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I have NO idea, im not gonna get into it *waits for Dev to answer thread*

Shuki
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
So i suppose it would be required to make alliances with some of the right people so you dont get ganked all the time eh?

Kiros
08-24-2005, 09:14 PM
See that would be dumb.. a noob makes a char, logs in get owned by someone who has been plaing longer.. thats dumb.

Shuki
08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
exactly what i was thinking...

moses
08-24-2005, 09:16 PM
i dont think many ppl would just walk around greifing others... i mean theres always the select few but i think most ppl will play for the fun of it.

Kiros
08-24-2005, 09:17 PM
... moses i want to believe that but ive played many good games that desisded to open Pvp.. and i ened up quitting, i didnt want to play a game a i continuously died in.

glowsticknation
08-24-2005, 10:27 PM
see, the thing about that kiros, is that there is going to be reprocussions for your actions... you can't just gank some kid 30 times just for the fun of it... and what fun would it be killing an unarmed and skillless noob? its not like we're going to spawn into the game with incredibly expensive items...

its basically a combination of lack of reason, consequences from NPCs, and consequences from PCs... especially if those PCs claim that region... no family leader in the area would just sit by and let his potential recruits get killed for no reason... he would send out a small force and destroy whatever childish brat was griefing

Herede
08-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, you can attack anyone, anywhere (As far as I know). If you attack someone from your own family, they won't be happy. The one who attacked first gets his/her karma lowered. This is for the purpose of preventing people from "PKing" everyone they see. Killing as an act of self defense does not affect your karma.

When it comes to PvP between family members and allies, I don't know really. But I DO know that it's possible.

Sykoi?

Sykoi
08-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Something we're going to have to test... Theres a lot of problems with open-PvP that we'll have to address as we see each problem.

ppharoah
08-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Well I would have to agree with Kiros and Sykoi. While it sounds great to be able to PVP anywhere, we have too many people who just want to be jerks and ruin people's time in a game. I am not referring to the mature forum player base we have here, but more the immature people who want nothing better to do than destroy a good game.
A good percentage of gamers in general don't mind consentual PVP, or PVP in designated areas, but all out open PVP will turn away a substantial portion of our audience.
I am glad this was brought up as I was wondering about this earlier today as well.:)
Thanks for the speedy response!

glowsticknation
08-25-2005, 02:41 AM
that part about open pvp turning away a substantial portion of our audience isn't technically true... this is an open pvp with a system of consequences... true open pvp would make that statement true, but im imagining a system more like lineage 2, or in extreme cases EVE...

lineage 2, you got karma and it took time to go down until you could be seen by the public without consequences from players and NPCs, EVE had a very powerful governmental police force that warped in on you if you opened fire on PCs in their sphere of influence... and it was like 6 battleships at a time, so you were killed pretty much the instant they locked on

Jin
08-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Yea, I'm hoping the karma system will prevent a lot of the unprovoked killing that will happen in the game, but only time will tell, heh.

moses
08-26-2005, 01:38 PM
i would love for there to be a open PVP everywhere, but i understand where you guys are coming from. Theres gotta be some solution... *thinks hard*, *thinks so hard it hurts himself and he falls over unconscious*